2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spurs are ridiculous. Better yet, Pop is ridiculous. I'd give all the hair in Darthphere's new age afro for that man to coach Miami.

The Spurs are ridiculous. Better yet, Pop is ridiculous. I'd give all the hair in Darthphere's new age afro for that man to coach Miami.

Pop and the Spurs are lucky to have one another. Top to bottom the best run organization in the NBA for the past decade. There's just no fat there; no incompetence at any level.

Aren't they designed to wick away sweat faster, cause only other advantage would be less drag I guess.
I could see someone like Dirk Nowitzki really enjoying those jerseys since he's always tugging at his jersey during games. But other than that I don't see how they can actually be more comfortable than normal jerseys.

Next up are advertisements on jerseys. :up:

:doh:

Do the Warriors even sell enough jerseys to warrant this?

If they keep winning and wind up surprising someone in the playoffs, I think they will.

Pop and the Spurs are lucky to have one another.

True. I actually don't think Pop's style would work as long with too many other teams in the league. Besides Timmy, Parker & those guys naturally having the type of personality that's more conducive to his brand of coaching, the market helps too. There was no real "identity" or rich tradition to San Antonio Spurs basketball that Pop had to fit into, he's creating that now. I liken it to Jerry Sloan & Utah during his 90s tenure there. The right mix of player type, market & coaching and you'll see that consistency.

BC26WmaCcAIQKtF.jpg:small

Dear god... What DAFUQ??

When did Esquire take over the NBA?

:dry:

the warriors will wear those in what would be called "the pajama game"

Dwight leaving LA is showing Kobe. If he leaves, no way does Kobe come close to winning another ring unless he's traded. And with Dantoni there, I don't blame Dwight at all.

I don't see Howard winning a ring without Kobe either. Heat and Thunder are too good right now. I bet that if no team that has a legit championship shot wants Howard that he would rather stay in LA than go to some random team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Also I don't have a problem with Kobe talking about Howard needing to play even if he is injuried. Howard is saying he wants to play in the all-star game. Ok so he says he don't know if he will be able to handle the regular season but you bet he wants to be in the all-star game. At this point Kobe can say whatever he wants if you ask me.

NBA's gone hipster.....deal with it b***hes. :o

I don't see Howard winning a ring without Kobe either. Heat and Thunder are too good right now. I bet that if no team that has a legit championship shot wants Howard that he would rather stay in LA than go to some random team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Also I don't have a problem with Kobe talking about Howard needing to play even if he is injuried. Howard is saying he wants to play in the all-star game. Ok so he says he don't know if he will be able to handle the regular season but you bet he wants to be in the all-star game. At this point Kobe can say whatever he wants if you ask me.

What makes you say that? He was the main option on a legitimate contender just a few years ago despite the fact that that team had to burden the weight of what was then the two worst contracts in the NBA.

Why couldn't you see him winning a ring outside of this trainwreck of a team?

:barf:

In other news, LeBron is amazing. He will now be known as LeGod. 30 points on 70% shooting average these last couple of games is utter insanity.

LOL at the NBA hyping up the "bad" blood between Houston and GS due to the "hard" foul at the end of the day. Man the league is soft today.

LeGod, Flash and Boshzilla killed it tonight. I'm so damn happy I decided to take the ticket off my co-worker's hands. :awesome:

Watching Dwight try to play "offense" is just painful to watch. He has no clue where to be on the floor for spacing and gets in the way of his own players. Dude expects to just walk up and dunk everytime.

Watching Dwight try to play "offense" is just painful to watch. He has no clue where to be on the floor for spacing and gets in the way of his own players. Dude expects to just walk up and dunk everytime.

Blame it on the coaching. Dantoni runs NO plays whatsoever. And it shows.

So, wow. Celtics lose 2 point guards to season ending ACL injuries in what? 2 weeks? That's insane.

LOL at the NBA hyping up the "bad" blood between Houston and GS due to the "hard" foul at the end of the day. Man the league is soft today.

NBA and NFL. Just the society we live in. Everything someone does is scrutinized and labeled offensive most the time. Give a hard foul and ESPN dissects it as a cheap shot or something personal. It's pretty pathetic. I play ball against my friends and if they going in for an easy layup and its a close game ill hit them hard. It's nothing personal. Just competition. I see big men like Tyson Chandler complain every damn time he gets touched. Like, what the hell you think a 6'5 guy is going to do against a 7 footer.

NBA and NFL. Just the society we live in. Everything someone does is scrutinized and labeled offensive most the time. Give a hard foul and ESPN dissects it as a cheap shot or something personal. It's pretty pathetic. I play ball against my friends and if they going in for an easy layup and its a close game ill hit them hard. It's nothing personal. Just competition. I see big men like Tyson Chandler complain every damn time he gets touched. Like, what the hell you think a 6'5 guy is going to do against a 7 footer.
Well, to be fair, you have seen Rondo take cheap shots at peopole bigger than him just because they fouled a teammate of his.

But let's be honest, if it wasn't for that hype, no one would even care about the Rockets/Warriors, so as stupid as it is, they're doing them a favor. :o

I don't think anyone cared about that game regardless. It was one of the most boring games ever. And Apocy is right. It seems the guys cry after every basket about a foul, knowing darn well the ref ain't going to blow a late whistle. It's just kind of hypocrisy for the NBA and NFL to glorify certain things then if something happens suspend the guy. Like Melo and KG. They WANTED something to happen between those two but yet they suspended Melo for a game before hand. You can't have it both ways.

And watching the Houston/GS game, you just realize how Linsanity needed NYC. He's been descent this year but you barely hear from him. If he put up those same numbers in NYC, he'd be starting in the All Star game.

:funny: @ Will Ferrell working security at the Laker game last night :up: He eventually "ejected" Shaq too. :hehe:
willferrellsecurity.jpg

I don't think anyone cared about that game regardless. It was one of the most boring games ever. And Apocy is right. It seems the guys cry after every basket about a foul, knowing darn well the ref ain't going to blow a late whistle. It's just kind of hypocrisy for the NBA and NFL to glorify certain things then if something happens suspend the guy. Like Melo and KG. They WANTED something to happen between those two but yet they suspended Melo for a game before hand. You can't have it both ways.

And watching the Houston/GS game, you just realize how Linsanity needed NYC. He's been descent this year but you barely hear from him. If he put up those same numbers in NYC, he'd be starting in the All Star game.
That's something I've never understood about both Basketball and Football, and even Baseball to some extent, which is when players whine about not getting a call and sometimes won't even get back on defense because they're too busy complaining. I don't think I've ever seen a ref change a call just because a player complained about it, yet the players still do and it bothers me because it reminds me of times when I've played in pick-up games where people would call their own fouls whenever they miss a shot. Although I've also seen a lot of elbowing and pushing from players who have the ball and it kind of makes me wonder why they rarely make calls on that.

As for Lin, I think he scored like 30 in that last Warriors game, and that was the first I heard from him in a while. I think the Harden trade pushed him out of the spotlight there. But to be fair, the reason he got big was because the Knicks were horrible last season and he gave them hope. But give Woodson some credit for turning that team around and becoming the quickest Knicks coach to win 50 games.

The Knicks may fall to the 5th spot, I'm calling it right now. They are getting killed on the boards but yet people are saying Melo is excelling at the four!? THEN they have the balls to play small ball and wonder why they are getting killed on the boards. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see why.

And if Lin was in NYC, and averaged 10, 3, 6, he'd be on every commercial. Which is why I said he may have gotten the contract but he's missing out on millions he would have earned in endorsements. His numbers are similar to what they were with the Knicks, possibly even stealing the ball more but yet you barely hear from the guy.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd see the day KD led the league in techs lol.

I love it when refs try to save a game with BS fouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"