2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron: 23/8/4/2, 7-11, 3-4, 6-7 FTs....first half

holy crap

What's up with all these fouls in this MIA/OKC game? This is crazy. Let them play geez.

15-0 start against the lakers! Lol

You say that as if that's hard to do or something. :o

What's up with all these fouls in this MIA/OKC game? This is crazy. Let them play geez.

I don't know but everytime I catch a Thunder game Durant and Westbrook always have an insane amount of free throws. It's annoying.

Durant is the biggest ****ing poser.

Poser how?

Does he like, claim to be into Death metal but doesn't even know who Cannibal Corpse is? Like, he only claims that cuz he once bought this wicked Opeth T-Shirt at Hot Topic?

LeGod was at it again (39 points with 12 rebounds and 7 assists).

Boshzilla made an appearance too.

I like Durant and Westbrook. They're incredibly talented, but man, oh man... The Thunder act like spoiled, whiny brats. Ibaka and Collison were talking garbage about Miami pre-game yet they never reinforced their talk tonight -- complete non-factors. Get the hell outta here with that ***. :funny:

At any rate, LeBron keeps proving why he's the best overall player in NBA history. :up:

KD with another fraudulent 40 point game.
He came alive in the 4th but it was too late.

I'm more surprised that he didn't break his hand when he slapped the floor, I think he got a T for that. He also hit the deck pretty hard too and :whatever: at the crowd screaming like it was a foul. It was an awkward jump in traffic and he didn't stick the landing.

OKC ain't going back to the finals. Harden not playing pg in the fourth is going to come back and bite them. Westbrook is a headcase and lately he and Durant have been so fragile and snapping about the most minor things. Makes you wonder is something going on behind the scenes.

OKC ain't going back to the finals. Harden not playing pg in the fourth is going to come back and bite them. Westbrook is a headcase and lately he and Durant have been so fragile and snapping about the most minor things. Makes you wonder is something going on behind the scenes.
I totally agree with this. The only reason they won against San Antonio last year was because they had Harden. The Spurs are even better this year and the Thunder are without Harden.

I can honestly say that OKC is the most fraudulent team in the league. You know it's bad when they can't even play on the level at their own stadium against the Heat.

I totally agree with this. The only reason they won against San Antonio last year was because they had Harden. The Spurs are even better this year and the Thunder are without Harden.
I'll never forget that dagger Harden :BA hit against the Spurs last year. That shot was sick and probably the best play of the 2012 playoffs.

Miami is just a terrible matchup for them. Miami struggles against teams with size and that can pound it inside, OKC has no one that they can dump it in to. And Miami has enough athleticism to guard Westbrook and Durant, and it seems like Ibaka/Perkins/Collison get owned by Bosh every single time.

Trade Deadline Madness in 5, 4, 3...

I think Steven A. Smith said it best:

"The fact of the matter is Harden is a superstar, and OKC traded him away. That was a hugggeeeee mistake by The Thunder. I'm not sayin' Durant and Westbrook are never going to win a title together (cuz I think they will at some point down the road -- they're too damn talented) but I honestly believe in my heart that this move ultimately cost Oklahoma City multiple NBA Finals appearances and titles."

Miami is just a terrible matchup for them. Miami struggles against teams with size and that can pound it inside, OKC has no one that they can dump it in to. And Miami has enough athleticism to guard Westbrook and Durant, and it seems like Ibaka/Perkins/Collison get owned by Bosh every single time.

Exactly. Even with Harden, Miami excels at perimeter defense because of their speed. Like they were saying on the broadcast tonight, the best way to attack that, besides having size in the paint, is to beat them with the pass THEN penetration.

They cover ground so quick you have to force them to make multiple shifts continuously within the same possession. All Durant & Westbrook were doing is isolation, which plays right into Miami's hands. They need to sit Perkins or Ibaka, bottom line.

Either way, I'm hoping the Thunder don't make it past the Spurs/Clippers because the Finals would just be yet another massacre.

I think Steven A. Smith said it best:

"The fact of the matter is Harden is a superstar, and OKC traded him away. That was a hugggeeeee mistake by The Thunder. I'm not sayin' Durant and Westbrook are never going to win a title together (cuz I think they will at some point down the road -- they're too damn talented) but I honestly believe in my heart that this move ultimately cost Oklahoma City multiple NBA Finals appearances and titles."

Agreed x1000.

I have no idea why they kept Ibaka instead. He hasn't even slightly improved his game since entering the league. Hes just not....that good.

He's a shot blocker and they felt Martin could replace Harden but they will miss his pg playing ability more than anything else. They really need a low post player. Maybe Serge can train with Akeem this off season.

Agreed x1000.

I have no idea why they kept Ibaka instead. He hasn't even slightly improved his game since entering the league. Hes just not....that good.
This isn't true. He's improved his game immensely from last year. He's not consistently knocking down jumpers and he's probably their best defensive player and one of their best rebounders. I guess ownership thought Ibaka's frontcourt prowess and potential was more valuable than Harden's skill set to the team.

But yes, Kobe said it best: the Thunder aren't winning a title without a low post player.

All star weekend is sooooo overrated. :dry:
It was awesome 10-15 years ago when you had people like T-Mac, Carter and Richaerdson doing crazy dunks on their own, but now it's become much more gimmicky and players need to rely on tricks and props since everything else has already been done.

There was a lot of talk about why Lebron hasn't been in a dunk contest and I think it has a lot more to do with the fact that its not as serious and meaningful as it was in the past, as opposed to him being scared or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"