25th Anniversary GI JOES figures

ohhh, yeah, there are some missing ones I forgot about. I too would like Alpine and Lowlight. The one I REALLY want is lifeline though. He was an great Joe that nobody ever seems to give an damn about.

Because he was a lousy, no-good, bleeding heart, Ted Kennedy-supporting, UN-loving, peacenik liberal pacifist! :)

is there a reason why the tubes that came with my mass device piece are empty? Cause the stock photos show the tubes with the elments

I was at TRUs today and they just did their Fall reset. Joe had a pretty big section, about 6 feet. They had the new comic 2 packs, inclsuding the Nemesis Enforcer / Falcon 2 pack. Man, was I disappointed. Neesis Enforcer, now named Nemesis Immortal, looked like crap. Very cheap looking and wings still arent big enough! Falcom also had a terrible face sculpt. I was soo looking forward to this set to. :(

Has anyone found Bar-be-que figure yet? I can't seemed to find it anywhere.

I bought my Barbeque at Target. Ive found him a couple of times since then. Cant seem to track down a B.A.T. though.

I also found the Falcon/Nemisis pack at TRU in North Olmsted, OH yesterday. Besides the bad sculpts, Falcon has an empty leg holster but no gun to go in it! Add to that the Wings and tentacles are shown in the comic on his back at the same time, but the figure is like the orginal in that only one can be on at a time. Lot of potential, but I say poor execution. To top it off, this wave ships with no Doc stickers, so I am still one short to order my extra.

So far I have 48 of the 25th Anniversary. I really like what I'm seeing, but I have a few complaints.

The joints do get stuck sometimes and I worry about breaking them, but since I don't play with them and I just want to pose them on a shelf that's not a huge deal. My biggest complaint is the large amount of Duke, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow. I understand why, it's the same reason there is dozens of Spider-Man or Wolvine for every 1 "unloved" character... still, when there are so many awesome Joes that came out in the past 25 years, I really want to see more variety. Plus, there's still uniforms of Snake Eyes, Duke, and what not that they haven't even done, really.

But, I do love what I've seen so far. Plus, the articulation on these rock. You can get some crazy poses with them.

Who I want to see:
Robo JOE (I know, stupid)
Muskrat
Overkill
Road Pig
Lowlight
Tunnel Rat
Crazy Legs
Hit N Run
Sgt. Slaughter

I finally found Sgt. Flash today at TRU. All I need is Armored CC, Major Bludd, Snow Serpent and BAT to have all the figures up to and including wave 9.

Is it just us who grew up on the original 80's G.I.Joe line that are buying these up or are some kids actually familiar with them? I feel sorry for the poor kid wanting to play with them and suddenly break because of the Joes stiff joints.

Is it just us who grew up on the original 80's G.I.Joe line that are buying these up or are some kids actually familiar with them? I feel sorry for the poor kid wanting to play with them and suddenly break because of the Joes stiff joints.

That's a good question, and it would be sad if that's happening. However, considering how much they're pushing the "25th anniversary" logo (which is meaningless to children) and the fact there's close to zero above-the-line marketing on these toys (which I'm loving, BTW), it seems to me their primary target market is adult and young adult collectors, with a secondary market being children/parents via the point-and-grunt and pricing strategy.

And considering that stores have the G.I.Joe line alongside the other military stuff and the cheap knock-offs The Corps doesn't help much.

And considering that stores have the G.I.Joe line alongside the other military stuff and the cheap knock-offs The Corps doesn't help much.

Don't knock the Corps. Until more real GI Joe vehicles come out, if it wasn't for the Corps my guys would have to walk or swim everywhere.

He reminds me of the crying Indian in the environmental ads in the 1970s.

Can't wait for the new stuff I'm hearing about here, although I'm PO'd that they're already resorting to making Cobra La figures when I still haven't seen plans for Lowlight. My team needs a hardcore sniper, dammit! Also, Bazooka is no good without Alpine to serve as the straight man.

Alpine will be in one of the DVD battle packs.

He reminds me of the crying Indian in the environmental ads in the 1970s.

Can't wait for the new stuff I'm hearing about here, although I'm PO'd that they're already resorting to making Cobra La figures when I still haven't seen plans for Lowlight. My team needs a hardcore sniper, dammit! Also, Bazooka is no good without Alpine to serve as the straight man.

Thanks for the 411. Good news, but a mixed blessing, as I suspect in order to get Alpine I'll have to buy the whole set, which in all likelihood contains 3 other guys that I have 1-2 of already.

You're pretty much right:

Best_Of_DVD_Pack_01__scaled_600.jpg

Best_Of_DVD_Pack_03__scaled_600.jpg

Best_Of_DVD_Pack_07__scaled_600.jpg

Best_Of_DVD_Pack_05__scaled_600.jpg

Best_Of_DVD_Pack_04__scaled_600.jpg

I broke down and grabbed my B.A.T. off ebay for 7.99 and Major Bludd for 11.99. Figured Id waste the extra money in gas looking for them. I also went ahead and picked up the Viper trooper at WM today.

Has anyone else had an issue with finding severely damaged cards at Wal Mart?

Yeah, I've been passing on figures because the backing is all bent.

Yeah. Ive seen some that are totally curved into a U. What the hells going on with the stock at Wally World? Next to Target, theyre the next best place to find Joes (in my area), but I want nice cards.

Something else Im not getting is TRUs. They have a whole 4 foot section dedicated to Joe, and it sits empty 80% of the time????

I picked up Hawk today at TRUs. They only had 3 pegs out of all their space filled.

Yeah. Ive seen some that are totally curved into a U. What the hells going on with the stock at Wally World? Next to Target, theyre the next best place to find Joes (in my area), but I want nice cards.

Something else Im not getting is TRUs. They have a whole 4 foot section dedicated to Joe, and it sits empty 80% of the time????
Toys R Us has been failing. For me, they stay stocked, but it's with figures from two or three waves back. Stuff I bought months ago. You'd think TRU would realize, "hey, nerds will buy these figures the day they come out, maybe we should be up to date with what we got". But no. They fail. TRU used to be the best, the greatest, now I get better luck at WalMarts and KMarts. Fail.

I dunno, TRU is only place I've found Sgt. Flash, and I've also seen most of wave 9 there.

TRUs in my area stocks their Joes, what seems like, once every 3 weeks. The waves vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"