2018 SHH Hype Awards Ceremony Thread

Next award is for those that may not always be the most loved or the most popular people on the board, but they give time to the community each and every day. Moderator of the Year.

And the nominees are...

@C. Lee
@flickchick85
@Spider-Fan

And the winner is...

View attachment 19581

@Spider-Fan

Once again, this leaves me speechless. This can be a thanks less job at times, but you guys are worth it and I am glad you think I do a good job. Thank you :)

Congratulations!!![/spoiler]
giphy.gif

You definitely earned that one, SF! Congratulations!!!

That brings us to the final award of the night. You guys asked for a Poster of the Year award, and I gave it to you. This award was entirely done with blind voting, so I am listing the top vote getters before revealing the winner.

And the nominees are...

@Iceman
@KRYPTON INC.
@Schlosser85
@Spider-Fan

And the winner is...

Poster 2018.jpg

@Spider-Fan

I bet I hear RIGGED VOTING on this one, but I was as shocked as anyone, LOL! But this is again, a great honor. I have never won multiple awards in a year, so winning as many as I have this year is a complete shock. So again, thank ya'll. You guys are awesome :)

Congratulations to all our winners!!! This was my first time hosting, and it was fun. Thank you guys for making this fun, thank you for voting, and let's do this again next year!!!!

So wonderful! I don’t care if you did rig it - you deserve the award regardless! Congratulations to all the winners - and thank you too! I can’t believe I had the honor to be here with you! Being among such excellent company is a reward in and of itself: thank you so much!

That brings us to the final award of the night. You guys asked for a Poster of the Year award, and I gave it to you. This award was entirely done with blind voting, so I am listing the top vote getters before revealing the winner.

And the nominees are...

@Iceman
@KRYPTON INC.
@Schlosser85
@Spider-Fan

And the winner is...

View attachment 19583

@Spider-Fan

I bet I hear RIGGED VOTING on this one, but I was as shocked as anyone, LOL! But this is again, a great honor. I have never won multiple awards in a year, so winning as many as I have this year is a complete shock. So again, thank ya'll. You guys are awesome :)

Congratulations to all our winners!!! This was my first time hosting, and it was fun. Thank you guys for making this fun, thank you for voting, and let's do this again next year!!!!
Not rigged at all, my friend! We all know it was totally earned, as were all your wins tonight.

Thanks to everybody who voted for me, congrats to all the winners, and a HUGE thank you to @Spider-Fan for taking up hosting duties and for running such a smooth ship!

Time to get drunk!

Not rigged at all, my friend! We all know it was totally earned, as were all your wins tonight.

Thanks to everybody who voted for me, congrats to all the winners, and a HUGE thank you to @Spider-Fan for taking up hosting duties and for running such a smooth ship!

Time to get drunk!

Likewise :word:

And hosting this year was my pleasure :up:

My congratulations are rigged. :oldrazz:

Since I claimed at least one of the two awards I wanted, I call this something to celebrate. But I'll apply a lesson I took from Grandia and Chrono Cross about the perfect win and the lesser victory.

So, we honored hate. Let us be fair and honor love with Pair of the Year. What would Batman be without Robin? Well, considering they all hate him in the end, probably happier. But that's not the point!!!!

And the nominees are...

2018 Pair of the Year
@Da-Scribe & @Black Narcissus
@DarthSkywalker & @Sithborg
@Elektra1 & @Pink Ranger
@flickchick85 & @Reek
@Reek & @KRYPTON INC.

And our winning dynamic duo is...

Congratulations!!!

yay for FLEEK!

2018 Comics Poster of the Year
@Babillygunn
@Milk Tray Guy
@MMMMM...Pancakes

And the winner is....

Congratulations!!!!

Wow, I won?! Thank you and a big thank you to those who voted for me! :)

@THORin and @Spider-Aziz thank you for those kind words! :)

And a huge congrats to;

@THORin, @Spider-Aziz, @flickchick85, @RetrogradeOrbit, @Kahran Ramsus, @Pink Ranger, @C. Lee, @Reek, @KRYPTON INC., @Schlosser85, @Hunter Rider, @Themanofbat, @Iceman, @X Knight, @terry78, @Sawyer, @Blitzkrieg, @Infinity9999x, @harlequinade, @Spider-Fan, @Daisy, @Toven,

on your (sometimes multiple!) wins! :applaud:applaud:applaud

@Spider-Fan a huge congrats to you on a fantastic job from beginning to end (not just saying that because I won one!) :) :applaud:up:

Alright. So looks like I have time to check out the SHHype Awards to... Ugh!! I gotta call that chick to remind her to drop that thing off today.

Ugh!! Chick is dodging me or something. She texted me last night she would be able to do this today. Guess I'll take a bus to Bay Ridge and see what's up.

Okay. Home. Check out the Hype and... Punisher Season 2 started? I better get on that ASAP.

Pretty good start to the season. Ep two is good as well... Oh crap! I gotta give those clothes to that other chick! I forgot! Okay, pause Punisher. Run that over fast and get back into it.

Whew. Alright time to... Jeez, it's getting late. Gonna have to get ready for work. Shower etc. Now off to the subway... Feels like I've forgotten something...?

THE HYPE AWARDS!!

giphy.gif

Am I... Am I late?

(Reads through entire thread)

Yeah... I'm pretty late.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to Spider-Fan for going out of his way to organize this and keep us involved and informed. It's a silly little thing, but I'm starting to think the Hype Forums NEEDS some things to bind us together more than stuff that tears us apart.

If I have to say something about my win as poster in the Political section it would be... "My bad."

For real. I don't want to come to the Hype and get mired in Political talk but... I can't help myself and as with so many people it's easy to slide into "rhetorical combat mode" give the target rich environment we currently are living in in terms of news and events. If people actually consider anything I post on the issues of policy and politics as having any merit at all, I am appreciative.

Once more a tip of the hat to all the winners, and nominees. These sorts of places online are operating under the premise of the users being in some form a community. These awards spotlight posters that make the effort to be involved in more than just drive by opinion peddling.

Thanks again and NEXT year, I promise to be on time. Now I'm gonna go check out the after parties but first slip out of this tux. Don't want to lose my deposit.

NSHW.gif

Alright. So looks like I have time to check out the SHHype Awards to... Ugh!! I gotta call that chick to remind her to drop that thing off today.

Ugh!! Chick is dodging me or something. She texted me last night she would be able to do this today. Guess I'll take a bus to Bay Ridge and see what's up.

Okay. Home. Check out the Hype and... Punisher Season 2 started? I better get on that ASAP.

Pretty good start to the season. Ep two is good as well... Oh crap! I gotta give those clothes to that other chick! I forgot! Okay, pause Punisher. Run that over fast and get back into it.

Whew. Alright time to... Jeez, it's getting late. Gonna have to get ready for work. Shower etc. Now off to the subway... Feels like I've forgotten something...?

THE HYPE AWARDS!!

giphy.gif

Am I... Am I late?

(Reads through entire thread)

Yeah... I'm pretty late.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to Spider-Fan for going out of his way to organize this and keep us involved and informed. It's a silly little thing, but I'm starting to think the Hype Forums NEEDS some things to bind us together more than stuff that tears us apart.

If I have to say something about my win as poster in the Political section it would be... "My bad."

For real. I don't want to come to the Hype and get mired in Political talk but... I can't help myself and as with so many people it's easy to slide into "rhetorical combat mode" give the target rich environment we currently are living in in terms of news and events. If people actually consider anything I post on the issues of policy and politics as having any merit at all, I am appreciative.

Once more a tip of the hat to all the winners, and nominees. These sorts of places online are operating under the premise of the users being in some form a community. These awards spotlight posters that make the effort to be involved in more than just drive by opinion peddling.

Thanks again and NEXT year, I promise to be on time. Now I'm gonna go check out the after parties but first slip out of this tux. Don't want to lose my deposit.

NSHW.gif

Lol, your easy ability to write stuff like this is exactly why you won! I have literally never seen someone so eloquent: you would make a wonderful politician, you know - you’re real, honest, and your words are powerfully persuasive. You completely deserve that award.

Lol, your easy ability to write stuff like this is exactly why you won! I have literally never seen someone so eloquent: you would make a wonderful politician, you know - you’re real, honest, and your words are powerfully persuasive. You completely deserve that award.

Okay... So like I told @RetrogradeOrbit a few months back... When I rise to a powerful and high political office I promise to crush you utterly and completely second. Again... Retro got there first and you gotta do things in order, am I right?

Okay... So like I told @RetrogradeOrbit a few months back... When I rise to a powerful and high political office I promise to crush you utterly and completely second. Again... Retro got there first and you gotta do things in order, am I right?

It’s only fair. And if you phrase it like that, then being crushed utterly and completely doesn’t sound half bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"