The Amazing Spider-Man (500) Days of Waiting for "The Amazing Spider-Man" continued... - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A happy, yet sad thought (closer to aging man)

I've never seen a militant anti-TASM attitude from that poster, he's a spider-man fan, of course he's looking forward to seeing a new SM movie.

Who said he was militant-anti-TASM? He is however extremely pro-Raimi and rarely voices his own opinion with original thought. I'm trying to get him to open up. And seriously, what do you care? I wasn't asking you anything.

Who said he was militant-anti-TASM? He is however extremely pro-Raimi and rarely voices his own opinion with original thought. I'm trying to get him to open up. And seriously, what do you care? I wasn't asking you anything.

eh, I have yet to see anything impressive about your posts, I wouldn't be so quick to insult another poster with such a scathing insult.
He is harmless, whereas you are proving yourself to be aggressive and insulting.
I doubt you are quite so concerned with improving his posting, so much as taking the piss out of his opinions, given that you seem to hang out in the 'I love the Raimi films' thread slagging the films off.

edit: you also seem to have some kind of confrontational attitude about putting people into opposing camps, as if to like the Raimi films is to be against the reboot, I mean, I have seen no evidence that he is anti-TASM, why would you think he is not looking forward to the new film?

eh, I have yet to see anything impressive about your posts, I wouldn't be so quick to insult another poster with such a scathing insult.

Ahh, yes because you are the authority on impressive posts. Of course. And please watch what you say...I've never used any sort of a 'scathing insult' towards anyone and it's entirely inappropriate of you to make such an accusation against me.

He is harmless, whereas you are proving yourself to be aggressive and insulting.
I doubt you are quite so concerned with improving his posting, so much as taking the piss out of his opinions, given that you seem to hang out in the 'I love the Raimi films' thread slagging the films off.

"Aggressive and insulting?" Do you even know what you're talking about? I have done no such thing. I have no desire to improve his posting but rather open up a dialgue with him about TASM. It's absolutely none of your business. I was never talking to you and somehow you've ended up on the defensive about something that doesn't even concern you and have taken up attacking me instead and putting words in my mouth. Maybe you should try laying off the aggression.

You're just ignorant and probably haven't read any of my posts otherwise you'd know that while I am very upset and disappointed at how SM3 turned out, I have always credited SM1 as being a great origin story with an epic first half followed by a mediocre second. And I have always stated that SM2 is not only the best CBM of all time but also one of my favorite movies.

edit: you also seem to have some kind of confrontational attitude about putting people into opposing camps, as if to like the Raimi films is to be against the reboot, I mean, I have seen no evidence that he is anti-TASM, why would you think he is not looking forward to the new film?

It's not diffuclt to see that most people who are pro-Raimi are against or at least hesitant about the reboot. I'm not about separating people into camps but loyalties fall on sides no matter what. I have no confrontational attitude and again I don't know where you're getting this wild idea from. I was trying to have a discussion with someone else and not you.

Last edited:
'(he) rarely voices his own opinion with original thought'

That is what I would call a scathing insult, and I guess other sensible minded people would too.
There are such concepts as tact and manners, which you seem to be wholly ignorant of.

Anyway, I am done talking to you.

'(he) rarely voices his own opinion with original thought'

That is what I would call a scathing insult, and I guess other sensible minded people would too.
There are such concepts as tact and manners, which you seem to be wholly ignorant of.

Anyway, I am done talking to you.

Um, that quote was not an insult...it's called an observation. And most sensible minded people would agree that I was not attacking him. I've never attacked anyone on this board and I have no desire to start.

The only one being ignorant is you. That again, is just an observation, not an insult. You've probably never read any of my posts and decided to make accusations against me based on your one view of something.

I'm glad you're done talking to me...I was never interested in talking to you in the first place. Cheers! :woot:

Um, that quote was not an insult...it's called an observation. And most sensible minded people would agree that I was not attacking him. I've never attacked anyone on this board and I have no desire to start.

Dude, hate to break it to you, but insults are observations, even apart from being rude, it's against the rules to go about insulting other posters.

Dude, hate to break it to you, but insults are observations, even apart from being rude, it's against the rules to go about insulting other posters.

I thought you were done talking to me??

Anyways, I did NOT make a 'scathing insult' to him. That's your opinion of what I wrote and I'm telling you, I made an observation and it was not an insult.

If anything, you are attacking me for no reason whatsoever and taking my question towards the poster in a negative way, when I never intended for it to be a negative question. It was an attempt to open a discussion with him. End of story.

I'm not 'attacking' you, I'm defending a long time poster from your attack.
He is a nice, polite poster with lots of enthusiasm for the material, who has an extensive knowledge of the comic books, there is no need to insult him like that.

Some people post essay type replies, others post in a manner that is more like everyday conversation, some do both, I would say that SMH12 posts more in the way of having pleasant everyday conversations with people about the material.
If you don't like that method of posting, that's your business, there's no need to insult him because you feel he should post in a different manner.

I'm not 'attacking' you, I'm defending a long time poster from your attack.
He is a nice, polite poster with lots of enthusiasm for the material, who has an extensive knowledge of the comic books, there is no need to insult him like that.

Some people post essay type replies, others post in a manner that is more like everyday conversation, some do both, I would say that SMH12 posts more in the way of having pleasant everyday conversations with people about the material.
If you don't like that method of posting, that's your business, there's no need to insult him because you feel he should post in a different manner.

For the last time, I was not attacking him nor insulting him. There's nothing to defend. I'm well aware of his 'posting' style and also his knowledge of the comics. That is why I am trying to engage in an actual conversation with him...and get him to open up. NOT because I don't like his posting style but rather because I want to hear what he has to say. He never really posts anything but short posts with little or no explanation behind them. By engaging him to answer a question I'm hoping he'll provide more info and discuss more about what he likes and maybe what he doesn't like. Isn't that the purpose of a forum?? Again, dude, I've no idea what I can say to prove to you (not that I need to) that I wasn't insulting the guy.

For the last time, I was not attacking him nor insulting him. There's nothing to defend. I'm well aware of his 'posting' style and also his knowledge of the comics. That is why I am trying to engage in an actual conversation with him...and get him to open up. NOT because I don't like his posting style but rather because I want to hear what he has to say. He never really posts anything but short posts with little or no explanation behind them. By engaging him to answer a question I'm hoping he'll provide more info and discuss more about what he likes and maybe what he doesn't like. Isn't that the purpose of a forum?? Again, dude, I've no idea what I can say to prove to you (not that I need to) that I wasn't insulting the guy.

As I said, your approach in attempting to open up a wider spectrum of communication lacked tact, manners and was aggresively confrontational.
This is not the best way to engage people in communication, especially if you are trying to improve the conversation, when you approach people in this manner they are more liable to ignore you, as it can look like you are just wanting to take the piss.

He might not have been anti-TASM, but he wasn't as excited about the movie either. He said "not much longer guys!" which sounds more excited than some of his other posts. Anyway, everyone just calm down. There is clearly some kinda misunderstanding, so don't accuse each other or attack or whatever you want to call it.

He might not have been anti-TASM, but he wasn't as excited about the movie either. He said "not much longer guys!" which sounds more excited than some of his other posts. Anyway, everyone just calm down. There is clearly some kinda misunderstanding, so don't accuse each other or attack or whatever you want to call it.

I would expect him to be excited about the movie coming out, it would be rare to find a die hard Spider-man fan who would not be, even if they had some pessimisim about it being as good as the previous series.
I am like that myself, wondering if and how they will equal or surpass a lot of the things that the Raimi series got right, but I'm still extremely excited to see any kind of new Spider-man movie, and I'm sure he is the same.

I would expect him to be excited about the movie coming out, any die hard Spider-man fan would be, even if they had some pessimisim about it being as good as the previous series.
I am like that myself, wondering if and how they will equal or surpass a lot of the things that the Raimi series got right, but I'm still extremely excited to see any kind of new Spider-man movie, and I'm sure he is the same.
Yeah that's true. So, 99 days? 98? We're almost down to 3 months

As I said, your approach in attempting to open up a wider spectrum of communication lacked tact, manners and was aggresively confrontational.
This is not the best way to engage people in communication, especially if you are trying to improve the conversation, when you approach people in this manner they are more liable to ignore you, as it can look like you are just wanting to take the piss.

My questions to SMH12 was as follows, "So, you're actually looking forward to TASM?"

This is neither rude nor aggressively confrontational nor does it lack tact. It is a simple, straightforward question designed to enagage someone in conversation. Your claims of me being any of those things is unwarranted and without proof other than your own opinion. There is nothing negative about my question. The only one being aggressive here is you towards me. I'm asking you nicely...to stop.

96 in a couple hours ( how do you put smilies on an iPod or mobile device? I think :yay: is one)

The untold story begins in
days

AmazingSpider-Man096.jpg

I love the artwork on this cover and such a great story to boot.

SMH12 has voiced very positive opinions about many TASM related stuff, now chill guys! :up:

EDIT: SMH12 even seems to be one of the most excited ones here nowadays I must add.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back