Dexter - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
something tells me laguerta is gonna try and pin bhb on the wrong morgan

I kind of got that feeling as well. Deb should have known how dumb it was to go do that. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't show much of Laguerta this week to be honest. I wanna see her putting pieces together and stuff a bit more

Loved the episode, the Louis thing was a bit anticlimactic but at least its over and it helped sell the whole brotherhood story as dangerous for realsies. Also loved how they are totally showing that at the end of the day its about killing and the high he gets off of it, Dexter can claim its about "great justice!" but he just wants to feel better about himself.

The new Dex Deb dynamic is really amazing, its a shame they didn't delve into all of this stuff sooner.

Dex would never let Deb take the fall for the BHB. lol, if thats the case, I hope LaGuerta knows how to live in the ocean.

I kind of got that feeling as well. Deb should have known how dumb it was to go do that. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't show much of Laguerta this week to be honest. I wanna see her putting pieces together and stuff a bit more
Im glad she's not featured more, GOD how I hate that woman :mad:

And are they just pretending like the whole "Deb is in love with Dex" story-line never happened lol. Thank god if they do

No they should continue with that. It seems like its completely dropped, we don't even see the psychiatrist anymore.

This season has shed a lot of the season 6 crap and the better off for it I say!

Im glad she's not featured more, GOD how I hate that woman :mad:

And are they just pretending like the whole "Deb is in love with Dex" story-line never happened lol. Thank god if they do

I dont know if its dropped just yet.
No they should continue with that. It seems like its completely dropped, we don't even see the psychiatrist anymore.

there needs to be more therapy scenes for sure...

and the lack of LaGuerta means there will be more LaGuerta. IMO, EVERYTHING except LaGuertas BHB stuff is there to throw us off of the 'real' end story. the series is ending...all 24 episodes will be connected i think.

Goddamn, tonight's episode was fantastic. The Deb/Dex thread is continuing to impress, and I want more Hanna and roid-rage Jigsaw! Good season is good.

Therapist lady led us into incest territory. I hope the therapist lost control of her car and drove off a cliff. :cmad:

Therapist lady led us into incest territory. I hope the therapist lost control of her car and drove off a cliff. :cmad:

Deb has to have a therapists. For f***s sake :woot::woot::woot:

another weird thing continuation wise... this season is directly after last season... where Deb is still supposed to be seeking therapy right?

and really... the ignoring of Harrison...and dex living else where is sadly stupid.

I don't see whats the big deal about it. It would add more to the new Deb/Dex dynamic and be more fun to watch. Considering how messed up Deb's relationships have gone it sort of fits.

Watching the episode again I can confidently say that the band playing at the end was Fear Factory. No idea as to the song but I know that band any where

200px-Moloch_the_god.gif

So I'm thinking, even though this weeks killer had the Minotaur's Labyrinth as his killing field he could've been a hint towards the Cult of Moloch from the books (See image of Moloch above).

If they adapt each killer from the book into a short arc for the next two seasons I would be over the moon.

Yea it definitely seemed like they were referencing something from the books with that part. I thought that as soon as I saw the quick shots in the trailer. The bull helmet is a dead giveaway

for god sake keep Moloch and book 3 away from the tv series... you are joking right

Hasn't there been a couple different cults in the books? That's why I mentioned the brotherhood being cannibals cuz I thought I read somewhere one of the newer books had a cult of cannibals that always wore bull helmets. I may have my details mixed up though. I still hope at least one damn cannibal shows up on this show. Just one time damn it. I've been wanting to see Dexter's reaction to that for YEARS now. I wanna know what his narrating would sound like at the thought of eating somebody. Would totally make for an awesome story that's for sure.

i'm thinking they had an idea that louis would be something big at the end of season 6 and then when they started story boarding season 7, they decided to just end that arc because they had a ton of other stuff going on.

there are certain aspects of the books i would like to see... Moloch and the vampire cults are definitely some plots that need to stay the hell away from the tv series... right now, the series is on a roll, don't bring in some BS from the books (moloch)

it would be cool to introduce the cannibal stuff with this 'brotherhood', though i highly doubt it. Any book related stuff will be strictly Dex and Deb.

i'm thinking they had an idea that louis would be something big at the end of season 6 and then when they started story boarding season 7, they decided to just end that arc because they had a ton of other stuff going on.

i feel like season 5 and 6...plus the setup of season 7 could have been put into a certain amount of episodes. not the storylines, but the ideas.

s
And WTF is up with Dexter and blonde chicks. Rita, Lumen, now Hannah... the only other girl was Lila...black hair.... theres an obvious thing about this...

Can anyone give me a re cap for the last two episodes?

Seeing Strahovski made me want to watch "Chuck" again. :(

Anyhoo those little daydreams were fantastic. :D

Also loved how they are totally showing that at the end of the day its about killing and the high he gets off of it, Dexter can claim its about "great justice!" but he just wants to feel better about himself.

That's the main thing that made me stick with this series when I saw the first episode. I thought it was about a guy dealing out justice when I heard the premise, then I watched it and saw he was just as messed up as the people he puts on his table. I don't think Dexter has ever had any illusions about what he does, and that's why it pisses me when basically every season he's trying to be more normal. I'm so friggin' happy they're not going down that path again!

Last edited:
Am I the only one pissed Louis got offed? I felt like there was a lot more to his character. The serial killer game and the ITK hand....all of that just gone.

Not sure, if you watch the preview of the next episode carefully... potential spoiler because it's just a theory but...

it shows Ray Stevenson's character with his muscle-men closing in on Dexter's boat and a person with a striped sweater milling about on the boat. Then blood spattering on the boat. That sweater looks like something Louis would wear. I bet he gets killed trying to meddle more in Dexter's affairs, and if that is true then there won't be anything more to reveal about Louis in all likelihood. I like the idea he dies this way, but it would mean undermining his motives/his actions with the hand and leaving it without much explanation.

You nailed it. What an unsatisfactory way for the Louis saga to end. It was a really dope episode though. Love Deb getting on board with the code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"