2013/2014 NFL Thread: The place to get Hernandez'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Patriots! They can make another Super Bowl run if they can stay healthy. They also need to fix the secondary asap as well as draft/FA a vertical deep threat. Starting to think since they picked up TE Jake Ballard from the Giants last year, they will have him as a blocker and have Gronk act as a vertical Deep Threat WR instead. You know Lloyd ain't doin much, he catches the ball, then falls down.

The Niners will be back in the SB next year.

:yay:

I don't see how they can since the Vikings will be there next year

The Niners will be back in the SB next year.

:yay:

I disagree. The 49ers are gonna have to deal with the emergence of the Seahawks. On that note, The Rams, themselves, could a surprise team next season too. Keep in mind as well the NFC is the most stacked conference in the NFL these days. The Packers and Falcons will be the toughest tests for the Niners now that they'll have schemes for Kaepernick. The Saints, Giants and Bears will likely return to the playoffs this season.

I don't see how they can since the Vikings will be there next year
True statement!

I really think we have a real shot if Ponder can be more consistent next year. And in the direction of those great games, not the 'fewer-than-70-yards-passing' fiasco we had in the middle of the year. :doh:

You're reminding me of the poster Excel after Super Bowl XlII.

It was the whole clock management after the Giants converted on 4th and 1 and the time it took to measure.

As if I needed more proof that the NFL is letting the Ravens play by another set of rules:

Cary Williams not fined for pushing official in the Super Bowl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fined-for-pushing-official-in-the-super-bowl/

So Frank Gore gets fined $10,500 for his socks being too low, but pushing a ref is just dandy. Nice logic, Goodell. :doh::doh::doh:

Hahahahahaha you had no proof to begin with.

it looked to me like it was on accident. He was just pushing the guy who tried to take him off and it happened to be a ref.

Hahahahahaha you had no proof to begin with.

it looked to me like it was on accident. He was just pushing the guy who tried to take him off and it happened to be a ref.

The rulebook states that any player who makes contact with a ref is fined. It's the player's job to avoid the refs. Case in point: Jerome Boogar gets much less contact from Cam Newton, resulting in a $21,000 fine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118127/article/cam-newton-fined-21k-by-nfl-for-bumping-official

Obviously, now there are normal rules and Raven rules. The NFL is too cowardly to admit that the refs screwed up royally, so they are ignoring their own stated protocols.

Always love seeing fans of the losing team ***** about blown calls and bad officiating.

Much like Super Bowl 40 when Roethlisberger scored a TD and Seahawks fans cried foul.

[YT]N93VaUytd4w[/YT]

Or the Super Bowl 42 "Clock" controversy.

[YT]FlucdnU1Lbc#![/YT]

There's always going to be some play or series of events that fans get to complain about. Has anybody really gone through and looked to see if the Niners commited any penalties during the second half that resulted in a comeback? Has anybody gone back to see if the 49ers commited any penalties in the NFC Championship game that resulted in a trip to the Super Bowl? The divison title? I'm sure we could go back and find calls that helped them during the season. If I remember correctly, the Seahawks won a game on a bad call early in the season in which resulted in a Packers loss. That loss gave the Niners a first round bye.

Bad calls happen in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Some get called, others don't. Some benefit you, others don't. It's seriously time to move on.

Last edited:
Well you did have a ref state he felt he altered the game in Super Bowl XL.

The rulebook states that any player who makes contact with a ref is fined. It's the player's job to avoid the refs. Case in point: Jerome Boogar gets much less contact from Cam Newton, resulting in a $21,000 fine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118127/article/cam-newton-fined-21k-by-nfl-for-bumping-official

Obviously, now there are normal rules and Raven rules. The NFL is too cowardly to admit that the refs screwed up royally, so they are ignoring their own stated protocols.

Hahahahaha no just no. The refs didn't screw anything up. Quit blaming the refs just because someone forgot to tell the 49ers show up. They are lucky that the power went out or else they would have been trounced 50-6. So just stop.

Redskins are going to be the Lions of this year. Great last season, new season, back to reality. Calling it now.

Thanks, I'll save that for the 2017 HOF induction. RayLew is going to need one of these. I'll save everyone the trouble of watching the ceremony. Just imagine this with a beard and a better pair of shoulders:

tumblr_m6w7vd4BEQ1rar3t5o1_500_zpsd9176a48.gif

There's always going to be some play or series of events that fans get to complain about. Has anybody really gone through and looked to see if the Niners commited any penalties during the second half that resulted in a comeback? Has anybody gone back to see if the 49ers commited any penalties in the NFC Championship game that resulted in a trip to the Super Bowl? The divison title? I'm sure we could go back and find calls that helped them during the season. If I remember correctly, the Seahawks won a game on a bad call early in the season in which resulted in a Packers loss. That loss gave the Niners a first round bye.

Bad calls happen in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Some get called, others don't. Some benefit you, others don't. It's seriously time to move on.

A bad call is to be expected, but sometimes it's clear to see that the NFL had an agenda. It's not like I'm the only one who saw that the refs were told to keep their flags in their pants. Lots of sportswriters including Peter King (see sig) and Skip Bayless saw the monumentally bad job the refs did. Unfortunately for the Niners, that agenda resulted in the Ravens being gifted 2 TDs, the Niners being robbed of scoring opportunities, and multiple personal fouls on the Ravens going unchecked. A lawless game is a tainted game.

So....the NFL and Roger Goddell don't like the 49ers?

Last edited:
I really don't think 49ers can say they were going to lose from the start cause the refs wanted the Ravens to win. There were calls not given to the 49ers just as well. When people complain about the refs I ask them would they of rather used the replacement refs? Like I said there would be more people crying foul if the 49ers won due to the black out than with the Ravens win.

A bad call is to be expected, but sometimes it's clear to see that the NFL had an agenda. It's not like I'm the only one who saw that the refs were told to keep their flags in their pants. Lots of sportswriters including Peter King (see sig) and Skip Bayless saw the monumentally bad job the refs did. Unfortunately for the Niners, that agenda resulted in the Ravens being gifted 2 TDs, the Niners being robbed of scoring opportunities, and multiple personal fouls on the Ravens going unchecked. A lawless game is a tainted game.

Yes, because the NFL told the 49ers they had to pass the ball 3 times on their last possesion while at Baltimore's 5 yard line with 2 minutes to go. The 49ers could have easily ran the ball in for a TD. There was PLENTY of time on the clock. Frank Gore rushed the ball 4 times in the 4th quarter. ALL of those rushes were over 5 yards or more. The 49ers have nobody to blame but themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"