A DBZ MMORPG, Why on earth

Super_Child

Sidekick
Reaction score
Has a big company not made this yet, with the surge in popularity of MMORPGS over the past few years and an increase in the amount of people with high speed internet, not to mention millions of DBZ fans. I for one am shocked that there hasn't been one made yet. It would be the best game ever on the planet period if done right. Using one of the Budokai's graphics engines I'm sure they could easily make it. Think of it, you start off as a sayain child or any other race in the DBZU, and work your way up. Imagine how it would feel to finally transform into a ledgendary Super Sayai-Jin after months of training against other real people :D

We need to get a pettition started to allert whoever would make it, unless theres already a petition or its in development and I don't know about it. So your thoughts, does anyone know of any 3rd party dbz mmorpgs and I'm not talking about silly forum roleplays I mean a real game.

Personally I would rather see a Naruto MMORPG before a DBZ one.

A DBZ MMORPG would rule, it would be a dream come true.

Guyverjay said:
Nah Id rather have a DBZ one:o

A DBZ MMORPG would end up being the same thing over and over again, the series isn't varied enough to give a really deep experience.

With Naruto on the other hand you have almost limitless possibilities, you could create your own villages, styles, techniques, bloodlines, summons, pills, weapons, seals and so on. The moves would be distinctly different too, instead of just several energy blasts with different names.

I'm all for a Naruto one but DBZ came before so I want a DBZ one now. They can make it as varied as they want by adding db related quests etc, its not like the game would just have to be : meet someone get into ki blast fight end fight then do it all over again.

Whoops I almost forgot I found a 2d isometric DBZ MMORP its pretty basic but i'm already addicted to it. Heres the link http://rpg.naget.com/

My name on it is Yokito. Guyver I think you'll like it.

Your power level starts at 1 mines 7 :o and you fight monsters and battle people in an arena etc its cool, no animations tho it reads out the battle to you.

How do you start? need to know HOW!...........HOW!
Must play, must play!

well, there's this mystical rule book that says "all DBZ games, with the exception of budokai, will suck." so, I'd rather not see the mmorpg

lemme put that another way: designing a good game, nevermind one as complicated as an mmorpg, costs a lot of money, ALOT of money, and takes alot of time

paying to liscense a property, of any cartoon, movie, whatever, also costs ALOT of money

those two things together would costs more then the games sales would ever warrant

Super_Child said:
I'm all for a Naruto one but DBZ came before so I want a DBZ one now. They can make it as varied as they want by adding db related quests etc, its not like the game would just have to be : meet someone get into ki blast fight end fight then do it all over again.

Hmmm, DBZ-style quests? You mean like collecting the dragonballs to wish someone/something back to life? Or trying to stop a super powerful villain from blowing up the earth, or....well that's about it, unless you count things like Goku and Piccolo trying to get their drivers licenses.

Super_Child said:
Whoops I almost forgot I found a 2d isometric DBZ MMORP its pretty basic but i'm already addicted to it. Heres the link http://rpg.naget.com/

My name on it is Yokito. Guyver I think you'll like it.

Your power level starts at 1 mines 7 :o and you fight monsters and battle people in an arena etc its cool, no animations tho it reads out the battle to you.

Im playing it now
icon10.gif

GammaBeast said:
Hmmm, DBZ-style quests? You mean like collecting the dragonballs to wish someone/something back to life? Or trying to stop a super powerful villain from blowing up the earth, or....well that's about it, unless you count things like Goku and Piccolo trying to get their drivers licenses.

Bah you imagination is obviously limited if you can't think of better things than that with a universe that combine magic, myth,sci fi and martial arts

Guyverjay said:
Bah you imagination is obviously limited if you can't think of better things than that with a universe that combine magic, myth,sci fi and martial arts

I can come up with something more creative, but out of all the DBZ games made thus far, no one has done anything really innovative, and in the end it's them who will need to come up with something.

I trust fans for something of depth, but not something of high quality.

I'm glad I saw this post. I just registered under the username Alexia_Night_Hawk. I know, not very Japanese-sounding, but I couldn't think of anything unless I used the names of characters form other shows. I'm looking forward to playing it.

Hey, Super child what PL are you? i just turnd 27

omg ive just read all the info on that od and viewed screen shots, it sounds awesome totally awesome, shame I leant my Copy of HL to a friend. Hmm :(

Hmm... that game seems intresting
I joined and my PL is 6 so far and my name is BRODIEMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"