24: Legacy

You guys know what this means, right? FOX is gonna back up the money truck to Kiefer and beg him to come back. Then maybe we'll get the proper Live Another Day sequel we should've got in the first damn place.

You guys know what this means, right? FOX is gonna back up the money truck to Kiefer and beg him to come back. Then maybe we'll get the proper Live Another Day sequel we should've got in the first damn place.

even if that scenario DOES play out, Fox and Kiefer will have to wait until Kiefer's current (and successful) series, Designated Survivor, eventually plays out in the future... so no 24 with Jack until then... IF that scenario ever DOES come to reality...

And I pretty sure kiefer's enjoying that he doesn't have to do demanding stunt's right now too.

even if that scenario DOES play out, Fox and Kiefer will have to wait until Kiefer's current (and successful) series, Designated Survivor, eventually plays out in the future... so no 24 with Jack until then... IF that scenario ever DOES come to reality...

Ah ****, I forgot about that show. I didn't even know it was still on. lol

Well, I'm happy its doing well but sad that that realistically means Kiefer probably won't be doing another 24 anytime soon. I just want them to do ONE MORE season just to close out Jack's story properly.

The only people surprised by the cancellation are a few archaic-minded executives at FOX who have a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes a property successful. It's not as if 24 with another lead can't work, and it's not as if it couldn't have worked with Corey Hawkins. But unless you have an interesting characters and compelling story -especially with the high standard of quality on TV the last decade or so- then audiences aren't going to respond favorably.

The only people surprised by the cancellation are a few archaic-minded executives at FOX who have a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes a property successful. It's not as if 24 with another lead can't work, and it's not as if it couldn't have worked with Corey Hawkins. But unless you have an interesting characters and compelling story -especially with the high standard of quality on TV the last decade or so- then audiences aren't going to respond favorably.

Bingo. 24 Legacy was a weak remake of season 1. The plot tracks almost identically. Only every thing about it was inferior. That isn't going to cut it. Not during the golden age of television (which 24 very much helped usher in) where quality is so high elsewhere.

I was hoping they would have swayed away from the terrorist angle and gave us something different and fresh.

’24’: Talks Underway For New Iteration Of The Franchise That Will Leave CTU

” We are really exploring what the future, the next version of 24 might be, maybe in more anthological storytelling,” she said, adding that they had met with the 24 trio who “have a very exciting idea about how to do that, that I thought was very compelling.” Walden declined to elaborate further, noting that the project is in very early stages.

Fox Entertainment president David Madden hinted that the series may be leaving the signature CTU setting of all previous incarnations. “The same kind of ticking clock format and apply it to something else,” he said. “It will have the same urgency but may not be set in the CTU, it will have same style and urgency but in a different venue.”

The proposed new 24 is not genre, and it doesn’t deal with a pandemic. “I think that party what is exciting is, we’re opening up the possibility of it being anything where that 24-hour clock is at the most critical period of a story, so I don’t want to limit them,” Walden said after the session. “It can only be an action-oriented show, maybe not. It can only be an emotional thing. The opportunity is for them to think their biggest thoughts.”

’24’: Talks Underway For New Iteration Of The Franchise That Will Leave CTU

” We are really exploring what the future, the next version of 24 might be, maybe in more anthological storytelling,” she said, adding that they had met with the 24 trio who “have a very exciting idea about how to do that, that I thought was very compelling.” Walden declined to elaborate further, noting that the project is in very early stages.

Fox Entertainment president David Madden hinted that the series may be leaving the signature CTU setting of all previous incarnations. “The same kind of ticking clock format and apply it to something else,” he said. “It will have the same urgency but may not be set in the CTU, it will have same style and urgency but in a different venue.”

The proposed new 24 is not genre, and it doesn’t deal with a pandemic. “I think that party what is exciting is, we’re opening up the possibility of it being anything where that 24-hour clock is at the most critical period of a story, so I don’t want to limit them,” Walden said after the session. “It can only be an action-oriented show, maybe not. It can only be an emotional thing. The opportunity is for them to think their biggest thoughts.”
There are a lot of things that you can do with the 24 Hour format.
I wish them luck.

24 Update: Fox Eyes Legal-Themed Franchise Tweak With Female Lead

Fox is looking to restart the clock on 24, albeit with a few significant tweaks.

The network is developing a new incarnation of the iconic franchise that would shift the focus from terrorism to criminal justice. What’s more, the potential series would feature a female lead.

According to Deadline, the new 24 “centers on a female prosecutor who uncovers a legal conspiracy and has to work against the clock to save a death row inmate facing imminent execution whom she had helped prosecute but may be innocent.” Each season would feature a new case and a new set of characters.

24 vets Howard Gordon and Imagine’s Brian Grazer are shepherding the redo, with Jeremy Doner (The Killing) on board to write.

The black version failed so now we get the chick version.

The black version failed so now we get the chick version.

I think it could work with Kate and Tony led show with them going to Russia to find and break out Jack. Can even go as far as Russia breaking their word and having them kill Chloe and Kim which gives Jack more of a reason to end them for good.

I like the anthology concept. I've said before that the real time element could be applied to things other than terrorism.

I think this could actually work. Think Damages but faster paced and takes place in a day. I'm interested.

...........but I still want closure on Jack's story damn it.

Such a shame how terrible this series was. It had some good potential

Yeah it was Russia. As good as Live Another Day was, that ending never sat well with me. Jack deserves a much better send off than that.

Yeah it was Russia. As good as Live Another Day was, that ending never sat well with me. Jack deserves a much better send off than that.
Yeah I was hoping they would address his situation with that short lived 24 series,but nope.

I didnt even bother watching that spinoff series, I could tell it was a stinker.

I think they should do a tv movie. Just one big two hour event that closes Jack’s story out.

I have an idea where Jack's grandchildren work in CTU, perhaps Teri in field ops, while his grandson works as a new Edgar/Chloe The audience has no idea these are Jack's grandkids till the end, when they bring up a possible prisoner exchange and Teri tells her brother they finally bringing their grandad home.

The final scene of the season is a scruffy familiar man alone in a gulag.

Season 2, is making sure the prisoner exchange goes as smoothly as possible, which of course it wont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"