The unORIGINAL DC Boards Lounge (with pics of beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't feel like repeating this **** again.

No. I don't like it because it is clear Oscar Bait bull ****. Let's take a look at the checklist:

Ugly protagonist. Check.
People playing against type to win awards. Check.
Lots of horrible things happen to the protagonist. Check.
More horrible things happen to the protagonist. Check.
More people playing against type in a role that tries to inspire the protagonist. Check.
More horrible things happen to the protagonist. Check.
Movie ends on an even bigger down note (usually something bad happening to the protagonist). Check.

so ugly people shouldn't be in movies about ****ed up things that actually do happen to them??

I don't get how it's necessarily award-baiting. The movie people didn't even come up with the concept and there aren't any big-name actors who are going to profit from it during award season. At least, not that I'm aware of. At worst, maybe Daniels himself read Push and was like, "I'm gonna make a movie out of this and it's totally gonna get me an Oscar." But that seems unlikely based on what I saw of him in that Daily Show interview.

Womp has thoughts of nothing else at this point.

9 posts left, by the way. :awesome:

Naw, I meant repeating the lounge.

Ah, really? That's sad, I love me the lounge :csad:

Well, if you don't want to, I'll remake it if that's okay with you. 'Cause I love me the lounge, and I don't want to go to community to talk ********.

Who would? Community is offputting and filled with *****ebags. We have a much more manageable *****ebag population around here.

I don't get how it's necessarily award-baiting. The movie people didn't even come up with the concept and there aren't any big-name actors who are going to profit from it during award season. At least, not that I'm aware of. At worst, maybe Daniels himself read Push and was like, "I'm gonna make a movie out of this and it's totally gonna get me an Oscar." But that seems unlikely based on what I saw of him in that Daily Show interview.
That is probably the exact thing that went through his head.

SHOW ME THAT SMILE AGAIN! DON'T WASTE ANOTHER MINUTE ON YOUR CRYIN'!

:awesome:

2gtcc4m.png

This definitely needs to get to Arkham Asylum 2. :p

I'd have been happier with that as an alternate costume than what we got. I mean, seriously. I couldn't even tell the difference between the two.

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Naw, I meant repeating the lounge.

Whatch talking about, Phyllis?

Also, when the new one is up, someone post it on my page or something, since it'll probably go up when I'm at work.

I'll go ahead and slap one together in a Word document if Womp isn't up for it.

Well, technically I'm supposed to close it now. But I don't know what you people have decided about a new one. So now I am confused. :huh:

WomP needs to make it so let him make it. Copy and Paste FTW!

I assume since he hasn't posted again that he's working on it. Otherwise, I have one ready to go that's basically a copy and paste. O Caption, My Caption, I will not let your ship go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"