$400 PS3 with Spider-man 3 BR RUMOR

The reduction in USB ports don't bother me, or hinder my possibly purchasing it. I've already got Rock Band for 360. :huh:

But I'm kinda ticked off about BWC, I mean, I paid $300 for a PS2 back in the day for it to work with PS1 games, at least make it PS2 BWC. :csad:

But I'm kinda ticked off about BWC, I mean, I paid $300 for a PS2 back in the day for it to work with PS1 games, at least make it PS2 BWC. :csad:

I agree. They should have left the PS2 BWC and drop the PS1 BWC. I don't have a PS2 and have been wanting to try out some games that are on that console like God of War and Kingdom Hearts and all, but I really think 500 dollars is a bit much for a gaming console no matter what it does. It could make me breakfast in the morning but it would still be too expensive. 400 is still steep to me for a gaming console but it's at least better than 500-600 bucks. You can call me cheap but I'd rather spend 500-600 bucks on a stand alone High Def player than a gaming console no matter how good it is. I just don't feel right spending that kind of cash on a console. And when they finally release a console that is not so bad cash wise they take out one of the features that really attracted me.

Dude, for $500 you get a game system, and it can also function like a high def player at the same time. Why hit a bird with a stone when you can hit two? :huh:

Dude, for $500 you get a game system, and it can also function like a high def player at the same time. Why hit a bird with a stone when you can hit two? :huh:

I know what your saying and it does seem illogical of me to think the way I do, but I just don't think these companies should be rewarded when they overprice their consoles. With the way things keep going, the next generation of consoles will be in the 800-1000 range. It's just getting out of hand I think. My cap at what the maximum a console should be is 400 bucks and like I said, it's still a bit steep at that price. I would have been willing to get the PS3 at that price but I need the ability to play PS2 games as well since I never got a PS2.

The reduction in USB ports don't bother me, or hinder my possibly purchasing it. I've already got Rock Band for 360. :huh:

The BC thing makes absolutely no sense at all and seems to show Sony's arrogance it's like "Here ya go @$$holes, we'll give you you're $400 console, but since you won't pony up the extra cash we'll take out backwards compatability, haha, f**k you!"

At least with every other console bundle there are no changes to the actual hardware, just the accesories you get.

The 80G will become $500, so you'll still have BC. And I am a Sony fan(not fanboy, those are the extreme fans), but not haveing BC in the 40G is bs. Maybe they'll get so much flak they'll put it back in. I'm going to make sure I'm done with my PS2 first, but I don't want to have to keep it to go back and play GOW, MGS3, or RE4 whenever the mood strikes me.

The BC thing makes absolutely no sense at all and seems to show Sony's arrogance it's like "Here ya go @$$holes, we'll give you you're $400 console, but since you won't pony up the extra cash we'll take out backwards compatability, haha, f**k you!"

At least with every other console bundle there are no changes to the actual hardware, just the accesories you get.

Removing the BC makes perfect sense considering how the importance of BCis outweighed compared to the importance of getting a 400 dollar PS3 on the market for this christmas. It makes additional sense when you look at how much money even the partial hardware based BC costs them, a lot. They're already selling the units at a loss, and were selling the PS3 initially at the biggest loss per unit in the industry, and you call that arrogant? You screamed for a cheaper PS3 like everyone else, and they did it by removing the BC so they could afford to give you a cheaper PS3, and who in the world who wants PS3 doesn't have a PS2 at this point? It's not an ideal situation, but it's hardly proof of arrogance... at all. They're doing what they can, and people need to stop whining about it.

Arrogance would be keeping the price the same.

Removing your FACE makes perfect sense.

I'm out.

*drops mic*

You're not as intimidating with a Hobbes avatar. :o

Its all about business. People need to realize that Sony LOSES money with every PS3 they sell at this point. They need to find ways to minimize that loss and thats what they are doing here. The main complaint about the system is its pricepoint so they found a solution thats more cost effective to them and accessible to consumers. Hey and if you dont like it, then you are free to get the system which does have BC. No matter what they do, Sony cant win with some people.

And as far as with other console bundle, they had, well none of the various PS3s that Sony released had the same hardware. 20gb, 40gb, 60gb, 80gb all had differences to their hardware other than hard drive size

If I'm correct the last generation in the PS2 is still selling like hotcakes so it makes perfect sense for SONY to remove it from their current gen console. To be honest I paid £425 for a PS3 which only has software bc... I have played maybe 1 PS2 game since June so the BC wouldn't make a difference to me at all... it'll be the same with most people after a while. I didn't buy the console to play PS2 games, I bought it to play PS3 games and that is what SONY are aiming for in a business sense

If I'm correct the last generation in the PS2 is still selling like hotcakes so it makes perfect sense for SONY to remove it from their current gen console. To be honest I paid £425 for a PS3 which only has software bc... I have played maybe 1 PS2 game since June so the BC wouldn't make a difference to me at all... it'll be the same with most people after a while. I didn't buy the console to play PS2 games, I bought it to play PS3 games and that is what SONY are aiming for in a business sense
Exactlt! Like I said before and will keep saying until I'm blue, with over 100 million PS2's in homes now, this makes perfect sense.

Might be speculation, but nonetheless........

40GB PLAYSTATION 3 Coming to US November 2, 2007?

An image revealing the new 40GB PS3 for the U.S market was on page 2 and 32 on the Nielson Page for this week. It writes that the $400 40GB PLAYSTATION 3 will be launching November 2, 2007. Yet, this is still not an official confirmation of a US release date.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199038

I think this Christmas will be huge for Sony if this happens.

They still need apps, and I can see the lack of BC coming back to bite sony in the butt soon after Xmas.

If people throw a fit about it then Sony can revise the hardware again with BC put back in. It was a dumb mistake to take it out in the first place, but if it really is a problem, then Sony will learn quickly.

If people throw a fit about it then Sony can revise the hardware again with BC put back in.

I doubt that would happen considering they would have to change the motherboard. If they don't do it now they never will unless they phase out the 40 gig PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"