Iron Man 7/6/07 - Jon on MySpace, dispels rumors, talks villains, SDCC

Tricksy blog,who knows what he is really up to,what he did is create some suspense and chatter

I hope whatever is shown at SDCC gets online

Aw, I am gutted Jackson isn't Fury :(

Still I am looking forwards to this movie immensly.

So Who's The Main Villian ?

Is It's IRON MAN's Arch-Nemesis The Mandarin ?

I don't understand Favreau and Marvel. The Sam Jackson story has been out there for what 3 weeks now? In his previous myspace update Favreau made no attempt to dispell those rumors then. So why wait so long to say it's false now?:confused: Very strange...

The interest in the movie went sky high when the news broke.It'd be such a bummer if it turns out Jackson isn't playing Fury.:(

Very good point. Why didn't they shoot this down faster? If Sam Jackson is out, it'll do nothing but hurt the hype for this production. I hope everyone else here is right and it's just word play on Jon's part.

the more i read the other posts, the more i think it could be a word-play by favreau too

if SHIELD is being setup in this movie then maybe Fury is still a colonel/general which would be a nice loophole. swank would be nice arm-candy cameo instead of a SHIELD agent. and favs being a security guard could be the truth

I actually have an old old thread from him when he first started in here. It's not hard to find.

Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger. Mandarin won't be the main villain.

Mandarin is gonna be intro'd in this film. We might hear of his existence but never see him but he'll be the main baddie as the franchise moves forward. This franchise's first story is spread out over 3 films though the films will stand alone fine too.

maybe he meant that sams role will be more than a cameo.

Jon Favreau

M/40,
CALIFORNIA
Instant Message
Send Message

Posted: Jul 9, 2007 6:04 PM
Robin III wrote:
Hey Jon,
Thanks for the update. I am slightly confused as
I tend to be, but You say you will be sharing a sat
with the hulk and marvel at the con, but Comic Con
states you guys will be there Thursday. This worries
me as I will only be there fri and sat. I was really
hoping to catch you all and the cool stuff I'm sure
you will be bringing.
I will be at Comicon to present footage at the Marvel panel on Saturday. I will try to be there in person on Thursday for the Paramount panel, but I am pretty buried in editorial.
Was wondering this myself.

^^^

Have you seen pics from the set of Iron Monger vs. Iron Man scene shooting?

Dammit!

I want answers and not more questions! :p

-TNC

Jon Favreau
M/40,
CALIFORNIA
Instant Message
Send Message
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 11:11 AM I will make this as clear as possible. I will be there with Robert on Saturday in hall H sharing a slot with Hulk. I don't know if I will be there in person on Thursday. There will be no cast there on Thursday as it stands now. I understand what the Comicon website says. It is wrong. Saturday in hall H where the schedule says Hulk is where I will be. I am trying to update the Comicon materials.

Jon Favreau
M/40,
CALIFORNIA
Instant Message
Send Message
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 9:03 PM
It will be Saturday from 4:15 to 5:15 in hall H. It will be a full hour with lots of cast members. Look for upcoming updates on the Comicon site. You know I always give you the real. That's what this group is for.

Don't mind me, just doing my job. Currently, the posted schedule has Hulk in the hall under the Uni "banner", glad to have this cleared. I'm loving "lots of cast members".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"