2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in tax savings between waiving Miller or Joel Anthony was about $5.5M (15 vs. 9.5). I'd have happily rather seen Joel go... but I'm not writing the checks. I feel pretty good about James Jones or Rashard Lewis being able to pick up the slack there. I hope something is in play to move Anthony as per making an improvement. I doubt it though.

Miller says he's not interesting in retiring and wants to play for a contender. If he clears waivers, he's going to torment Miami in the playoffs and I'm going to die a little inside.

WE'RE SIGNING GREG ODEN YES

Them amnestying Miller only makes sense if they're planning on signing Oden. Mike Miller will be missed, but let's be honest, he wasn't exactly a game changer this year. 2012 Finals was an aberration. Still, always sucks to lose a reliable shooter like him. Maybe he'll resign with a lower contract?

That was a waste of an amnesty. He has actually been one of their best players in the Finals when Spo has the common sense to play him. C'mon Knicks! Grab him, but eh. He's probably going to retire now.

I don't think the Knicks have any money left to spend unless it's at the veteran minimum. If so, he'd could probably get a bit more somewhere else.

That was a waste of an amnesty. He has actually been one of their best players in the Finals when Spo has the common sense to play him. C'mon Knicks! Grab him, but eh. He's probably going to retire now.
No he wasn't not even close. He was okay for one game. Spo wa pretty much forced to use him because Battier couldn't buy a shot for the longest but when Battier isn't going through his cold stretchs he's way better than Miller. Miller can rebound and he tries on the defensive end but Battier just does way more little things. Like Mister J said Rashard Lewis or James Jones could give almost (key word almost) as much as Miller could give us with his role on the Heat.

He can't sign with the Heat for one full year.
Yeah forgot about that. :(

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/16/report-heat-resume-talks-with-greg-oden/

Come on Oden, do the right thing. Bring your talents down here to South Beach. >:]

Miller should retire. I love the guy but age is rapidly catching up with him. Either way, Miami fans should show Miller a ton of love. He had a magical Finals in 2012. :up:

Oden is likely signing with The Heat. It's only logical for him to resume his career with a squad that won't place too much pressure on him.

Only thing we need him to do is guard Hibbert. He can honestly hibernate up to the Eastern Conference Finals for all I care, as long as he's ready there. That's what his job basically boils down to this season: guard Hibbert. If he happens to start really developing and showing he's healthy enough to be the player he was projected to be then **** it they should put him in the starting line-up though. If that were to happen then this would be one of the biggest coup's in NBA history.

Miller should retire. I love the guy but age is rapidly catching up with him. Either way, Miami fans should show Miller a ton of love. He had a magical Finals in 2012. :up:

Lost in the shuffle is his contribution to Game 6 of these Finals as well. He didn't score a bunch of points but the ones he did were timely and crucial to helping turn the tide. And he grabbed a bunch of boards to help, on top of providing a general lift in energy also.

You guys might owe Ray Allen a huge debt of gratitude for sending it to OT, but perhaps he doesn't even get that opportunity if not for Mike Miller helping Lebron turn that game around in the first place...

Lost in the shuffle is his contribution to Game 6 of these Finals as well. He didn't score a bunch of points but the ones he did were timely and crucial to helping turn the tide. And he grabbed a bunch of boards to help, on top of providing a general lift in energy also.

You guys might owe Ray Allen a huge debt of gratitude for sending it to OT, but perhaps he doesn't even get that opportunity if not for Mike Miller helping Lebron turn that game around in the first place...

Miller has been outstanding at times with his perimeter shooting, and he undoubtedly deserves credit for saving The Heat's butts several times this season but I believe Pat Riley made a smart business decision in the end. Miller has been crouching into the playoffs these past two years and they've been mediocre to terrible in the rebound game. As a result, Bosh hasn't been properly utilized. If Oden is able to amass 10+ rebounds a game, it'll be worth the risk. Miami won't have to rely as much on perimeter shooting like they have in 2012 and 2013 to make up for the lack of rebounds.

I seriously doubt this came from Riley, particularly given recent statements (even considering 90% what comes out of a GM's mouth is horse****). This reads more like Arison feeling the expenditure here outweighs the benefit. Since he hasn't been cheap in the past, I'd imagine (hope) he rather conserve here, in what strikes as a luxury, to spend later when needed. Looking at the numbers, it's hard to fault him, even with Mike's noteworthy spots.

#NeverForget :csad:
[YT]Kq8JClcZAFM[/YT]
96hy5y.jpg

I seriously doubt this came from Riley, particularly given recent statements (even considering 90% what comes out of a GM's mouth is horse****). This reads more like Arison feeling the expenditure here outweighs the benefit. Since he hasn't been cheap in the past, I'd imagine (hope) he rather conserve here, in what strikes as a luxury, to spend later when needed. Looking at the numbers, it's hard to fault him, even with Mike's noteworthy spots.

#NeverForget :csad:
[YT]Kq8JClcZAFM[/YT]
96hy5y.jpg

You're right, bad choice of words. I'll just say the front office was behind this maneuver, and leave it at that. Regardless, when it's all said and done, Mike's contributions will overshadow anything Beasley has done for decades to come. Worst. Draft. Pick. Ever.

Other than Thabeet, of course.

Darko might have something to say about that.

When winning the Gatorade Athlete of the Year Award, Andrew Wiggins was asked which NBA team he would like to play for.

"I would like to say the Raptors, I want to play for them," said Wiggins.

Wiggins is expected to be the top overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

The Raptors were a late lottery team last season.

Wiggins was born in Toronto.

first person ever to make such a statement regarding the raptors. :funny:

Too bad the Raptors are focused on being the 8th seed in the East and getting swept.

^^^^^^^^LMAO

He looks disgusted with himself that he's with them.

Happy birthday to my favorite NBA player ever.

[YT]T26g0HOmYdQ[/YT]

Also, in other news, the Magic sign Jason Maxiell. :dry::dry:

I hate Nelly

But damn I like him now, throwing truth bombs on ESPN's ass :lmao::lmao::lmao:

[YT]g2ahdBx5ie4[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"