Dexter - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of next weeks ep...looks intense.

I also like the Dex/Debra dynamic now..that she may be in love with him. Creepy i know, but it's interesting.

No way they'll actually have Deb be in love with Dexter, confused about her feelings yea cause shes got issues. It would be the most ballsy move since killing off Rita that's for sure.

I agree on what most of you have said already. This season is weak, but I think is because the 'villain' of the season is weak. We still have a lot of interesting things. Louis is surely becoming increasingly better as a character to start watching closely.
Like someone else said in the previous thread, when someone is after Dexter, that's one of the most interesting things to watch. (They killed RoboCop too early, that was an awesome character) .

I'm kinda surprised of the whole Debra/Dexter thing they showed in the latest episode. It caught me completely off guard. From a physicological point of view, I'm sure the shrink could be right. Those things happen. Like when a girl falls in love with her rapist, that kind of twisted stuff. It surprised me because I don't want those characters to get all weird with that revelation about Debra. At most, it'll be even more interesting to see what happens when she finds out about the true life of Dexter. But for now, I'm not really sure where are they going with all of this. Loved her reaction though.

Also, I think Dexter is becoming less and less cautious. If you start thinking about it too much, I'm sure there are plenty of plot holes where Dexter could've been caught already.

To be honest, I'm not that excited about the latest episode, I am, however, even more interested in the next season.

The whole Dexter sending a video message to Travis, is one of the biggest :doh: moments of the show. Its like Dexter isn't stupid but that's hard evidence right there.

The whole Dexter sending a video message to Travis, is one of the biggest :doh: moments of the show. Its like Dexter isn't stupid but that's hard evidence right there.
There's a few of those, like when he uses Travis's computer without gloves, or calls the cops on his cell phone not even disguising his voice, haha. I wonder if these things will come back to bite him in the ass, but probably not, because the show has a bunch on inconsistencies like that.

Ken-Kaniff said:
Well it's called development or evolution rather! Dexter became more "human" and I think that's a good thing for the show, also see his reactions when it comes to Harrison, it gets a smile on his face!

I can't lie, I loved Dexter back in the days, in Seasons 1-2 when he was more of a serial killer than ever, but I like the way he evolved, even it's just a bit. I think that his character staying 100% the same throughout 6 seasons (for example), would be really boring.

I like the idea of him becoming 100% normal in the end of this show!

Yeah, evolution is fine in TV. It's what makes Breaking Bad so great. But these writers do it with no conviction. The major changes in Dexter have come at the cost of contradicting the character by having him act a fantastical level of stupid. Dexter from season 1 might have gotten stale by now if they stuck to that formula but damn, I guarantee you I'd have a lot less to complain about.

I haven't seen this week's episode but I'm guessing just more of the same? lmao. They tread water way too much.

Yeah, evolution is fine in TV. It's what makes Breaking Bad so great.
Totally. It works for sitcoms and animated shows, but with series like Dexter, they need to take advantage of their running time.
Networks often think that it makes them lose viewers, to serialize the episodes that much, as oposed to having them more stand-alone. Lost is a great example of that. BB too.

I personally think Dexter has consistantly remained one of the better shows on TV. This character has been allowed to evolve and grow throughout the series. He started out just a vehicle for his dark passenger and has grown into some thing entirely different. In the process of maintaining his cover life to hide his dark secrets he has discovered as much fulfillment in his cover life as in his serial killer life.

Now that all being said, I would not be disappointed if Dexter went much darker in future seasons. The more effed up the better. Step brother & sister love... sure!

I also have enjoyed the development of the supporting cast. Maria becoming a manipulative uber ***** was great. Taking out her rival and boss was a master stroke. Very impressive. Also contributing to Deb's declining faith in the system and her dependency on Dexter. Perhaps we might see Maria on some ones table in the near future. Maybe Deb could be the one holding the knife.

If anybody read the book Hannibal, by Thomas Harris. The movie really copped out on a perfect ending to that story. I would like Dexter to wrap up similar to how Hannibal the book ended.

In Hannibal, Lecter basically drugs and brainwashes Clarice into becoming his paramour. In the movie Hannibal chopped his own hand and let Clarice go.

The ending originally repulsed me but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was the perfect ending to a twisted tale.

I would like to see something similarly disturbing to end this series.

Dexter's slide into carelessness started in season four when he decided to befriend Trinity, he just showed incredibly poor judgement during that whole season which is why I found it to be one of the worst so far.

As for his current sloppy performance I'd say that it is intentional, the writers seem to want to show that Dexter is losing control and becoming increasingly unstable. Even so, the video message was a little bit to much since if Travis was caught before Dexter got to him and the police looked through his phone....

Over all I've still liked this season, Dexter was doing some great hunting early on plus the side characters haven't been nearly as annoying this season like in the past two.

He hasn't killed someone on his 'table' for quite some time now, did this happen in other seasons too? I can't remember.

He hasn't killed someone on his 'table' for quite some time now, did this happen in other seasons too? I can't remember.

He just disposed of a leader of the gang harrassing brother Sam. That was several episodes ago but in film time it's only been a few days to a couple of weeks tops.

In addition he is a little focused with the Doomsday Killers. Understandable if he lets his hobby sit on the backburner for a short time.

There's a few of those, like when he uses Travis's computer without gloves, or calls the cops on his cell phone not even disguising his voice, haha. I wonder if these things will come back to bite him in the ass, but probably not, because the show has a bunch on inconsistencies like that.
I think that is where computer geek comes into play

so my prediction for the final episode

I think Travis kills Harrison and Bautista's sister, Dexter full on revenge mode goes after Travis, only to find out that someone (Loius) has got to him and killed him first in the exact same way that Dexter does (on the table), this causes Dex to get pissed off cause he is robbed of his revenge . I think Lious will become a copy cat killer

so my prediction for the final episode

I think Travis kills Harrison and Bautista's sister, Dexter full on revenge mode goes after Travis, only to find out that someone (Loius) has got to him and killed him first in the exact same way that Dexter does (on the table), this causes Dex to get pissed off cause he is robbed of his revenge . I think Lious will become a copy cat killer

I don't see this happening.

The finale will some how incorporate a higher power in Dexter's philosiphy.

Losing his son would defeat much of what this season has been building towards.

Louis is definitely going to fit in to the finale but I see his storyline as a teaser for next season. He has deduced Dexter's connection to the ITK(and maybe the Bay Area Butcher) and I think he will blackmail Dex into letting him become his protege (kind of like Mr. Brooks).

I think the season will end with the Travis being defeated by some kind of devine intervention.

Deb will learn Dexter's secret and will be conflicted whether to turn him into a corrupt system that has betrayed her or to let him go after gleaning an understanding of who Dexter really is. I would like to see something deliciously twisted bloom from this revelation.

Quinn is dead. He's outlived his function in the show and there needs to be a casualty in Miami Metro.

Maria is going to be set-up as the antagonist and I don't see her lasting past next season.

With the final seasons on the horizon, I would really love the writers to take Dexter down some really twisted roads. The question is do they have the guts to move away from domesticating Dexter and really let the beast loose.

I would like to see Dexter fully outed and an allout manhunt closely following. All this while Dexter is trying to track down his next killer. Explore what is at the center of Dexter's being when all the facades and disguises are stripped away. What is Dexter really willing to do to survive? If they wanted to, they could keep Louis in their back pocket to ultimately take the fall for Dexter but that would be kind of a weak finale.

I just get the feeling that in the season finale they will quickly dispose of this whole Travis storyline halfway through the final episode , so they can kickstart the Louis storyline.

I like the look of next weeks ep...looks intense.

I also like the Dex/Debra dynamic now..that she may be in love with him. Creepy i know, but it's interesting.
....why ?

it makes me die inside :csad:

I'll be shocked if Louis is the "big bad" for the next season. After all, how else will they be able to bring their next super duper guest star in for the next season? :cwink:

I'm set for a big reveal, even though I really don't feel like this season deserves it. The great thing about Rita's death is that it was the icing on the cake of a majestic fourth season. This season doesn't really feel like it's earned the right to go out with a bang especially since so much of it has just had that feeling of "going through the motions" and had the feeling it just going to peter out.

I should probably shut up and just enjoy whatever they throw at me if it makes this season even slightly worthwhile :cmad:

I would like to see Dexter fully outed and an allout manhunt closely following. All this while Dexter is trying to track down his next killer. Explore what is at the center of Dexter's being when all the facades and disguises are stripped away. What is Dexter really willing to do to survive? If they wanted to, they could keep Louis in their back pocket to ultimately take the fall for Dexter but that would be kind of a weak finale.
I don't see Dexter on the run working for two full seasons. The last season will probably involve something like that, though.

I just get the feeling that in the season finale they will quickly dispose of this whole Travis storyline halfway through the final episode , so they can kickstart the Louis storyline.
Yeah, knowing how they handled things last seasons, that doesn't seem so far off.

Also, I think Dexter is becoming less and less cautious. If you start thinking about it too much, I'm sure there are plenty of plot holes where Dexter could've been caught already.

To be honest, I'm not that excited about the latest episode, I am, however, even more interested in the next season.

I've noticed that about Dexter since day one, but this season he's just gone overboard in the careless-ness department. I mean who goes onto a college campus to drug and abduct a Professor in a place where there are camera's up the wazoo, and where just about everyone has a cell phone with a cam on it, without wearing a frickin mask...?

Someone said that it's the writers doing it on purpose, but i don't think so....

..., killing Sam's killer the way he did and then the video message, was the cherry on the cake this season, sloppy-ness wise.

Last edited:
And then the statue painted in red and Gellar's hand. I mean, come on... NOBODY saw that? In a regular series, I wouldn't mind this kind of things. But in this one, where police investigations, clues, witnesses, etc are an integral part of the show, is really hard to let it go.

they already killed rita off... if they kill harrison then that is just laziness.

Even though the incest angle is really disturbing, it fits with Debra. Her personal life is so screwed up that it seems her inner thoughts would lead her this way; also the psychiatrist planting the idea in her head didn't help at all.

It won't go beyond thoughts, though, because no way would Dexter engage her in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"