2008 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots did beat themselves, they didn't make the plays and the Giants defense I believe shocked them too. I'm not taking ANYTHING away from the Giants they won the game, played great defense, and Eli made a clutch throw to lead his team to victory.

I definitely wish things turned out differently, but they didn't and New York Giants are the champions. No excuses at all. A great team overcomes any kind of pressure and New England wasn't the best team at all last night, they flat out got beat and they have a long time to think about it now.

But you are! That's the entire basis of your posts on this whole thing is that they didn't beat the Patriots, the Patriots beat themselves. You said just that at the beginning of that post. That completely takes away from what NY accomplished last night. Completely.

My cousin from Boston, a diehard Patriots fan, called me last night after the game and said "We got our asses kicked, plain and simple". No "Well, Patriots just folded under pressure of trying to have a perfect season." or any of this other crap that serves as an excuse or marginalizes the other team's victory. Just an acknowledgment that they got beat. Period. That's class. :up:

jag

He was getting pissed at some of his players for not leaping that extra 5 feet in the air to catch some of his passes. :o

I think he yelled at Welker for running the wrong route, I believe that's what the one announcer said and I believe Brady was just throwing it away.

But you are! That's the entire basis of your posts on this whole thing is that they didn't beat the Patriots, the Patriots beat themselves. You said just that at the beginning of that post. That completely takes away from what NY accomplished last night. Completely.

My cousin from Boston, a diehard Patriots fan, called me last night after the game and said "We got our asses kicked, plain and simple". No "Well, Patriots just folded under pressure of trying to have a perfect season." or any of this other crap that serves as an excuse or marginalizes the other team's victory. Just an acknowledgment that they got beat. Period. That's class. :up:

jag

Nope, you're wrong on that. Patriots beat themselves and NY's defense kicked their asses and NY capitalized on that by working hard for the victory and winning. No excuses at all, you're intentionally making something out of nothing and I have given NY credit for making the play and winning the game.

NY EARNED the victory and that cannot be taken away from them. At the end of the day they're the champions, not New England. Now it would be nice if you stopped being an overdramatic fan and trying to make a huge deal out of nothing.

DAGGUM GIANTS! :cmad:

If New england doesn't re-sign Randy Moss i...i don't know what i'll do.

Bill might be suspended for 08 and all this happens really saddens a pats fan :csad:

again, DAGGUM GIANTS! :cmad:

one of my really good friends is a Pats fan, she was at a party with all Pats fans and she called me and basically said she never saw Tom Brady and the pats get shut down like that.....

Dude, you really should read what you are typing. They weren't making the plays because the defense was shutting them down. Which flustered Brady, which caused him to miss passes.

Sure there was pressure on the team. The pressure of the Giant defense.

And I have admitted it. The defense really did shock the Patriots and they didn't know how to combat it, I have said that a million times and posters are intentionally looking over it or refusing to acknowledge it.

the look on Bradys face during the game was "why the **** am I on the ground?? This never happened before....it hurts it hurts...."

He was getting pissed at some of his players for not leaping that extra 5 feet in the air to catch some of his passes. :o

I think he yelled at Welker for running the wrong route, I believe that's what the one announcer said and I believe Brady was just throwing it away.

One thing is for certain; Brady got his bell rung more last night than he did all season and it rattled him big time. Without that O-Line really doing their job and giving him some protection, he's not superhuman as a QB anymore. He was obviously not used to getting manhandled like that last night and it flustered him. The Giants D-Line was having a field day with him last night.

jag

A least there's the pro-bowl to look forward to :csad:............................:waa: :dry:

the first play of the Pats first offensive series when Brady got driven into the ground, I knew the Pats were in trouble

Nope, you're wrong on that. Patriots beat themselves and NY's defense kicked their asses and NY capitalized on that by working hard for the victory and winning. No excuses at all, you're intentionally making something out of nothing and I have given NY credit for making the play and winning the game.

NY EARNED the victory and that cannot be taken away from them. At the end of the day they're the champions, not New England. Now it would be nice if you stopped being an overdramatic fan and trying to make a huge deal out of nothing.

All your "compliments" to NY have been preceded by crap like the bold, big text above. That's an excuse. That's a way of saying NY didn't win because they were the better team last night, but because NE basically let them. :down

jag

Uh, yeah that's an excuse.

An excuse is

"The refs cheated."

"NY cheated."

Admitting the Patriots beat themselves and lost the game is not an excuse. When I say beat themselves I'm not saying the Giants didn't beat them, I'm simply saying New England choked under pressure from the Giants defense and didn't make the plays that count.

one of my really good friends is a Pats fan, she was at a party with all Pats fans and she called me and basically said she never saw Tom Brady and the pats get shut down like that.....

He got beat up a couple times, not as bad as last night, but The Eagles, Ravens both got to him alot, funny both games were nail biters.

Also taking Moss out of the game is huge, double him and triple him and there in trouble. Brady tries to force some thows that are simply not there.

If it smells like an excuse, looks like an excuse and sounds like an excuse. It's an excuse.

and in doing that LS you are refusing to acknowledge the Giants as the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL...which as of last night they are

i really whant Hobbs to be cut but he's a decent corner who's still young and has a long carreer ahead of him

Just get us a O-Line and a younger defense and i'll be happy :csad:

All your "compliments" to NY have been preceded by crap like the bold, big text above. That's an excuse. That's a way of saying NY didn't win because they were the better team last night, but because NE basically let them. :down

jag

Nope, not at all. So pretty much I have to say "NY beat us fair and square, no excuses" first before I even attempt to make an intelligent post and say why they beat us?

NEW YORK BEAT US FAIR AND SQUARE, NO EXCUSES. I have no reason to make outrageous claims like most fans tend to do. If I wanted to make an excuse I would say "New York paid the refs off", "The fans of NY really cheated by making so much noise.", "the refs wanted to help NY win" and all kinds of crazy stupid excuses.

I have given credit where credit is due. NEW YORK KICKED OUR ASSES, that's all there is to it. How many more times do I have to say in order for you to understand that I'm not taking anything away from New York?

and in doing that LS you are refusing to acknowledge the Giants as the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL...which as of last night they are

NY are the best team in the NFL and winning the Super Bowl proved it. They capitalized on the mistakes made by the Patriots, provided tough defense, and made a crucial play that earned them the victory. Where have I denied that? Just because I simply am acknowledging the mistakes of the Patriots first and giving credit to NY doesn't mean I'm making excuses.

Nope, not at all. So pretty much I have to say "NY beat us fair and square, no excuses" first before I even attempt to make an intelligent post and say why they beat us?

NEW YORK BEAT US FAIR AND SQUARE, NO EXCUSES. I have no reason to make outrageous claims like most fans tend to do. If I wanted to make an excuse I would say "New York paid the refs off", "The fans of NY really cheated by making so much noise.", "the refs wanted to help NY win" and all kinds of crazy stupid excuses.

I have given credit where credit is due. NEW YORK KICKED OUR ASSES, that's all there is to it. How many more times do I have to say in order for you to understand that I'm not taking anything away from New York?

exactly....make your case however you want but as long as thats the first thing out of your mouth Im happy

I think we've made some progress here, today. Why don't you capture your feelings over the course of the next week in your journal and we'll talk about them next session? :)

jag

The gist of some of your posts were that the Pats would have won if they lost previously in the season. :huh:

exactly....make your case however you want but as long as thats the first thing out of your mouth Im happy

I'm not going to say something in order to please you or anyone. The fact that I'm admitting New York kicked our asses is more than enough, I don't have to word it exactly how YOU or anyone wants it in order for YOU to be happy.

i really whant Hobbs to be cut but he's a decent corner who's still young and has a long carreer ahead of him

Just get us a O-Line and a younger defense and i'll be happy :csad:

There O-Line, is tremendous, they lost there starting guard early in the game which didn't help. The Giants are as just good though on the D Line, and confused them on a number of plays.

There defense however is quite old. Rodney Harrison is one of my most hated palyers, I've never liked him, and im not entirely sure why.:huh:

NEW YORK BEAT US FAIR AND SQUARE, NO EXCUSES.

and thats fine.....and this statement is enough....I understand as a Pats fan how you're feeling today....(I apologize for the creative editing but I couldnt help myself)

The gist of some of your posts were that the Pats would have won if they lost previously in the season. :huh:

Yes, I did say that. I believe that wanting to make history clouded their judgement and they came in with a big head. Let's face it New England was extremely cocky this season and I'm sure they thought they were just going to bully New York, beat them senseless, and then humilate them at the press conference.

New York came out to play and put such a pressure defense on Tom Brady and the offensive line that it shut them down completely. When I saw the score I knew it was a possibility that NY would win because it was so close and they frustrated Brady. Eli made a great crucial clutch throw and the catch sealed the victory for them.

Believe me, as a fan of New England, I wish things turned out differently but they didn't and it's back to the drawing board for them. As of last night and until the new season starts New York are the Super Bowl champions and the best in the NFL right now. No excuses from me at all.

It definitely seems like you, Jags, and a host of others twisted my post into something that wasn't meant to take anything away from New York at all. And that says a lot about you because you want people to say something the way you want them to say it in order to please you. If you aren't confident enough to believe NY won it fair and square, and need someone to say it to you in order to feel better about it, then it doesn't say too much about you as a fan of football or sports in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"