2008....Who's it Gonna Be??

That was more the viewers than the actual media :o

No, the actual media went on every limb to declare Obama invincible. They analyzed polls and made their conclusions. They were convinced that he'd win New Hampshire, and then gain enough momentum to become the Democratic nominee.

Every pundit from Chris Matthews to Wolf Blitzer jumped on the Obama bandwagon. They wanted him to win, they declared him the winner... then they ate their words when he lost New Hampshire. As someone who watched MSNBC and CNN every single day in between the two contests, it became apparent that they had dubbed Obama the Man of the Hour, and their choice to tear Clinton down and take on the nomination. They almost had me convinced she was done for, and I was almost ready to jump on the Obama Express... until Hillary managed to win NH.

Huckabee was the exact same way. From mid-December through Iowa, the media declared him the conservative darling, the man to beat, etc. They rode off Giuliani, were ready to ride off Mitt Romney, and were starting to consider McCain a viable option. But they saw Huckabee as the new frontrunner.

The media convinced the viewers that these two were going to win. Once McCain and Clinton won New Hampshire, though, the media stopped, took a good look at themselves, and then jumped on both those candidates' bandwagons, too.

Even today, following South Carolina, the media is starting to jump back on Obama's boat. "What does this mean for Super Tuesday?" "Does Hillary face a real threat?" They're making this race theirs and determining the outcome based on who's the man of the hour. And from what I can tell, the pundits want to see Hillary sink along with McCain so they'll have a great story to cover.

I guarantee that Obama will not get the nomination. While I would not bet on the Republican nomination, Clinton has this one in the bag on February 5.

Why does your guarentee have to suck? Usually guarentees are a good thing,..

The GOP Candidate of Florida will be the GOP Candidate.

If McCain loses - he will lose a lot of his support that comes from him being the GOP front runner.

Every pundit from Chris Matthews to Wolf Blitzer jumped on the Obama bandwagon. They wanted him to win, they declared him the winner... then they ate their words when he lost New Hampshire. As someone who watched MSNBC and CNN every single day in between the two contests, it became apparent that they had dubbed Obama the Man of the Hour, and their choice to tear Clinton down and take on the nomination. They almost had me convinced she was done for, and I was almost ready to jump on the Obama Express... until Hillary managed to win NH.

I cant agree with that in the slightest. CNN has been my #1 source for news for a great many years now, and I would argue that people like Bill Shnieder in particular crowned Hillary loooong ago

I cant agree with that in the slightest. CNN has been my #1 source for news for a great many years now, and I would argue that people like Bill Shnieder in particular crowned Hillary loooong ago

Everyone did.

Until Iowa.

Then she was doomed.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

Also - Democrat supporting Romney based on the belief that he is the most beatable is sadly mistaken. In an election where the economy is Issue Number 1 - he is the biggest threat to a Democrat victory.

Why does your guarentee have to suck? Usually guarentees are a good thing,..
Sorry.

I think his guarantee is amazing.
I don't think it's amazing. Both Obama and Clinton are horrible candidates and I can't stand either of them.

Obama is nothing but a false hope of change and unity. He won't bring change, he votes almost the same way as Hillary Clinton. He won't bring unity, Republicans aren't going to go behind someone who's more liberal than Hillary Clinton. He has no experience, he hasn't even served a full term in the Senate, has spent most of his career in national politics running for President, and his attendance record is abysmal. And he lacks a true platform, hope, change and unity is not a platform. And when he does bring an idea up they're really, really, bad (withdraw from Iraq but leave 5,000 troops, support for inefficient American corn ethanol, universal health care especially in a time of deficits in a nation of 300+ million people).

Clinton lacks the charm of her husband and comes off as a frigid ice b***h. She has no true experience, she's done nothing significant in her one and a half terms as Senator, and when she tried to be somewhat important as First Lady with health care it blew up in her face. What Obama says is true, she'll say anything to get elected. And the only reason why she has a nationally political career is because of her husband. I'm truely ashamed to have her as my state's Senator.

Everyone did.

Until Iowa.

Then she was doomed.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

Also - Democrat supporting Romney based on the belief that he is the most beatable is sadly mistaken. In an election where the economy is Issue Number 1 - he is the biggest threat to a Democrat victory.

Almost every political correspondent would disagree with you there.

He isn't the biggest threat to the Democrats. The polls show that he would get his ass handed by Clinton and Obama. All of the Republicans except for McCain would get beaten. He's the only threat to the Democrats because he would take away a lot of the much needed independent and moderate vote.

Clinton vs. McCain

Hillary is not really the type who'll be defeated easily, especially to someone that anybody barely heard of two years ago.

McCain is, well, McCain.
To say the least, he simply cant be brushed aside.

Due to the slowing economy (sub-prime rates, housing, oil, etc), immigration problems, and the ever-present danger of terrorism (Syria - Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran, Iraq, the global Al-Qaeda network, North Korea, etc), the nation is in need of a true leader, one who is strong, and adept, yet humble and magnanimous; one who is practical and idealistic in thought and in action.

I'd like to see Obama vs. anybody but I think it's going to be Clinton vs. McCain.:csad:

2008-2012 is going to be horrible times. Possibley 2012-2016 also.

2008-2012 is going to be horrible times. Possibley 2012-2016 also.

As long as another Republican doesn't win, things will get better than they have been the last eight years. I'm not a Democrat, but I do recognize that the neo-conservative puppetmasters pulling the strings behind the scenes in the Republican party right now have some very selfish, evil intentions (mostly revolving around lining their own pockets and increasing their power base) and the only way we can get some of their misdeeds corrected is to get them out of power in the White House. Hillary isn't much better, I'll be honest, and Obama is just another politician as well through all that he's been saying and doing. However, I'd take their brand of suck over the brand of suck we've been given the last eight years any day.

jag

As long as another Republican doesn't win, things will get better than they have been the last eight years. I'm not a Democrat, but I do recognize that the neo-conservative puppetmasters pulling the strings behind the scenes in the Republican party right now have some very selfish, evil intentions (mostly revolving around lining their own pockets and increasing their power base) and the only way we can get some of their misdeeds corrected is to get them out of power in the White House. Hillary isn't much better, I'll be honest, and Obama is just another politician as well through all that he's been saying and doing. However, I'd take their brand of suck over the brand of suck we've been given the last eight years any day.

jag

perfectly articulated, as usual. :up:

So, because she has problems in her history that the Republicans might attack, that voids her chances of winning the Democratic nomination?

What about Barrack Hussein Obama? Do you think Christian Conservatives are going to be easy on him? The amount of dirt they can throw at him far exceeds what they can throw at her-- whether that dirt is true or not. At least she knows how to defend herself. And not only does she know how to defend herself, she knows how to address voter concerns before the attacks can come flying in. Barack Obama just stands there, talking in circles, without actually addressing the attacks.

"But Obama is teh change candidate. What attacks could those be???//!1!" His past drug use, dealings with Tony Rezko, the false attacks claiming he's a Muslim... he's got a lot more on his plate to deal with than his supporters think.

I thought you said Obama was a devout Christian? Surely that's enough to get him in office. I think, and hope, he'll win. I'd prefer Ron Paul, but Obama is a solid second choice, and ideal if he'd enhance his platform a bit more. He has some good outlines for them but he needs to work on them a bit.

I thought you said Obama was a devout Christian? Surely that's enough to get him in office. I think, and hope, he'll win. I'd prefer Ron Paul, but Obama is a solid second choice, and ideal if he'd enhance his platform a bit more. He has some good outlines for them but he needs to work on them a bit.

What?? Ron Paul is the polar opposite of Obama....?

I did a report on both candidates. Paul's a lot more clear on his stances than Obama. I researched both their websites, watched interviews, etc.

I did a report on both candidates. Paul's a lot more clear on his stances than Obama. I researched both their websites, watched interviews, etc.

If you did a report on both of them, you should know that they are basically polar opposites of eachother, then....

Sorry.

I don't think it's amazing. Both Obama and Clinton are horrible candidates and I can't stand either of them.

Obama is nothing but a false hope of change and unity. He won't bring change, he votes almost the same way as Hillary Clinton. He won't bring unity, Republicans aren't going to go behind someone who's more liberal than Hillary Clinton. He has no experience, he hasn't even served a full term in the Senate, has spent most of his career in national politics running for President, and his attendance record is abysmal. And he lacks a true platform, hope, change and unity is not a platform. And when he does bring an idea up they're really, really, bad (withdraw from Iraq but leave 5,000 troops, support for inefficient American corn ethanol, universal health care especially in a time of deficits in a nation of 300+ million people).

Clinton lacks the charm of her husband and comes off as a frigid ice b***h. She has no true experience, she's done nothing significant in her one and a half terms as Senator, and when she tried to be somewhat important as First Lady with health care it blew up in her face. What Obama says is true, she'll say anything to get elected. And the only reason why she has a nationally political career is because of her husband. I'm truely ashamed to have her as my state's Senator.

You can prop up both of their voting record side by side.And they are almost identical with their up or down vote -
http://www.vote-smart.org/

Except when it comes to some of the things Hilldawg did vote yes on like ,..The patriot act,and the use of military force against Iraq

So, because she has problems in her history that the Republicans might attack, that voids her chances of winning the Democratic nomination?

What about Barrack Hussein Obama? Do you think Christian Conservatives are going to be easy on him? The amount of dirt they can throw at him far exceeds what they can throw at her-- whether that dirt is true or not. At least she knows how to defend herself. And not only does she know how to defend herself, she knows how to address voter concerns before the attacks can come flying in. Barack Obama just stands there, talking in circles, without actually addressing the attacks.

"But Obama is teh change candidate. What attacks could those be???//!1!" His past drug use, dealings with Tony Rezko, the false attacks claiming he's a Muslim... he's got a lot more on his plate to deal with than his supporters think.

Past drug use
Obama - admitted use as a young person in his book
B. Clinton - lied; H. Clinton - will not answer

Muslim
Obama - nope....get your facts straight
H. Clinton - never goes near a church unless it's reelection time in NY

You like who you like.......I don't trust her

Past drug use
Obama - admitted in his book

I actually don't blame her for that. Its such a non-issue its not even funny. Obama is flaunting it with the younger crowds like a badge of honor and using it to show how "honest" he is. Other politicans will use it as an excuse to chastize him with middle America. It has become such a ridiculous political card its not even funny.

Muslim

Haha, thats the truth :up:

I'd like to see Obama vs. anybody but I think it's going to be Clinton vs. McCain.:csad:
:woot: Hey, Sup. Nah.....Hillary done

BTW, Karl Rove has pleged to help whomever wins the Rep nom. to beat the Dems

Past drug use
Obama - admitted use as a young person in his book

The problem is, Obama flaunted his drug use in Dreams of My Father. I own the book, I've read the book, and as someone who loved the prospect of Obama as a rising star, I actually absorbed it. When I got to the parts about him loving weed and cocaine, though, I found myself very turned off, and worried that this would come back to haunt him. Isn't it shocking that it is coming back to haunt him?

Bill Clinton lied. But Bill Clinton isn't running for President, is he?

Hillary Clinton hasn't been explicitly asked about it. But if we have to play the "my candidate does the most drugs" game, she was involved in a highly-publicized drinking game with Senator John McCain in 2005.

Muslim

I have my facts straight. I know he's a member of the United Church of Christ. But there's a sizable percentage of the United States who considers him a Muslim. That won't change, no matter what he says and does.

He also makes a huge deal about his father on the campaign trail. His father was a Muslim. And while his supporters will view that as the American dream come full circle, his detractors will jump on the Jihadist Express and declare him an associate of our foreign enemies.

Also, Fox News has time and time again referred to him by his full name-- Barack Hussein Obama-- in what I feel is an effort to associate him with Saddam Hussein or radical Islam.

Hmmm. That's why she's been going to church when she's in Washington, since August 2006?

"But jmanspice, how do you know that? Do you, like, stalk her or something?"

Well, she happens to occasionally attend the United Methodist Church directly across the street from my campus (that may stop considering that very same campus held a rally for a certain Barack Obama today). I attended services a few months ago when I found out she was there. Got a chance to meet her for the first time, too.

Fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"