A real masked vigilante..

T

the_lost_soul

I need your help, this is a serious idea, so I would like your serious input.

Last Halloween I went as The Phantom of the Opera, full, homemade, costume. I had the mask, I was in all black and had a cape. Now I was really having fun with some friends and we were walking around my neighbor hood. Thats when i saw them... The real "Cool Guys" in all their glory with their fake chainsaw... they had a kid cornered, and me being one who used to be a helpless geek, was appauled by the situation. The kids were my age just about, possibly older(I started school a bit early). So i stood there, cape blowing in the wind and I felt empowered to do something I knew was what i had to do.

So I approach the situation and I tap the guy on the shoulder. I grab the chainsaw, its fake mind you, and I throw it onto his lawn. I grab the kid who was scarred ****less, I help him up. So the "chainsaw guy's" friend decides to take a cheap shot and lands me one to the back of the head. I fall, but then get back up, I all out kick the guy in the gut and he falls down. My head is pounding from the cheap shot. The chain saw guy just sits there, confused. I grab a hand full of the a**ole's candy and put it in the scared kid's candy bag. I walk him away and I yell to the jerks, Trick or Treat mother f**kers.

I'm sorry I felt like such a bad ass I had to say that last line. So yeah, doing this I felt great, so I wanted to know. Is the world ready for a real masked Vigilate? Because I'm physically fit and i just bought a Gym membership to train myself for this. I have 3 years of Professional Martial arts as well as years of self dicipline. I have also taken up an urban sport that I enjoy doing very much, Urban Free Flow. If you have seen the people in the nike comercials bouncing off walls and rooftops, thats what i do for my exercise! Please respond to your views.

Remember this is a serious thread.

Btw... I got a bruise the size of a tennis ball on my back and i split open my knuckle, so I know this isn't a game. I take this very seriously.

Vega_9.gif
Why go through all that trouble when you could just use a gun instead. You could also add a crossbow and a flame thrower as well. I suggest you become a good markman with these delightful weapons first and then go out to take a bite out of crime.

the_lost_soul said:
thanks for the serious response.
Bison1.gif
I was being serious, thank you very much. You see, to be a superhero in real life you have to take many things into consideration first. To be a hero is NOT what you do for people, it's what you SACRAFICE for people. You must accept that you will NEVER have a normal life ever again because of the risk involved of loved ones getting hurt. You may never have any relations with friends or intimate relationships. Because if you are successful you WILL make many and I mean MANY dangerous enemies around the world. Many who would do anything to get back at you, even hurt those you love.

Vega_8.gif
With modern forensics and transportation scientist and police CAN track you down with whatever clues you leave behind. Be it just a foot print, a hair, a fiber. I ASSUME, you will bleed in battle right? Well, that will be enough to track you down. Another problem is that a crooked forensics person or cop may betray you to the mafia giving up your secret to them for money, drugs, sex, protection, etc. Take for example what happened to Frank Castle in the Punisher movie. He was sold out by the black guy in the beginning by being offered a payment for all his gambling debts by Howard Saint if he gave up the identity of Otto aka. Frank Castle.

dialog-vega5.gif
Another problem you must consider is after you prevent a crime how will you get away from the scene fast enough? Take Batman for example, not a realistic getaway for him. A batmobile? Like no tire track can be tracked back to Bruce Wayne or Wayne Enterprises. Also, have you noticed in comics how there are NEVER any helicopters following you by air? That does NOT happen in real life. Spider-man for example can easily out-manuever helicopters by swinging between buildings very quickly, but I doubt you can copy him. The Flash, Green Lantern, and Superman can easily out manuever him. Consider these things carefully.

If you can't stand upon the water I will see you on the ocean floor. When you blink do you only find the misery between the lines? Then take my hand and walk with me. Come to me, your sanctuary, I'll gladly accept the gift that I've been granted.

good job :up: and it was nice that you did that for the kid.

the_lost_soul said:
I am still looking for serious input...
vega_5.gif
So what EXACTLY is it you have in mind? We DON'T understand!!

E. Bison, your input was exactly the kind of response i would like to have, I'm seventeen actually. I do parkour and I bench 150, which is almost my body weight. I know i can't stop a bullet but i know i can live after being hit. When i was 13 my dad was hunting while we were camping and i took a bullet to the leg. I know what I'm getting myself into. I believe i can do this. I saw a post on "what if batma were real" in the batman forum, they all had awesome ideas, perhaps i will rekick that forum.

the_lost_soul said:
E. Bison, your input was exactly the kind of response i would like to have, I'm seventeen actually. I do parkour and I bench 150, which is almost my body weight. I know i can't stop a bullet but i know i can live after being hit. When i was 13 my dad was hunting while we were camping and i took a bullet to the leg. I know what I'm getting myself into. I believe i can do this. I saw a post on "what if batma were real" in the batman forum, they all had awesome ideas, perhaps i will rekick that forum.
dialog-vega4.gif
Well are you ready to make the necessary sacrifices to live up to that kind of lifestyle? Are you willing to give up a normal life, a fully-healthy intact body, intimate relationships? Are you aware that being a vigalante is a federal crime in the U.S.? How will you get away from the feds when they begin to hunt you down? You can't swing away like Spidey. You can't run/fly away in light speed like Flash/Green Lantern/Superman. The most believable vigalante in comic books is the Punisher. You would have to live like him and never have a normal life again. Running away from criminals AND the law. How will you get away with this?

To become a vigilante in the real world, you'd need to be in a real bad place where lots of random crimes happen, otherwise I don't see it happening, unless you just wanna get at the a**holes you can in your area like I do. So far I've only got one, it was in the bathroom of a halloween dance last year. I beat a guy who raped one of my friends the year before. Anyway, if you really wanna be a "vigilante", then don't prance around in a costume with a mask, and just aim for guys you can get. If you absolutely have to cover your face, then get a ski mask or something.

master chief has the best avatar ive ever seen

I forgot to mention in this thread (i have another thread running on another forum) that people can do things to a certain extent. I can be in self defense until they attack me and then make a citizens arrest. I wasn't going fo a flashy costume like batman, Simply a jumpsuit with gadgets and tools i would use. Most likely a mask that would relate to a wrestler's maske, a leather zip up one, not with cheapy color ****, just eye holes, that way if i bleed from anywear on my face, it wouldn't drip. Gloves a must and i am currently working with a few friends on designing some legal weapons that i may carry and use.

this is a little wierd, no?
if youre so interested in other peoples welfare, why dont you become a cop or a firefighter?

Besides, what training have you had? I'm willing to bet Police Academy would have you better trained than whatever the hell it is you're trying to do

Dont paint this as a selfless act.........you want thrills
Where are you even from? Is there any crime? Do you live in a big city?

I never said it was a selfless act. I will admit it was such a thrill, and as i was just saying to my friend, " You and I know i love doing things for fun. But why not have fun helping people? I thought i would at least try it!" So yea... I live in a slummy area, not any big city. I plan on living in Los Angles after College so yea....

so... basically, you want to go around beating "bad guys" and taking justice into your own hands just to compensate for all the sh¡te you had to go through when you were younger all the while living your dream fantasy of being a superhero?

those masks, and gadgets and beaten up thugs are not going to substitute the respect you didn't get in earlier times

also take into consideration that villence is a very unhealthy way of chanelling your inner demons

why not trying something productive for a change? there are many other things you can do to become a hero

risking a brutal beat down, or getting shot or even worse: severly beaten, raped and shot is not going to help you or your hometown

and then there's the high chance that most of this is just plain ole BS

And btw - The first step to becoming a vigilante is posting about becoming one on an internet message board. So, good job; step one - complete.

There goes your secret identity

the_lost_soul said:
I forgot to mention in this thread (i have another thread running on another forum) that people can do things to a certain extent. I can be in self defense until they attack me and then make a citizens arrest. I wasn't going fo a flashy costume like batman, Simply a jumpsuit with gadgets and tools i would use. Most likely a mask that would relate to a wrestler's maske, a leather zip up one, not with cheapy color ****, just eye holes, that way if i bleed from anywear on my face, it wouldn't drip. Gloves a must and i am currently working with a few friends on designing some legal weapons that i may carry and use.

I'm the kind of guy who tries to find people who do things that are seriously, morally wrong. Rape, abuse, whatever. So far I've only got one, which kinda dissapoints me 'cause I loved smashing his face in. I don't wait around for random crime 'cause that pretty much never happens, I go the practical route and sadly do what I can after the act has been done. Maybe if I counted hundred dollar bills on the street, I'd catch a mugger, but I don't care about those guys. Probably just trying to get by or want some extra cash. Besides, I don't have hundred dollar bills and I'd prolly lose. If you're really so serious about this, you'd take these people you come by commiting a crime by surprise, not up front giving them the chance to harm you. But hey, there's very low chance of confrontation if you're looking for it.

the_lost_soul said:
dialog-vega5.gif
Are you going for weapons that just submit criminals and make them immobile or do you wanna kill them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"