5.20 - Fade (Spoilers)

BaK said:
that can also mean that she somehow knows there will never be someone like Clark in her life again, who can be in position to affect/hurt her so much..
(except for Clark of course)..

But doesnt every relationship have the potential to do that? Its all about how you set yourself up.

Now she's gone into a relationship with Lex, knowing full well what he is capable of even if she hasnt been privvy to some of the details. He has the potential to put her in a place where she will be hurt. Which by the way is probably going to happen.

If she's gone into her relationship with Lex thinking that all of his honesty nonsense over the last season is ultruistic, then I'm not going to have alot of sympathy for her and I dont think I'll be alone.

Is that how they want us to view Lana Lang, life long friend of Clark Kent?

Because.. Everything comes from Clark..

More details please. :)

avidreader said:
If she's gone into her relationship with Lex thinking that all of his honesty nonsense over the last season is ultruistic, then I'm not going to have alot of sympathy for her and I dont think I'll be alone.
Is that how they want us to view Lana Lang, life long friend of Clark Kent?
More details please. :)
I do not think writers/AM would by any stretch intentionally have her
character assosiated with anything mean, deeply negative, causing
justified hatred..

The whole "hatred" thing is on the "client" side..
(in computer lingo).. Meaning "fans".. The way their "flawed" perception
works and stuff..

So this will be almost like an ultimate challenge, puting her in the
"evil doer lair", upping it to the utmost.. Her "walk on the dark side"..
Of course, she will never come "clean" out of it for "fans" who already
"rationaly" dislike her.. That's a given..

What makes it the most interesting is, that Lex is still "half way to hell",
and will she and how contribute to shaping his further fall..

About "more details" - sorry, can't, that's just umm, too zen to explain.. :)

avidreader said:
I didnt catch this, but when he says to whoever it is, presumably Chloe, to be quiet he's actually listening for Graham's heart beat.

How cool!
You can hear a heartbeat? I swear, I'm having the most difficult time deciphering this trailer. All I hear is Clark whispering "Quiet" and then turning his head.

rumpuso said:
You can hear a heartbeat? I swear, I'm having the most difficult time deciphering this trailer. All I hear is Clark whispering "Quiet" and then turning his head.

Yeah, I heard a heartbeat... listen again.

That's a cool catch, avid... :up:

triplet said:
Yeah, I heard a heartbeat... listen again.

That's a cool catch, avid... :up:

Oh, yeah! I didn't notice that before. Avid wins Best Ears in the SHH-SV forum.. for this week. :D

Then I win the worst hearing award. I still don't hear a heartbeat. :(

rumpuso said:
Then I win the worst hearing award. I still don't hear a heartbeat. :(
That's odd, Rump. Have you tried turning your speakers way up? Although, it's pretty obvious on mine without having to crank it too much.

Try turning them up to 11. ;)

just what would Lana think if she got this pic in email from someone called umm, "[email protected]"?

some sort of a (sick) joke?

^^^^ That's what makes this whole Lexana thing so sad. Gosh, I hope she finds out some time soon.

BaK said:
I do not think writers/AM would by any stretch intentionally have her
character assosiated with anything mean, deeply negative, causing
justified hatred..

Well that's what I'm really fearful of. What was that that Gough said, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". I dont want to see Lana doing anything that is going to come across as being vindictive to Clark.

The whole "hatred" thing is on the "client" side..
(in computer lingo).. Meaning "fans".. The way their "flawed" perception
works and stuff..

That's because we see Smallville through the eyes of Clark and therefore no ne can relate to what Lana is about.

So this will be almost like an ultimate challenge, puting her in the
"evil doer lair", upping it to the utmost.. Her "walk on the dark side"..
Of course, she will never come "clean" out of it for "fans" who already
"rationaly" dislike her.. That's a given..

That's why I hope that she's playing Lex and she has some real reason for entering into this relationship so soon after she breaks up with the love of her life.

What makes it the most interesting is, that Lex is still "half way to hell",
and will she and how contribute to shaping his further fall..

Once she turns her back on him, he will plummet, because she really is the only thing that's keeping him in touch with his light side.

About "more details" - sorry, can't, that's just umm, too zen to explain.. :)

What a copout. That's no fair. :(

avidreader said:
^^^^ That's what makes this whole Lexana thing so sad. Gosh, I hope she finds out some time soon.

Certainly won't be this season.

She's just in a confused state and turned to lex. Things will resolve by season 6 midway

Super_Ludacris said:
She's just in a confused state and turned to lex. Things will resolve by season 6 midway

Yup, that's when they'll start a Lex/Marha relationship.:eek:

Dear lord, I even scared myself.:(

Super_Ludacris said:

Nope! After just rewatching Fragile, I'm sticking by my theory. She's playing Lex.

Unfortunately, the only motivation I can come up with at the moment is that she wants to show Clark that she's just as trustworthy and capable of keeping his secret as Chloe is.

Pretty damn good sum up of where's Lana at imo from Sweet..

The year starts off great - no more secrets, no more lies. You are finally with the one person in the world that you always thought was meant for you. Then things change. He begins to pull away from you. He begins not to want to touch you. You are supportive and understanding. You are there for him. His father dies. You are by his side. He doesn't even want you to hold his hand. In spite of this you go to the pawnshops in the slums of Metropolis to find his father's watch. You let him know that you're there for him. You not only tell him that you love him but that you love him with all of your heart. What does he do when he say's that - nothing. Then you ask him - do you still love me? He says - I've always loved you. I always will. No matter what happens. What is that suppose to mean? Then at the Talon you hint that the two of you have an opportunity to be alone together and he blows you off. What is your response - you tell him that you'll wait for as long as it takes. You are telling him that you are committed. A day later - he looks you right in the eye and he tells you that he doesn't love you.

Now you've been working with someone else. You haven't always gotten along but he has never done anything to directly hurt you. At least nothing you know about. Your former boyfriend doesn't like him but he has never told you why? This other person knows how important it is to you to find out about the spaceship that nearly killed you. He even helps you find out about it. Whereas your former boyfriend wanted you to forget about it. This other person show appreciation for your feelings. He listens to you.

Maybe, just maybe you were wrong about the first guy all along. People make mistakes. You are unsure about your feelings. You need to ssort things out. Being affectionate with this person is one way of doing this.

Now having said all this and I've said this before - Lionel said it best - Lana Lang will never love you because the people closest to you know what in your heart. A child doesn't know that a flame can hurt them until they actually touch it. Lana is going to have to get close to Lex before she understands who he is. I'm afraid she going to have to learn the hard way. As is Clark, he going to have to learn the hard way that he should never have pushed Lana away. Jor-El told Clark when he resurrected him that the lessons we learn from pain are the lessons that stay with us. Right now this is true for both Lana and Clark and for us.

Oh god bless those little clana children at Sweet :). They have such a optimistic view of things like the Democratic Party in 2004................or me a few years ago before the real world clouded my life :(

That's a very interesting summation BaK. Thanks for sharing it!

avidreader said:
Nope! After just rewatching Fragile, I'm sticking by my theory. She's playing Lex.

Unfortunately, the only motivation I can come up with at the moment is that she wants to show Clark that she's just as trustworthy and capable of keeping his secret as Chloe is.

What was it about Fragile that made you think Lana's playing Lex?

triplet said:
What was it about Fragile that made you think Lana's playing Lex?

She's not. Lets face it Lana's not the smarts girl in TV.

I know this is nothing new and if it's already been posted......I'm sorry, but I'm too lazy to search.

This is from Watch with Kristen:

I know you thought you'd seen the last of Jonathan Kent, but he's back before the season ends. This week, a friend of Clark's tries to kill Lex in an attempt to get him out of Lana's life. Unfortunately, I think the plan backfires. But Lex is in trouble again before the season finale, and this time, his woes are directly related to Milton Fine.

Pffft...... of course it backfires. Everyone knows you can't kill Lex. What kind of cliffhanger is that?

Okay, that's my addition to the discussion of tonight's epi that I'm going to miss because my son has a music program. Ah well, let me know how it goes. I want some good stuff too not that "That episode was crap and what's with the fillers?"

Details people I want details.:)

Super_Ludacris said:
Oh god bless those little clana children at Sweet :).
Actually, you should be able to tell by reading it that it ain't some kid's rant..

And his name/nick probably proves it - oldmankent ;)

BaK said:
Pretty damn good sum up of where's Lana at imo from Sweet..

The year starts off great - no more secrets, no more lies. You are finally with the one person in the world that you always thought was meant for you. Then things change. He begins to pull away from you. He begins not to want to touch you. You are supportive and understanding. You are there for him. His father dies. You are by his side. He doesn't even want you to hold his hand. In spite of this you go to the pawnshops in the slums of Metropolis to find his father's watch. You let him know that you're there for him. You not only tell him that you love him but that you love him with all of your heart. What does he do when he say's that - nothing. Then you ask him - do you still love me? He says - I've always loved you. I always will. No matter what happens. What is that suppose to mean? Then at the Talon you hint that the two of you have an opportunity to be alone together and he blows you off. What is your response - you tell him that you'll wait for as long as it takes. You are telling him that you are committed. A day later - he looks you right in the eye and he tells you that he doesn't love you.

Now you've been working with someone else. You haven't always gotten along but he has never done anything to directly hurt you. At least nothing you know about. Your former boyfriend doesn't like him but he has never told you why? This other person knows how important it is to you to find out about the spaceship that nearly killed you. He even helps you find out about it. Whereas your former boyfriend wanted you to forget about it. This other person show appreciation for your feelings. He listens to you.

Maybe, just maybe you were wrong about the first guy all along. People make mistakes. You are unsure about your feelings. You need to ssort things out. Being affectionate with this person is one way of doing this.

Now having said all this and I've said this before - Lionel said it best - Lana Lang will never love you because the people closest to you know what in your heart. A child doesn't know that a flame can hurt them until they actually touch it. Lana is going to have to get close to Lex before she understands who he is. I'm afraid she going to have to learn the hard way. As is Clark, he going to have to learn the hard way that he should never have pushed Lana away. Jor-El told Clark when he resurrected him that the lessons we learn from pain are the lessons that stay with us. Right now this is true for both Lana and Clark and for us.

This sums it up perfectly. Every Lana-hater needs to take a good look at this to see that her character isn't acting whiny or *****y or anything like that, but realistic and understandeable. Just like Clark had Lana-blinders on for years, people here have Clark-blinders on. They need to look at this whole relationship from Lana's point of view. And this right here shows just how pathetic their ignorance is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"