2013/2014 NFL Thread: The place to get Hernandez'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they'll be number one again this year. Tampa lost their plug (NT Miller) and best pass rusher (DE Bennett) to free agency. Both were big pieces against the run. Other than David, they're already thin at LB too.

Cam and our three-headed dragon is going to wreck that defense now. :woot:

Ahhh, true. I hope that Cam and crew can go ham this year. Hopefully they can at least get 2nd place in the division.

So, the draft begins in a couple of days. Anyone else got user-made mocks?

R1 (#17) Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
R2 (#48) Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
R3 (#79) Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
R4 (#115) Brian Schwenke, G, California
R5 (#146) Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
R6 (#186) Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
R6 (#206, Compensatory) Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn. State
R7 (#223) Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland

-I don't see the Steelers getting an OLB in the higher rounds, considering how vocal they seem to be over their support of Jason Worilds. I also don't want them to even think about drafting Cordarrelle Patterson.
-If Kenny Vaccaro isn't there, I hope they trade down and target Eric Reid later on. The Vikings and Falcons are apparently on-record as wanting to move up, so they could be perfect targets.
-If Warmack or Cooper falls to 17, which I think at least one will, I fully expect the Steelers to grab one of them. And if Lacy is there in the second round, which I doubt will happen, I would really like to see the Steelers go after him.

So, the draft begins in a couple of days. Anyone else got user-made mocks?

R1 (#17) Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
R2 (#48) Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
R3 (#79) Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
R4 (#115) Brian Schwenke, G, California
R5 (#146) Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
R6 (#186) Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
R6 (#206, Compensatory) Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn. State
R7 (#223) Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland

-I don't see the Steelers getting an OLB in the higher rounds, considering how vocal they seem to be over their support of Jason Worilds. I also don't want them to even think about drafting Cordarrelle Patterson.
-If Kenny Vaccaro isn't there, I hope they trade down and target Eric Reid later on. The Vikings and Falcons are apparently on-record as wanting to move up, so they could be perfect targets.
-If Warmack or Cooper falls to 17, which I think at least one will, I fully expect the Steelers to grab one of them. And if Lacy is there in the second round, which I doubt will happen, I would really like to see the Steelers go after him.

This is going to be one of the most least predictable drafts in a long time.

Everyone is on level play for the most part and also that is why I think NFL draft is the best draft out of all sports. Gamechangers can be had in any round

Looking at the Giants roster, on the offensive side, I think they are pretty good. They were like 5th in scoring. They do need to draft a replacement for Diel. DJ Fluker could push Diel to the inside.

A lot of other analysts are picking Olgetree and I've heard T'eo and I think Kiper picked CB Desmond Trufant. I think this draft is deep in CBs so I think they could hold out on to the 2nd round if they need to draft someone there.

I know the Giants usually pick the best player on the board, but I'd like them to shore up that OL, get another pass rusher, middle linebacker and another CB.

I will start a draft thread tomorrow. No sense giving Thread Bot any more ammo, by loading up this one with draft talk.

i dont get it.

The past four years, the Eagles have opened up against the eventual Super Bowl winners. This year they open up against the Redskins.

Everyone is on level play for the most part and also that is why I think NFL draft is the best draft out of all sports. Gamechangers can be had in any round

I agree. But, it's fun to mock nonetheless. I think this is the year the trades start wildly flying in.

Ahhh, true. I hope that Cam and crew can go ham this year. Hopefully they can at least get 2nd place in the division.

I hope so. The Saint and Falcon defenses are quite mortal against the run and pass. All Shula has to do is avoid getting cute and predictable like Chud did and we'll be okay.

Unless you have GMs who can't draft. :cough: JJ :cough:

cant wait to see if my 49ers trade up

we need a de
wr
te

cmon balke make it happen

Last edited:
I'm late to the party on this one, but I'm ecstatic about the Revis trade! I feel a lot more confident in our defense with him, Goldson, and a developing Barron in the backfield. Getting rid of Bennet was a huge mistake, but all in all we've had another year with solid off-season moves.

With the DBs we have now, if we can manage to develop a competent pass rush the D will be one hell of a threat next season. Keeping my fingers crossed.

733778_565434050168033_2080844737_n.jpg

Was watching NFL network on biggest draft stories and how NY Jets fans were so excited for Sanchez before showing the "buttfumble" and how every Jet fan in 1983 thought they were getting Marino and got Ken O'Brien.

Another thing I never noticed was Roethlisberger's possibly agent? making snide remarks about Eli either being picked 1st or being traded to the Giants.

Okay, so now is as good of a time as ever. Who is everyone's pre-draft, on-paper Super Bowl teams?

I'm gonna go with Falcons and Texans.

We'll see if that changes post-draft.

New Orleans and Denver

With Sean Payton back, they're going to be better. Plus, with all the suspensions and controversy that took place over the past year, I think Brees and Payton are gonna have a fire lit in their eyes.

New Orleans and Denver

With Sean Payton back, they're going to be better. Plus, with all the suspensions and controversy that took place over the past year, I think Brees and Payton are gonna have a fire lit in their eyes.

True. I'll take Denver over Houston, too. I forgot about Denver's upgrade, but I still think the Falcons have the leg up over the Saints.

Okay, so now is as good of a time as ever. Who is everyone's pre-draft, on-paper Super Bowl teams?

I'm gonna go with Falcons and Texans.

We'll see if that changes post-draft.

Falcons and Texans? Not a chance.

In the NFC, it'll come down to Packers, Seahawks or 49ers. In the AFC, I foresee the Broncos, Patriots or Bengals.

True. I'll take Denver over Houston, too. I forgot about Denver's upgrade, but I still think the Falcons have the leg up over the Saints.

I might be going a little overboard with the Saints here, but they'll be a lot better than they were last year. I like the Falcons, but they just can't seem to get over that hump that's plagued them over the years.

This is what I love about the NFC. There's really no favorite untill the season plays out. The AFC over the past 10 years has always been a three team race(Patriots, Steelers and Colts). Thankfully that's starting to change.

Last edited:
Denver would have beat Baltimore last January if Manning didn't choke. The same thing will happen this year. If Manning doesn't choke, there is no reason why Denver shouldn't go to the Super Bowl.

Even with Peyton throwing a pick six, the Broncos's secondary gave up 3 deep passes for TDs from Baltimore's side of the field.

What's the line between someone "choking", and the other team just being better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"