A Christmas Story 2

I'm not even clicking the link. Just reading the title of this thread filled me with nausea.

LIUKIN-CRASH.gif

And it's going straight to DVD? This one's going to be a holiday gem. :o
300-christmasstory2-v2-jpg_155914.jpg

I don't really see the issue. There was already one sequel, in terms of My Summer Story. Jean Shepard wrote a lot...and the characters are fantastic.

Fighting with candy canes.. yeah that looks.. so hilarious. :|

..They're using the leg lamp again? So what, is it a remake or a sequel? A ..Requel?

I want to meet the guy who said "Hey, we should make another Christmas Story movie"....

Maybe we should all shoot our eyes out.

Trailer for A Christmas Story 2

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94418

The full trailer for A Christmas Story 2 is now online, courtesy of Yahoo! Movies. The film, which goes direct to DVD and Blu-ray on October 30th, is touted as the "official" sequel to 1983's A Christmas Story (a sequel was previously attempted in 1994 with It Runs in the Family, later released on home video as My Summer Story).

"The original, traditional, one-hundred-percent, red-blooded, two-fisted, All-American Christmas continues five years later," reads the official press release, "with Ralphie (Braeden Lemasters), Randy (Valin Shinyei), Mom (Stacey Travis), and the Old Man (Daniel Stern). This time, Ralphie has his eyes fixed on a car. But trouble is sure to follow."

The Warner Bros. Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet Digital Copy combo pack presents the film in its 1.78:1 aspect ratio with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. You can purchase it on Blu-ray by clicking here and on DVD by clicking here.

:awesome:

2aje780.jpg

The original is a classic. I have it on DVD and watch it every December. But does it really need a sequel? REALLY?

It doesn't say what year it takes place, I just hope they don't go with fart jokes to get a laugh (then again maybe they'll need it for this turd).

Good to see Daniel Stern and I expect to see this one soon on Comedy Central.

There was Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss, too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098023/

Which I remember thinking was pretty good when I was a kid.

This looks like a cash grab rehashing the same storylines from the first movie. Even bringing back the leg lamp? Really? I hope Jean Shepherd's estate made a ton of money letting them do this so that at least someone will benefit from it.

What I did after watching that trailer: [YT]-rfhwpQf4WY[/YT]

I'll send this to the relatives I hate.

At least they're trying, I suppose. I like the 80's aesthetic.

When I first heard about this, I thought that for sure this was a joke. That some guy simply just made a phony movie poster not unlike the stuff you see on Cracked.com.

Then I saw the IMDB page.

And then the trailer.

And realizing that this all-too obvious cash-in on a beloved Christmas classic was actually for real made me weep for humanity.

Good news is that the overwhelming number of dislikes for it on YouTube (1,317 and rising) has completely restored my hope. :woot:

Last edited:
The fake Ralphie gave me the creeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"