3 College kids Killed Execution Style Behind School

I don't think a minor should be charged as an adult. If they can be punished like adults, then they should have the freedoms of an adult. You can't have it both ways.

Act like an adult get dealt with like an adult. Send this kid DOWN!!

What a disgusting act to commit!

MS-13's are behind this ****. them kids who got hit were in the wrong place @ the wrong time plus them mexican cats prolly thought they were blood
I'm not hip to gang culture, who are the MS-13s? And if it was just a robbery, they didn't have to get killed.

I'm not hip to gang culture, who are the MS-13s? And if it was just a robbery, they didn't have to get killed.
If it was MS-13 members than they would have killed those people no matter what race, age, sex you are!!! FBI considers them to be the most dangerous gang in America!!!

[YT]vBzu3mOFOvo[/YT]

I think they have a web site, they have meetings, extremely organized and they've taken over a little part of my old neighborhood.
They've taken to tagging construction sites that they're working on. :whatever: :down

There's some latin kings over where my parents live that tagged their garage. They hired a guy to repaint it and two of them came up to him and was like, "you shouldn't be painting that, this is latin king area." :rolleyes:

So basically the gangs are telling me what not to do with my own property. Ain't that a biatch.

There ruthless in DC, they had an out in the open gunfight in the middle of the work week during rush hour. Blood trails and ****. CrazY! I wish they'd do something about that.

I got an e-mail from my aunt stating that latinos were targeting black women, I guess out and out taking them out. :huh:

Yeah DC can be a rough place. I lived around Georgetown, so I never really experienced any of that stuff but I have a friends who live near Howard. Some have been held up at gunpoint.

Sucks.

I'm pretty lucky. I had a house in Columbia Heights and there have been plenty of times I came home late, not always sober. No ones ever ****ed with me.

they're saying two of the victims might have been sexually assaulted.

10carra_l.jpg

Man Charged in Newark Deaths Pleads Not Guilty

NEWARK, Aug. 10 — A third suspect, identified as a teenager, has been arrested in the execution-style slayings of three students here Saturday night, the authorities said.

The two others charged so far are a 28-year-old construction worker and a 15 year old.

The construction worker, Jose Carranza, is an illegal immigrant from Peru who now also faces an order of detention against him by federal authorities, his lawyer and judicial officials said today.

Mr. Carranza pleaded not guilty to the murder and other charges at an arraignment this morning where family members of the victims, Mayor Cory A. Booker, the Essex County Sheriff and Prosecutor, and his own mother and brother packed the courtroom.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/10/nyregion/10cnd-newark.html?ref=nyregion

How's the girl doing, the survivor?
I hope she's under close watch, they may want to finish her.

by Jonathan Schuppe, Ralph R. Ortega, Jeffery C. Mays and Alexi Friedman
Sunday August 19, 2007, 4:45 PM

Authorities today said they arrested the sixth and final suspect in the execution-style murder of three college students and wounding of a fourth in Newark.

The suspect, 18-year-old Melvin Jovell, was taken into custody at 3:45 a.m. in a relative's home in Elizabeth in Union County, authorities said. Detectives from Newark Police department's homicide squad and investigators from the Essex County Prosecutor's Office made the arrest, according to Newark police. He was taken without incident.

Jovell was charged with three counts of murder, four counts of robbery, one count of attempted murder, two weapons offenses and conspiracy to commit robbery, said Charlotte Smith, executive assistant Essex County prosecutor. Those are the same charges as his co-defendants, Newark police said.

While Jovell lives in Elizabeth, police said, he appears to have deep roots in Newark. Sharlatte Saunders, 17, said she used to see him hanging around with several of the other suspects already seized in the killings.

He attended Mount Vernon School -- where the shootings took place in the schoolyard -- and Vailsburg Middle School, she said, and grew up a couple of blocks from the scene of the killings.

Jovell does not appear to have any criminal arrests as an adult, police said. Although all of the suspects have been apprehended, police are still calling it "an active investigation," and say they are withholding "several details" related to the case to ensure its integrity.

Superior Court Judge Michael Ravin ordered Jovell held on $2 million bond at the Essex County Jail, law enforcement authorities said. In a statement, Mayor Cory Booker said, "Now the process of healing must take center stage and the prosecution of the case begins."

The apprehension comes just a day after police arrested 24-year-old Rodolfo Godinez and his half brother, Alexander Alfaro, 16, outside Washington, D.C. In fact, police arrested Jovell after having gathered leads from those arrests in Virginia and Maryland, authorities said.

Investigators have called Godinez a "principal player" in the Aug. 4 slayings, along with Jose Lachira Carranza, 28, who turned himself in Aug. 9. Police have said they believe Carranza fired one or more of the fatal bullets. Investigators say Godinez, a Nicaraguan immigrant, had been hiding inside a low-rise apartment complex in Oxon Hill, Md., for about a week until his arrest early Saturday morning. Alfaro was arrested in Woodbridge, Va.

All six are charged in the schoolyard slayings of Newark residents Dashon Harvey, 20, Terrance Aeriel, 18, and Iofemi Hightower, 20. Terrance Aeriel's sister, Natasha, 19, was shot in the head but survived.

So two of them were illegal immigrants?
Why would ANYONE come to a new country, just to commit criminal acts? ...I would be too coy to break a traffic law in another country, let alone murder someone.

So two of them were illegal immigrants?
Why would ANYONE come to a new country, just to commit criminal acts? ...I would be too coy to break a traffic law in another country, let alone murder someone.
rumored links to a notorious street gang called MS-13.

The gang, rooted in the 1980s Salvadoran civil war and dominated by Latino immigrants, is considered one of the country's most violent criminal groups. Although MS-13 doesn't have large numbers in Newark, residents of the Ivy Hill neighborhood where the killings took place say they've seen more young men enticed by the gang. That included five of the suspects in the Aug. 4 execution-style shootings.

Neighbors of three juvenile suspects say the boys claimed to be members of MS-13. At least two of them maintained MySpace pages that praised the gang. The adult suspects, Jose Carranza and Rodolfo Godinez, were active members, residents say.

Because of those reputed connections, investigators are exploring whether they played a role in the Aug. 4 attack, in which three college students died and a fourth survived a gunshot to the face

MS-13 started in Los Angeles in the 1970s to protect Salvadoran immigrants from being preyed upon by other gangs, according to law enforcement experts. Los Angeles remains its base, along with strongholds in the Washington D.C. area.

Over the years, MS-13 has made connections with organized crime in Mexico, gained a piece of the cocaine trade and developed a violent gang culture in which members sometimes used machetes or wood chippers to carry out attacks on rivals, experts said.

At least one of the victims in the Aug. 4 attack in Newark was sliced with what the lone survivor told police was a machete, authorities have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"