'30 Days of Night Sequel Heads to Dark Days

She uses Magic.

(Not being snarky, she really does. Dark Days was awesome stuff)

I'm a BIG fan of the comic, not so much a fan of the film. This could have been so damn easy to adapt and do as a trilogy but nope. They fudged it. I'm not looking forward to this.

In your opinion, how did they "fudge" the movie up?

If you can find the original thread thenyou'll find all my reasons there but to name a few

-Vampires speaking Klingon
-Eben and Stella divorced for really no reason
-Taking both lead vamps and turning them into one character (which hey, takes away from the guts of the sequel)
-Lead vamp always speaking in lame "deep thoughts"
-And I'm pretty sure there is a line or event the lead vamp says/does at the end that completly contridicts them even going there in the first place.

Anyways..bottom line is it sucked and wasn't as good as it could and should have been.

Your first two reasons I have to disagree with.

For me I didn't mind the language they made up for the film, it gets old hearing vampires speak some European or English language. Kind of shows how old they really are and how long they've been here since they have their own language.

As for Eben and Stella I consider that one of those things that doesn't need to be explained or shoved down the audiences throat. To me it was straightforward without needing details. They're a couple and they live in a small and most likely boring town...I just instantly assumed as with a lot of failed marriages/relationships the fire wasn't there anymore.

I'll have to read the sequel again to remember what you mean about taking away the guts of it due to the combining of the lead vampires.

I guess a huge factor in why I liked it so much was that I bought and read most of the books after I saw the movie.

So the first time I watched it, I went in just watching a vampire movie as opposed to an adaptation. In my opinion, as many half assed or crappy vampire films have been coming out this was one that I thought was actually good and well made.

I'll have to read the sequel again to remember what you mean about taking away the guts of it due to the combining of the lead vampires.
In the comic, Eben kills the eldest vampire of all time (or something like that, he was the Big Boss of Vampires) who came to give discipline to the reckless vampires who went to have a feast in Barrow. This was completely removed from the film. In Dark Days, the partner/wife of the Big Boss Vampire seeks revenge for his dead husband and wants to kill Stella.

It's been a while since I read the comics, and I've seen the film only once in theaters, so I guess they could rework the revenge seeking vampire ***** to be the partner of Danny Huston's vampire from the first film. BUT maybe there is something I'm forgotting, 'cause I remember thinking the exactly same thing as K.B. after the first film: "They just killed the possibility of doing Dark Days as a sequel."

Its good vampire movie as a stand alone movie, but it is a mediocre adaptation, V for Vendetta is another good example of "good movie, bad adaptation."

In the comic, Eben kills the eldest vampire of all time (or something like that, he was the Big Boss of Vampires) who came to give discipline to the reckless vampires who went to have a feast in Barrow. This was completely removed from the film. In Dark Days, the partner/wife of the Big Boss Vampire seeks revenge for his dead husband and wants to kill Stella.

It's been a while since I read the comics, and I've seen the film only once in theaters, so I guess they could rework the revenge seeking vampire ***** to be the partner of Danny Huston's vampire from the first film. BUT maybe there is something I'm forgotting, 'cause I remember thinking the exactly same thing as K.B. after the first film: "They just killed the possibility of doing Dark Days as a sequel."

That's one of the plots in New Moon and Eclipse. When did the first 30 Days come out?

As for Eben and Stella I consider that one of those things that doesn't need to be explained or shoved down the audiences throat. To me it was straightforward without needing details. They're a couple and they live in a small and most likely boring town...I just instantly assumed as with a lot of failed marriages/relationships the fire wasn't there anymore.

I didnt mean that I needed a backstory for it in the film, I meant it was done for no reason because in the book (and sequel) it can be said that it is about Stella overcoming the death of her husband and man she loves to become a stronger person and a leader. In the movie it was pointless to give them a divorce as it really didn't further the plot or have any real point to it storywise like it would if they had been together.

About the only thing I will agree on is that it's the only vampire film in a LONG time to show vamps as badasses and not sissys.

That's one of the plots in New Moon and Eclipse. When did the first 30 Days come out?

It came out long before this Twilight garbage.

Best news I've heard lately... I loved the first one. It showed what true vampires should be like... anyone that tries to romanticize them is an idiot.

The only bad thing is no Arvin :(

Wait, they're making a sequel? Where have I been? This is worse news than the I Am Legend prequel. The first film was pure cinematic autism. And not the good Rain Man kind either.

Edit: Just realized that its likely DTV. Whatever, it'll look good next to Into The Blue 2 at the bottom of the bargain bin.

Last edited:
just realized that its likely dtv. Whatever, it'll look good next to into the blue 2 at the bottom of the bargain bin.

lmao

Is this Lilith gonna be the Lilith? The mother of Vampires?

Is Melissa George in this?

Or is Stella going to played by someone else?

If so, I may skip this one, I liked the first movie and George was one of the best things in it.

I liked the first.

Im skeptical and disappointed about a Direct to DVD release though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"