• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

2008 Razzies

Matt pretty much summed this deal up, these nominations were designed for just the reaction they are getting in here, although the Razzies have always been hard on Stallone.

Why is Tom Cruise on there for Valkyrie? That is a very good movie and he was solid in it. Not awards-worthy, but there was nothing to really complain about other than he is Tom Cruise.

The backlash to Indy IV is overblown and ridiculous as well. This "they raped our childhood" ******** is old. Oh well.

Worst Picture:

Disaster Movie and Meet the Spartans, The Hottie & The Nottie, definatley

Worst Actor:

Zac Efron, Dane Cook, Larry the Cable Guy, Eddie Murphy,

Worst Actress:
Paris Hilton, clearly

i am insulted reese witherspoon was on that list

Worst Screen Couple:

Any couple from HSM 3, , Paris Hilton & Joel David Moore, Any couple from Mamma Mia, Eddie Murphy & Eddie Murphy (Meet Dave)

Worst Director:

Uwe Boll,
Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Rip-Off:

HSM 3, , Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans, Prom Night,

Worst Career Achievement:

Uwe Boll

No, he's not. Nor is Speed Racer the worst movie or Will Ferrell the worst actor. But the Razzies are no longer about what is truly the worst. It is about what can get the Golden Rasberry Foundation the most attention by bashing the most high profile actors they can think of.

For example, notice how Julie Benz went unnoticed despite God awful performances in Rambo, Saw, and The Punisher...yet Zooey DEschanel who was relatively harmless despite a bad script gets a nomination. Why? Because no one knows who the **** Julie Benz is. The Razzies are no longer about mediocrity. They are now the likes of TMZ. They call out the highest profile actors they can get away with in order to get attention. Nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly. They're more about targeting tabloid fodder now than actually awarding truly bad films/performances. There's no reason why Tom Cruise should have been nominated. They just nominated things that annoy them and stars they're tired of.

And I happened to enjoy Indy IV. I didn't care about the nuked fridge. The jumped out of an airplane with a life raft in one of the original film, for god's sake...why start crying for reality now??

I guarantee your boy Jackman gets a nomination next year, Dan. Between Australlia, Wolverine, and the Oscars he is set to finally break through to the A-list (the actual man, Hugh Jackman, not just his character Wolverine)...and that will no doubt make the Golden Rasberry Foundation want to take him down a notch. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if they nominate Ledger for that Terry Gilliam movie coming out next year, just for the sake of nominating Heath Ledger.

Exactly. They're more about targeting tabloid fodder now than actually awarding truly bad films/performances. There's no reason why Tom Cruise should have been nominated. They just nominated things that annoy them and stars they're tired of.

And I happened to enjoy Indy IV. I didn't care about the nuked fridge. The jumped out of an airplane with a life raft in one of the original film, for god's sake...why start crying for reality now??

:applaudAmen! Especially to that last part.

What is this Stallone hate?!

Worst Actor: Wahlberg in The Happening
Worst Movie: The Happening
Worst Actress:Jessica Alba in anything
Worst Coupled stars: Nic Cage and his hair Bankok Dangerous
Worst Sequel: Indiana Jones 4, that's the last straw Lucas.

Pretty much all these picks, besides Cage, are based on how disappointing they were and/or how disappointing the performances were.

I can't believe people defend Indy. It had the most over the top rediculous action scenes of all time.
Hmm... Hearts getting rip-outed, using a raft to jump hundreds of feet in the air on a mountain with three people in it, a man who's been alive for hundreds of years & a box full of ghosts that melt faces off. Yeah, Indiana Jones is a really believable series.

:whatever:

The nuked fridge is an exaggeration!:huh: It bounced like 400 feet in the air and landed and he got right out of it. Walking and okay.

Indiana Jones > Superman & Chuck Norris combined.

The movies nowhere nears as bad a crap load of other movies. The only reason people hate Indy IV is because they walked in with expectations that went through the roof. The people who liked it walked in & got what they were expecting, a fun action movie.

There will NEVER be an action/adventure movie better than 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' so don't expect it.

I guarantee your boy Jackman gets a nomination next year, Dan. Between Australlia, Wolverine, and the Oscars he is set to finally break through to the A-list (the actual man, Hugh Jackman, not just his character Wolverine)...and that will no doubt make the Golden Rasberry Foundation want to take him down a notch. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if they nominate Ledger for that Terry Gilliam movie coming out next year, just for the sake of nominating Heath Ledger.

I wouldn't be surprised. I was half-expecting Australia to get a few nods this year since the movie didn't do that well and people seem to have it out for Nicole these days. Glad it didn't, I loved that movie.

I don't think they'll touch Heath, though.

Jackman's relatively safe because he keeps his private life pretty normal and quiet. Surprised Angelina Jolie didn't get nominated, Wanted was big enough and she's always in the tabloids.

I know its like huh? Any movie that's released from the guys who made date movie and all those other turds should automatically win worst movie.

That should be a given rule.

Date Movie isn't nearly as painful as Friedberg/Seltzer's "parodies" after that, anything with Alyson Hannigan is worth watching at least once (the scene with Hannigan in a fat suit dancing to "Milkshake" did make me laugh). That said, it was still pretty awful.

Either Hannigan was going in with the blind hope that DM would launch a big-screen career or she just needed money. After enduring DM, it's a 99% chance she did it for the money.

Will Ferrel was hilarious in Step Brothers. That movie is my favorite comedy in years.

Wow. No offense, but you must either have really low standards or else you haven't seen many comedies. If watching a pair of idiots eat a white dog turd is the funniest thing you've seen in years, then I have to wonder what else you consider good entertainment.

Sylvester Stallone & His Ego?

That is an example of why the Razzies are worthless.

Worst Picture: Disaster Movie

Worst Director: Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer

Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Rip-Off: Disaster Movie

Worst Career Achievement: Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer

Hands down. Actually, it should be a tie for Worst Picture between Disaster Movie and Meet the Spartans.

Hmm... Hearts getting rip-outed, using a raft to jump hundreds of feet in the air on a mountain with three people in it, a man who's been alive for hundreds of years & a box full of ghosts that melt faces off. Yeah, Indiana Jones is a really believable series.

Indiana Jones > Superman & Chuck Norris combined.

The movies nowhere nears as bad a crap load of other movies. The only reason people hate Indy IV is because they walked in with expectations that went through the roof. The people who liked it walked in & got what they were expecting, a fun action movie.

There will NEVER be an action/adventure movie better than 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' so don't expect it.

Sorry man, I just don't like the movie. After the Last Crusade I thought Indy was gonna stay a more serious tone but it went back to the Temple of Doom stuff.

And I love Indiana Jones just bc I didn't like this one doesn't mean I hate him or the older movies. As for Raiders being the best action/adventure, I'd say its either the best or one of the best. I do think Indiana Jones is the best hero character in any movie I've ever seen.

I have methods to my madness. Like I said I would have liked a more serious tone than the way it went. I could have done without Mutt. I would have liked action scenes to be more realistic. I would have liked better CGI than cartoony monkey's and giant fire ants.
I did like Harrison Ford's performance, he still was Indy, I just didn't like the story so much or the direction in which they took it.

Once again I'm sorry for not liking it but you know I don't blame others for liking it. Whatever...like what you want.

I hate the Razzies.
Why do we feel the need to put down other people this way?

I must say this again: TOM CRUISE DIDN'T SUCK IN VALKYRIE!!!

The Razzies are idiots for that pick :o

He wasn't actually nominated....the first batch was a "for your consideration" type thing I guess you could say.

Here are the "worst actors"

Myers will compete for worst actor alongside some of Hollywood's biggest stars -- last year's winner, Eddie Murphy, ("Meet Dave"), Al Pacino ("88 Minutes" and "Righteous Kill"), Mark Wahlberg ("The Happening" and "Max Payne") as well as comedian Larry the Cable Guy ("Witless Protection").

Oh, I forgot about "Collateral". He was good in that too. No dice on "Magnolia" or "Jerry Maguire", IMO.

Cocktail, The Last Samauri, The Outsiders (yes he was in that), Risky Business... Cruise has been in ALOT of good movies

I don't think Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull should have a nom for worst sequel.

Glad Cruise wasn't "nominated". It would be unfair, he actually gave a good performance in Valkyrie. Al Pacino doesn't deserve to be with Larry the Cable Guy and Eddie Murphy either! Those guys at Razzies are full of *****, they admited Cruise was on the short list even before the movie opening, only based in rumors about the performance. the worst thing is that the media actually take those guys serious, they even hold press conferences to announce it. I don't think it is funny, it is pretty ridiculous.

The nominations are way off. I thought Rambo was good. Indiana , Day the earth stood still, Valkyrie , and My best friend's Girl were all ok.

the worst picture was disaster movie . it was absolute white dog crap

the worst actor was mike myers
the worst actress was probably paris hilton
the worst couple was diaz and kutcher
worst remake was bangkok dangerous
worst career friedberg and seltzer
worst celebrity was maddonna for boinking a-rod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"