The Amazing Spider-Man (500) Days of Waiting for "The Amazing Spider-Man" continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That story was pure irony and good fortune for Wilbur, nice of him to save Spidey
Paid $60 for a copy of 238 signed by Roger Stern! My mother promptly scolded me on how terrible I am with money.
Man, that's something you should avoid doing if your wage is less than $2,000 a week

days left​

AmazingSpider-Man237.jpg
Fun issue. :up:

That story was pure irony and good fortune for Wilbur, nice of him to save Spidey
Man, that's something you should avoid doing if your wage is less than $2,000 a week

Hahaha I did that back in high school, didnt even have a job. I think it was christmas money.
Regardless I'm glad I did it and I'd do it again if I had the money. Which I don't...cant even remember the last time I bought comics.

^^ Do you plan on ever being more again? If you ever have the money, you should.

Some of my MANY MANY MANY MANY comics I got for good prices. ASM issue 300 for $45, ASM ANnual #1 for 50% off from $75.00, etc.

Last edited:
Hahaha I did that back in high school, didnt even have a job. I think it was christmas money.
Regardless I'm glad I did it and I'd do it again if I had the money. Which I don't...cant even remember the last time I bought comics.
I see. Wish I had a copy of one of those signed books

Defenitely! Especiall during Roger Stern's run.

Agreed. I think his only real downfall, from a popularity perspective, is that he's a Green Goblin replacement, and obviously designed as such. Knockoffs don't do so well in the long-run, which is why I think most of the new villains created in the last few decades either haven't really had any staying power or risen to the popularity level of the classic villains.

I think Hobgoblin is one of the spin-off VIllains that defenitely worked well throughout the years though.

I think Hobgoblin is one of the spin-off VIllains that defenitely worked well throughout the years though.

Agreed. I just think that being a knockoff prevented him from being as popular as the Big 3. Hobgoblin is a GOOD Green Goblin knock-off, unlike most other knockoff villains. I'd say that Carnage is another example of a popular spin-off villain.

^^ Do you plan on ever being more again? If you ever have the money, you should.

Some of my MANY MANY MANY MANY comics I got for good prices. ASM issue 300 for $45, ASM ANnual #1 for 50% off from $75.00, etc.

Haha oh I most definitely plan on buying more again.
I just don't have the money to spare with groceries, gas, and whatnots...when moneys less tight I'm gonna splurge and spend an ungodly amount just to catch up on everything I've been missing.

It's one of my favorite stories, though I really like Tarantula, gonna miss him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back