31 Nights of Halloween: 2021 Edition

Night 14

37. Curse of Chucky
ls20vOn.gif

Fun Size Review: I grew up with Chucky as my #1 fear. I was afraid to walk down the horror isle at Blockbuster because I might see him. As I have gotten older, I have grown to appreciate the little guy. This and it's sequel helped a lot with that. After years of being a great slasher, without a great foil or film, Chucky got as close as he ever did here.

38. Cult of Chucky
reQZH40.gif

Fun Size Review: I don't know what it was between Seed and these two flicks that changed for Mancini, but something did, and it worked. Brilliantly. A natural extension of Curse, this ramps up the fun, without ditching what made Curse work. Love it.

Honestly can't remember if I've ever watched a Chucky film. I see iTunes has the original on sale so it's probably a good time to check it out now. New show looks fun too.

Honestly can't remember if I've ever watched a Chucky film. I see iTunes has the original on sale so it's probably a good time to check it out now. New show looks fun too.
First episode of the show holds so much promise. Honestly my favorite thing related to the series so far. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Night 14

37. Curse of Chucky
ls20vOn.gif

Fun Size Review: I grew up with Chucky as my #1 fear. I was afraid to walk down the horror isle at Blockbuster because I might see him. As I have gotten older, I have grown to appreciate the little guy. This and it's sequel helped a lot with that. After years of being a great slasher, without a great foil or film, Chucky got as close as he ever did here.

38. Cult of Chucky
reQZH40.gif

Fun Size Review: I don't know what it was between Seed and these two flicks that changed for Mancini, but something did, and it worked. Brilliantly. A natural extension of Curse, this ramps up the fun, without ditching what made Curse work. Love it.

I really enjoy these two as well. Both a great return to form especially after Seed. Did you watch the new series yet? I haven’t yet but have it on my dvr.

I really enjoy these two as well. Both a great return to form especially after Seed. Did you watch the new series yet? I haven’t yet but have it on my dvr.
Yeah, saw the first episode. It was really good imo. Hope you enjoy it, Bro.

01. Night of the Living Dead ('68)
02. Dawn of the Dead: The Argento Cut ('78)
03. Day of the Dead ('85)
04. Land of the Dead
05. Dawn of the Dead ('04)
06. Reptilicus
07. Underworld
08. Underworld: Evolution
09. The Blob ('88)

760c68752137657a0105c71793354041d758866c.gifv

Dracula (1931)

At the Movies with Kane and BN
5/5

31 Day Horror Marathon 2021
Day 1 | Malignant (4/5) (REWATCH)
Day 2 | Bingo Hell (3.5/5)
Day 3 | Black as Night (3/5)
Day 4 | Demonic (2021) (2/5)
Day 5 | A Classic Horror Story (4/5)
Day 6 | V/H/S/94 (4/5)
Day 7 | The Boy Behind the Door (3/5)
Day 8 | Madres (3/5)
Day 9 | Lamb (4/5)
Day 10 | The Manor (1.5/5)
Day 11 | Ghost of Mars (2/5)
Day 12 | Halloween (1978) (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 13 | Halloween (2018) (4/5) (REWATCH)
Day 14 | Halloween Kills (3.5/5)
Day 15 | Halloween III Season of the Witch (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 16 | Dracula (1931) (5/5) (REWATCH)

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)
A mostly competent true life slasher horror that’s bogged down by some odd tonal choices and middling performances. 5/10

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014)
A well executed approach to doing a sequel/remake. 7/10

01. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
02. Dawn of the Dead: The Argento Cut (1978)
03. Day of the Dead (1985)
04. Land of the Dead (2005)
05. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
06. Reptilicus (1961)
07. Underworld (2003)
08. Underworld: Evolution (2006)
09. The Blob (1988)
10. Kung Fu Zombie (1982)

I'll catch up, I promise! This was a first time watch for me. So much damn yelling, but still an enjoyable yet ridiculous kung fu flick.

11. Kung Fu From Beyond the Grave (1984)

"Count Dracula, come to my aid!" Need I say more?

Last edited:
1a4471a89a5d9557cd636d49aa004ab7d5aaab47.gifv

Dracula (1931 Spanish version)

3.5/5

Day 6 | V/H/S/94 (4/5)
Day 8 | Madres (3/5)
Day 9 | Lamb (4/5)
Day 17 | Dracula (1931 Spanish version) (3.5/5)

Last edited:
31 Nights of Halloween 2021:

1.Wrong Turn - The Foundation
2.Awaken The Shadowman
3.The Elf
4.Saint(Sint)
5.Killer Klowns from Outer Space
6.Sleepy Hollow
7.The Cleaning Lady
8.Charlie's Farm
9.Husk
10.Blood Creek
11.Slender Man
12.Smiley
13.Friday the 13th(2009)
14.Halloween(1978)
15.13 Ghosts
16.Ghost Ship

Was busy yesterday so i couldnt post anything.
Night 15 was 13 Ghosts...its a solid movie in my opinion, but they wasted the potential to explore the ghosts more.
You could have done more with them, some have really cool backstorys to their designs and all.
Solid movie that wastes its great idea a bit.

Night 16 was Ghost Ship
Also a Solid movie, fantastic Opening scene still and overall a good movie you can watch on a lazy saturday.
But it also didnt fully use its potential imo.

rewatches in red italics

1. The House on Haunted Hill '99 (HBO - Left September) 2/5
2. Fright Night '11 (Hulu - Left September) 3/5
3. Scream (HBO - Left September) 4.5/10
4. Scream 2 (HBO - Left September)
4/5
5. Scream 3 (HBO - Left September)
2.5/5
6. Young Frankenstein (Prime) 4.5/5
7. You're Next (Hulu) 3/5
8. The Resort (Hulu) 0.5/5

9. Sleepy Hollow (DVD) 4.5/5
10. Malignant - HBO (Left Oct. 10th) 3/5
11. House Of Wax '05 (HBO)
3/5
12. Muppets Haunted Mansion (Disney+) 3.5/5
13. The Fog (Prime)
3/5

14. Little Monsters '19 (Hulu) 4.5/5
tumblr_pzdlp3kLIZ1qgojgxo3_540.gifv

I can't begin to express how much I adored this movie. It's 'Life is Beautiful' with zombies, starring Lupita Nyong'o, the best attempt yet by Australia to replicate the Hemsworths without actually hiring one, and Josh Gad's post-Frozen rage at being type-cast. All three adults are iconic and the main kid is one of the most adorable characters put to film in a long time. Like 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Cooties' it understands that good spoofs still have to be good movies on their own merits, and it definitely succeeds. 4.5/5

15. A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 (HBO)
e196f4eddf2218bd1d44628ca03342a4.gif

I really wish I liked this movie more than I do. Its undeniably iconic, with some brilliantly innovative moments and a unique story. But the forgettable leads pale compared to the other iconic slasher casts. Even Johnny Depp is only memorable because it's Johnny Depp. And even then - my problem is Freddy. He's just SO CAMP in a movie that ISN'T. I wind up laughing at him more often than I'm afraid of him. 3/5

16. Suburban Gothic
e3ddb997bd39b5365df0dcb76e95633e.gif

A very Bi movie. With a better writer/director, this could have really been something special. There's a lot of horror that really works and a lot of comedy that really works but also a lot of both that doesn't. And honestly the scariest thing was just how close to home the small town setting with its residents' casual racism and homophobia felt, because that **** was way too familiar to where I grew up. Matthew Gray Gubler and Kat Dennings are terrific in this, though, while Ray Wise is just perfectly despicable in all the "way too real" ways I mentioned above. He could have been any number of coaches/dads I knew in high school. If it were a pilot for a TV show, I'd definitely watch it. 2.5/5

17. Ju-On: The Grudge (Prime)
e69ed4b847fffd23c15f47b536e5f550.gif

Normally subtitles don't faze me, but trying to follow the disjointed narrative here through them was definitely a test. That said, the incredibly creepy ghost designs need no translation to freak you out. 3.5/5

18. The House on Haunted Hill '59 (Prime)
267910524d8dd6cf114e863f52c5e272.gif

So... this was made in 1959. So I didn't expect it to be SCARY. But given the hype, I was expecting something better than this. As with the remake, Price and Ohmart's delightful banter and attempts to outwit each other is the highlight, but there's much less of it here. Expanding it was the best choice the '99 version made. In other comparisons, the main characters are just as dull and the climatic "horror" somehow just as ridiculous and even more anti-climatic. I can see how it had a huge impact in the genre, but when all is said and done, I didn't find it much better than the remake. 2.5/5

(It's a shame that Mike Flannagan walked away from his 'Haunting' series before taking a stab at this story. I'd love to get a perfected version, and Kate Siegel would be an amazing Anabelle/Evelyn.)[/QUOTE]

Night 15

39. Halloween
BN25KQx.gif

Fun Size Review: I respect the hell out of this movie. I get every bit of praise it has gotten over the years. It just doesn't really do a lot for me. I like to have fun with my horror flicks, and this isn't a lot of fun.

40. Halloween
9lP99Ax.gif

Fun Size Review: This is an interesting movie for me. When we are hanging out with Laurie and her family, I rather like it. But the true crime aspect and Michael himself is just all kinds of boring to me. The former feels like filler, and the latter... well he has to be there. There are a few good kills, but Michael has little to do with their quality. A special shout out to the kid being babysat by Virginia Gardner. He the real MVP. Well him and Virginia's shirt.

41. Halloween Kills (New)
uymZAuu.gif

Fun Size Review: Here we fracking go. This movie has no chills, no subtly. It's here to frack **** up, and it does just that. It's aggressive, stupid, and a crap ton of fun because of it. Easily my "favorite" Halloween flick.

I've never really been a Halloween person. Seen five of them prior, but none of them ever really hit the right spot for me. Halloween Kills is dumb as hell but I actually had a good time with it, and that counts for something with me.

Night 16

42. The Thing
zscEQ4b.gif

Fun Size Review: Every time I watch Kurt Russell in something, I wonder how anyone has ever even tried to make a movie without him. Like the long lost twin brother of Alien, The Thing is the kind of perfect that's hard to match.

43. Annabelle Comes Home
qv6CfSR.gif

Fun Size Review: I have seen so horror flicks. From the classics to absolute rubbish. But I am not sure there is one I enjoy more then this. Like a big screen adaptation of Are You Afraid of the Dark? or Goosebumps (the books not the movies), the movie sports likable leads taking on the bench player for the major Conjuring villains. And it's awesome.

44. Spiral: From the Book of Saw
DW3pVfo.gif

Fun Size Review: I feel like every last bit of this movie is intentional. Which makes me greatly appreciate it. A hilarious parody of it's own franchise, Spiral features some rather gruesome kills and an all time performance from it's lead.

Night 5

Kaiju Sat continues with more Heisei Godzilla

14. Godzilla vs Mothra aka The Battle for the Earth

The best part of getting Mothra in these movies is getting the Mothra theme and her song in them. Just so beautiful. And this time, you add some environmental message along with the traditional anti business message of a Mothra movie. Plus, it is always fun to see a Mothra larva bite Godzilla's tail and then get flung around on a wild ride. It would have been great to have Miki interact with the shobojin, but no, gotta focus mainly on dime store Indiana Jones. Battra, the evil Mothra is a neat creation, sadly its a Godzilla movie, so the rivalry with Mothra isn't played up as much as it could have been in in a solo Mothra movie (and there are three from the 90's that they refused to use him :argh:). The action sadly falls into the issue of the Heisei series being beam wars. However, mad props to the model makers, as the model set for Yokohama Cosmo World for the finale was amazing.

15. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II

Or, the beatdown of Rodan. They bring back Rodan, yay! And then proceed to absolutely **** him up at every opportunity. The battle between Godzilla and Rodan at the beginning is great, with much more physicality than expected from the Heisei era. Godzilla outright chokes Rodan, which is greatly brutal with the suits. Also decide to bring back Minya with Baby Godzilla. Just don't question how Godzilla has parental feelings toward a creature the size of his tow at the end of the movie. Of course the main attraction is Mechagodzilla II, this time a creation of humanity to defend against Godzilla. And Japan sure does love its drawn out mecha launch sequence. Pretty good part of the series.

16. Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla

On one hand, it is a new monster. But on the other hand, "adjective"godzilla is no the most creative. Thank god Biollante wasn't Plantgodzilla. They also resurrect an obscure kaiju into humanity's new mech, Moguera. Well, obscure if you didn't play the old NES Godzilla game. Not exactly the best of the films. Very beams warsy, although the crystal environments Spacegodzilla creates is fun. And they actually make Miki center to the plot again, only to make her a damsel in distress.

Night 6

17. Trick R' Treat

A new Halloween classic. Should always be watched sometime for Halloween season. I love how they frame the anthology stories, weaving in and out with each other, without being explicit "this is story 1, this is story 2". Wonderful cast, and wonderful effect and make up. I just love how they portrayed the werewolf transformation. And Sam is a wonderful creation. Always uphold the spirit of halloween.

18. Cursed

The 2005 Wes Craven/Kevin Williamson werewolf film with Christina Ricci and Jesse Eisenberg. A great cast filled out with Joshua Jackson, Judy Greer, Milo Ventimiglia, Portia Di Rossi, and Michael Rosenbaum. I enjoyed it. Way too much Eisenberg, not enough Ricci, but still enjoyed it. The final act swerves at least 3 times, though I swear. Full CGI werewolves, which can be boring. For the idea of the movie, Ginger Snaps pulls it off better. However, I will forever be entertained by the CGI werewolf giving a character the finger.

19. The Final Girls

Been meaning to watch this, because I love the cast. Definitely attracted to Taisa Farmiga, Nina Dobrev, Malin Ackerman, and Alia Shawkat. Fun movie, really enjoyed it. Some really creative camera work, probably would have made me a bit sick on the big screen. And the story with Max kind of hit a little too close to home. Special shout out to Angela Trimbur for her performance as sex craved Tina. So great to watch.

04. Land of the Dead: Unrated Cut (2005)
05. Dawn of the Dead: Unrated Cut (2004)
06. Reptilicus (1961)
07. Underworld (2003)
09. The Blob (1988)
12. My Bloody Valentine: Unrated Cut (1981)

First time watch for me and I loved it. Reasonable setting, solid early 80s kills, believable and, most importantly, likeable characters.

6d3e815c61b97347b9bbbfa559cb39a1170de3e9.gifv

Dracula's Daughter
4/5

Day 6 | V/H/S/94 (4/5)
Day 8 | Madres (3/5)
Day 9 | Lamb (4/5)
Day 17 | Dracula (1931 Spanish version) (3.5/5)
Day 18 | Dracula's Daughter (1936) (4/5)

Just a recommendation:

Night House with Rebecca Hall

It seems to have flown under the radar which is a shame.

Saw it in theaters, David Bruckner is slowly becoming one of my favorite horror directors.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Very much a made for TV horror but a very well done one. 7/10

31 Nights of Halloween 2021:

1.Wrong Turn - The Foundation
2.Awaken The Shadowman
3.The Elf
4.Saint(Sint)
5.Killer Klowns from Outer Space
6.Sleepy Hollow
7.The Cleaning Lady
8.Charlie's Farm
9.Husk
10.Blood Creek
11.Slender Man
12.Smiley
13.Friday the 13th(2009)
14.Halloween(1978)
15.13 Ghosts
16.Ghost Ship
17.Rogue(2007)

I know why i tend to ignore Animal horror movies...they can easily be boring.
So is this, the most interesting thing is the cover.
Really really boring movie.

Last edited:
Not sure if it counts but I watched Starman
Not my favorite Carpenter but still very good 7/10

04. Land of the Dead: Unrated Cut (2005)
05. Dawn of the Dead: Unrated Cut (2004)
06. Reptilicus (1961)
07. Underworld (2003)
09. The Blob (1988)
12. My Bloody Valentine: Unrated Cut (1981)
13. Scare Package (2019)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"