Iron Man 4/28/07 Jon Updates MySpace Group

the reel chris

Iron Man's detailer
Reaction score
MySpace

Jon Favreau

I just got back in town. The company has been on the road for many weeks. We started off in the mountains of Lone Pine which doubled for Afghanistan. We then moved to Edwards Air Force Base. We finally closed out the out of town work with Fontana, CA.

Let me confirm a few things: The movie will contain both the gray suit and the gold and red. The light you see in the photo on Robert's chest in the USA Today article is the chest piece glowing through his shirt. He is in captivity and forging the mask of the Mark 1. Both suits have been built practically by Winston Studios and are busily at work as we speak. We are exploring ideas for teaser trailers, though no date has been decided. We are planning to attend San Diego Comicon. Bridges is bald and plays Stane. The movie is on schedule and could not be going better.

Interesting. Somebody should ask him about the status on the Mandarin to put some of the speculation as far as that is concerned to rest.

LOL, funny you mention that, I made a point of doing so in that thread!

Did you list any of the suspects which includes everyone from Shaun Toub to Kiefer Sutherland?

Ha, unfortunately no. I thought about asking after Toub specifically, but didn't want to press the matter. He's answered questions of mine previously when I left them short and simple. I should have posted the following, I don't think he likes having to read through paragraphs.

Hey Jon, who's playing the Mandarin?

A. Shaun Toub
B. Jeff Bridges in a highly original and surprising reveal
C. Terrence Howard in a highly original and somewhat-more surprising reveal
D. Dave Andrews (who?)
E. Bill Smitrovich
F. Drunken Tony Stark and a huge mirror
G. Gwenyth Paltrow
H. Chris Martin
I. Stan Winston
J. Whoever's playing Happy
K. Leslie Bibb
L. Stan "The Man" Lee
M. John Debney
N. None of the above, but he's a:
  1. Chinese guy by the name of...
  2. Other Eastern-Asian ethnicity guy by the name of...
  3. More of a Western-Central-Asian ethnicity guy by the name of...
  4. Freakin' Robot
Did I miss anyone? (Hoping I don't offend anyone with N1, 2, 3, just playing around).

Edit: I'm kinda thinking he'll revisit the thread Sunday and maybe address a question or two, if anyone wants to give it a try.

Interesting bit about the chest piece:up:can't wait to see the red and gold armour especially with Winston working on it:up:

I knew it was glowing through his shirt. Damn, I'm excited about this film.

Favreau makes me smile every time I see news coming from this project. It's awesome to see someone did a Raimi and stuck by what makes Marvel's characters so memorable. If the acting is half as good Jon will have earned a butt planted firmly in the theater seat.

Excellent news, and the pic actually gets me more excited to see this film. After Spidey 3 this is the super hero film I dying to see :D

Great update, I'm very happy to see Jon still gives updates on his myspace, I could imagine how busy he is filming this huge movie, and to take time out to update the fan's is incredible.
I'm also gald he clearified that pic of Robert, when you first see the photo, you think the chest piece is on the shirt, not under.
I get more excited everyday I see new photos and comments from the cast.

Sounds fantastic...hopefully they have a Teaser Trailer officially out by CC time, or they show a bigger and longer trailer at CC (ala Spider-Man 3)...if so, LEAK IT SOMEONE!

CAH

Seriously, how great must it feel to be Jon Favreau at this point? In a place where every little decision made about a movie is mocked and ridiculed, and every mistake is dwelled upon and obsessed about constantly, I can't begin to imagine how GOOD it must feel to be someone, who admittedly doesn't have THAT much experience in the director's chair, and the films he HAS done are mostly family-oriented comedy and definitely hasn't attempted anything of this scope before, and yet he seems to be making all the right decisions so far, the buzz on the film has been overwhelmingly positive so far, the casting choices have been liked, even LOVED by most of the fans, and even the most disliked casting choice in the film is still better received than the most choices in other films.

The whole thing is CrazyAwesome, but if this film ends up sucking he is going to be absolutely CRUCIFIED, probably more than any other director so far because expectations are so high, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case so far.

Rock on, dude.

Cool, Can't wait to see more pics! (more Wallpapers :D)

I hope first teaser-trailer will get attached to TF as:

A) It's another Paramount summer blockbuster
B) The shot footage will be done by this time
C) There is no better adressed movie (machine=the same aspect)

yea seriously

i just cant believe its actually happening

and everything is going great

now...for a list of what can go wrong:
1.THE MANDARIN

that is all

WE NEED MAGIC RINGS!

seriously

iron man is science
mandarin is magic

it just works

yea seriously

i just cant believe its actually happening

and everything is going great

now...for a list of what can go wrong:
1.THE MANDARIN

that is all

WE NEED MAGIC RINGS!

seriously

iron man is science
mandarin is magic

it just works

Mandy's rings were never magic, just some alien tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"