9.17 - Checkmate - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SrsBsns

Civilian
Reaction score
Episode #9-17: "Checkmate"

UPDATED 1/11/10: Title Posted. Please do not post this on other websites without a link to KryptonSite.com.
- With a title like this it's likely a safe bet to think that Pam Grier's Amanda Waller character will be involved. In the comics, Checkmate is a covert operations group within the DC Universe. With Checkmate involved, could the Suicide Squad be that far behind?

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Im interested to see how this Checkmate/Suicide Squard turns out.

Are they going to bring back plastique?

I hope so to be honest. I really liked Plastique in Smallville.

I pray to god its the suicide squad that would be so good. The episode of JLU titled Task Force X with the squad in was brilliant, wouldnt it be interesting to have an episode form the villains persective on Smallville?

IMO there's no way they could possibly do the Suicide Squad justice

1: the SS isn't made up entirely of Superman villains; there are other villains who haven't even begun their careers yet
2: The SS isn't made up of solely villains; there are 1 or 2 heroes
3: what kind of suicide missions could they go on this early their lives?? infiltrate the fortress??
4: the show's record in doing team stories is mixed at best

nice title, definately cant wait to see what they have instore with Pam Grier's Amanda waller and checkmate group. Should be interesting to see what comes from this in spoilers. Since episodes 17 and 18 are being written right now we will likely know by the end of the month some spoilers.

There's a Suicide Squad film in the works so I wonder if that'll hinder any plans to have them on the show.

well yea there is a sucide squad movie in the works but there really hasnt been any developments moving on it for months i believe. Though who knows even if this episode would feature that group not. Maybe it will just be the govt group checkmate but they just have regular agents working for them and not be any members of sucide squad groups or what not. We will see once we get some details on the episode. It will probably be filming 3-4 weeks.

Saying that a DC based movie is on the way is like saying we're getting a new Superman movie. It's constantly in a state of flux and we are never sure if it's ever going to actually be released.

The only character to have a pretty steady stream of movies based on him is Batman.

totally i blows that dc and wb just cant get on peg with each other.

www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm
Guest Stars: Pam Grier (Amanda Waller), Phil Morris (John Jones/Martian Manhunter)
UPDATED 1/30/10: Actress Pam Grier posted on Twitter that she just "worked with the brilliant Phil Morris" on Smallville; in doing so, revealing that this is the episode featuring the return of the Martian Manhunter. (Thanks to KevStar!)
Sweet news here amanda waller and john jones. Should be interesting.

totally cant wait to see how waller and checkmate turn out.

Hey, any episode that has Amanda Waller played by Pam Grier and Martian Manhunter played by Phil Morris in it is always going to be a good episode!

yup john episodes have been good so far, as for waller so cant wait to see what pam grier brings to the table.

Looks like we got another new writer for this season. I wish this guy best of luck for the episode:
62497824.jpg

Looking forward to Clarks and Wallers conversation. So she knows that he is the blur, we will find out if she wants Clarks help or to expose him.

wow. this organization really loves chess...

Looking forward to Clarks and Wallers conversation. So she knows that he is the blur, we will find out if she wants Clarks help or to expose him.
I going to wait. because looking at Metallo who saw what Clark looks like but just knows him as the Blur, and so did Toyman who saw what Clark looks like but didn't know who he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"