24: Live Another Day - Part 2

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/24-eyes-return-as-limited-series-on-fox-kiefer-sutherland-in-talks/
’24′ Eyes Return As Limited Series On Fox, Howard Gordon To EP, Kiefer Sutherland In Talks To Star
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

The clock may start ticking again on Fox. I’ve learned that the network is looking to bring back its signature real-time drama 24 as a limited series. Kiefer Sutherland is in talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Agent Jack Bauer. No deals are in place, but Fox is eying 24 as part of its recent push in limited event series. Since 24 ended its eight-season run on Fox in 2010, there have been efforts to continue the story as a feature, which ultimately didn’t take off. I hear the idea to do another 24 chapter on TV came from longtime 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, now executive producer on Showtime’s Homeland. I hear he pitched the plan, which would start from scratch with a new story arc, to 24 producers 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV as well as Fox, which all jumped on board. Gordon will likely executive produce through his 20th TV-based company Teakwood Lane. In addition to Homeland, Gordon executive produces the newly picked up TNT series Legends and high-profile FX pilot Tyrant, which is being directed by Ang Lee.

Bauer at his best. Last 3 episodes are going to be crazy.

I can't wait to see how they finish off the remaining 3 episodes and how they incorporate the time jump the producers have been talking about to get a full 24-hour day.

I heard they scraped the time jump?

The latest episode can be summed up in one word....YOINK! :lmao:

I have to say I am getting the same bad feeling as quite a few of you about Chloe. :(

I have to say I am getting the same bad feeling as quite a few of you about Chloe. :(

It would be one hell of a downer for a season ender. Especially without having to resort to handing Jack over to the Russians & I am still waiting to see their reactions on Jacks Presidential Pardon

Last edited:
I'll be very sad/disappointed if they kill off Chloe. Jack has lost damn near everyone in his life he was close to and Chloe would just be overkill. I know this show was never about happy endings but I think these characters deserve some sort of peace. Killing Chloe is just going to make Jack an even darker character and at this point I don't think Jack can get much darker than he is.

As much as I love this season so far, if they kill off Chloe I'm just going to pretend the series finale is the actual finale for these characters. :(

Wouldn't Chloe need a presidential pardon also? I cannot imagine Jack accepting one if his main collaborator was not also granted one!

Jack never mentioned Chloe after Heller told him he got one. So I am guessing Chloe won't be getting one. Unless Jack asks Heller for one for Chloe as well

The thing is over the past few eps the Chloe character has pretty become stagnant. Initially, when the season started we saw her in a different setting which took us out of the traditional Chloe supporting Jack via tech support scenerio but over the last ep or so they've returned her to the same old formula, which i might add, i found very boring..even if that is what she is known and loved for.

What else is there left for her character? Where can she go after this? All her loved ones are dead. She's basically back on the run…again, because Heller didn't pardon her, so…i say lets give her a great send off like past 24 characters….

…like the actor that played David Palmer said years ago in an interview, "...the only person that's safe on the show, is the guy on the poster" i.e Keifer….

I agree that Chloe's been stagnant over the past few eps but I don't think that's a reason to off her. That's one complaint I have about this show is thta seems to be the answer to any character the writers feel they don't know what to do with them. They don't have to get rid of her like that. There are other ways to retire a character.

Just watched the episode, and I'm pretty sure that window toss is my new favorite moment of the season. Still don't like the death fake-out, but that did a lot to make up for it, lol. :up:

^
I agree with a lot of what you said. I didn't like the fake out either, but man, that window toss was so satisfyingly over-the-top. I don't know how they are going to top that in the next two hours. Perhaps it would've been better to shorten the Al Harazi storyline to six or seven episodes and then delve into the second set of bad guys to give that storyline more room.

The camera sure lingered on the British Prime Minister's secretary/Chief of Staff a few times.

She's up to some kind of no good -- but with who?

She's the one who interfered and convinced the Prime Minister to send in MI5 when Jack was going after that arms dealer, directly contravening Heller's orders.

Noticed that as well.

Just watched the episode, and I'm pretty sure that window toss is my new favorite moment of the season. Still don't like the death fake-out, but that did a lot to make up for it, lol. :up:

that was the best kind of defenestration.

I just found out that the time jump will occur at the last episode, as it will cover the remaining 12 hours from 10pm - 11am.

They should have done the one hour per episode and make all 24 episodes.

Gotta be honest, I prefer the 12 hours too.

I just found out that the time jump will occur at the last episode, as it will cover the remaining 12 hours from 10pm - 11am.

They should have done the one hour per episode and make all 24 episodes.
It'll be interesting to see how that time jump works in a show that's never done that before. Hopefully it doesn't feel too disjointed and different from regular 24 episodes.

I bet it has something to do with 'getting back to the USA'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"