The real reason this world is such a crappy place.

Kyalesyin said:
I'm an inch taller than you, and a whole lot skinnier, but I rarely get hit. Its all about presentation- you act like you have god-given authority over them and a lot of people back down.
whoa, do you weigh under 100? i haven't been able to obtain/maintain that since i was 16.

i've done self-defence and kickboxing and whatnot, but still if the three of them turned on me, it would be over in a flash. if it was one on one, i'd probably be more okay with getting close... but if it was a group, i'd intervene in other ways, but i just wouldn't jump into it.

I've been on a weight gain diet all my life. Overactive pancreas. It makes me so ill in the winter. I'd kill sometimes to wear a ten.

I did jujutsu for years, and I was in the competition circut for a while, but I hardly ever need to use it. Often a loud voice and some authority is all it takes.

i'd try to help...i wouldn't be able to do much considering i'm small and if they were all guys. but i'd yell and try to bring attention and call the cops.

triplefive said:
whoa, do you weigh under 100? i haven't been able to obtain/maintain that since i was 16.

i've done self-defence and kickboxing and whatnot, but still if the three of them turned on me, it would be over in a flash. if it was one on one, i'd probably be more okay with getting close... but if it was a group, i'd intervene in other ways, but i just wouldn't jump into it.

Kick boxing isn't full contact, it's a sport rather than a fighting style. Try something like jiujitsu or hapkido that have been battlefield mainstays for hundreds of years :up:

hippy fascist said:
Kick boxing isn't full contact, it's a sport rather than a fighting style. Try something like jiujitsu or hapkido that have been battlefield mainstays for hundreds of years :up:

It worked for me.

Kyalesyin said:
I've been on a weight gain diet all my life. Overactive pancreas. It makes me so ill in the winter. I'd kill sometimes to wear a ten.
:csad: :e-hug: Don't you think it's sad that some girls would kill to have your problem? :down

How many calories do you have to consume every day?

Kyalesyin said:

I did jujutsu for years, and I was in the competition circut for a while, but I hardly ever need to use it. Often a loud voice and some authority is all it takes.

Exactly, half of all combat is psychological

triplefive said:
:csad: :e-hug: Don't you think it's sad that some girls would kill to have your problem? :down

How many calories do you have to consume every day?

It is kinda sad... moreso because my wife's celiacs means that she's been pretty big all her life. I usually need to eat six small meals a day, often about 4500 calories, although lately I've been getting major burnout and crashes and falling asleep every ten seconds, and they think I might be going from overactive to failing.

Doesn't slow me up much though. Just gives me one more reason to have a bad attitude when people do something that pisses me off. Like picking on kids.

hippy fascist said:
Exactly, half of all combat is psychological

'Do not be moved by your opponents. Move them.'

My thoughts on the subject. Works better for me cuz I'm small. They wonder why I'm not scared, and then get worried that I'm either armed or just plain dangerous.

Kyalesyin said:
It is kinda sad... moreso because my wife's celiacs means that she's been pretty big all her life. I usually need to eat six small meals a day, often about 4500 calories, although lately I've been getting major burnout and crashes and falling asleep every ten seconds, and they think I might be going from overactive to failing.

Doesn't slow me up much though. Just gives me one more reason to have a bad attitude when people do something that pisses me off. Like picking on kids.
i like you :up:

i also thought celiac disease was more likely to lead to being underweight because of the malabsorption problems? my boyfriend's brother has a gluten intolerance. he gets sick if there's even a crumb of bread left in the butter or something if someone double dips. grocery shopping in your household must be an adventure!

Kyalesyin said:

My thoughts on the subject. Works better for me cuz I'm small. They wonder why I'm not scared, and then get worried that I'm either armed or just plain dangerous.

but on the other hand

Never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter.

-Winston Churchill

Kyalesyin said:

when i get excited, my voice gets really high-pitched and squeaky. it's pretty embarrassing, and it's also totally not conducive to intimidation :woot:

triplefive said:
i like you :up:

i also thought celiac disease was more likely to lead to being underweight because of the malabsorption problems? my boyfriend's brother has a gluten intolerance. he gets sick if there's even a crumb of bread left in the butter or something if someone double dips. grocery shopping in your household must be an adventure!

It can go both ways. Some people shed the weight, but others go into starvation mode and lay anything they can get down as fat. She was anaemic, her sight was going and her hair was falling out, but she was still overweight. Now, she's loosing bulk if not weight just yet and she's a lot healthier. Celiac's in starvation mode are less often diagnosed, because malnutrition is associated with underweight people.

hippy fascist said:
but on the other hand

Never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter.

-Winston Churchill

Also a good point. However, Asimov once said:

'In attempting to be prepared we become idle and complacent. Not knowing what lies ahead and venturing forth in spite of that keeps us alert and allows up to appreciate life.'

Kyalesyin said:
It can go both ways. Some people shed the weight, but others go into starvation mode and lay anything they can get down as fat. She was anaemic, her sight was going and her hair was falling out, but she was still overweight. Now, she's loosing bulk if not weight just yet and she's a lot healthier. Celiac's in starvation mode are less often diagnosed, because malnutrition is associated with underweight people.
that's tough.

at least they're coming out with a lot more gluten-free products now.

triplefive said:
that's tough.

at least they're coming out with a lot more gluten-free products now.

A lot more, and cheaper too. The bread is never the same, but we've sort of moved on from wanting bread and just found other things.

Kyalesyin said:
A lot more, and cheaper too. The bread is never the same, but we've sort of moved on from wanting bread and just found other things.

I'm allergic to caffeine. Most people it makes hyper, me it's like my blood gets replaced with pure red bull...but carob sucks :csad:

Kyalesyin said:
i actually enjoy rice pasta :up:

hippy fascist said:
I'm allergic to caffeine. Most people it makes hyper, me it's like my blood gets replaced with pure red bull...but carob sucks :csad:

It makes me hyper too, and then gives me 'OhmygodthewholeworldisendingI'mgonneDIE' migranes. Its a shame. I love coffee.

triplefive said:
i actually enjoy rice pasta :up:

I can't tell it from the real thing, except that its a little more coarse, which is nice.

Kyalesyin said:
It makes me hyper too, and then gives me 'OhmygodthewholeworldisendingI'mgonneDIE' migranes. Its a shame. I love coffee.

I still drink coffee, five cups by five pm at the absolute minimum. I have add so I figure I can either fight it or just go full on TAZ!

hippy fascist said:
I still drink coffee, five cups by five pm at the absolute minimum. I have add so I figure I can either fight it or just go full on TAZ!
videotape that :up:

triplefive said:
videotape that :up:

I really wanna try out that thing from futurama to see if drinking 100 cups off coffee really does turn you into a speedster :yay:

hippy fascist said:
I really wanna try out that thing from futurama to see if drinking 100 cups off coffee really does turn you into a speedster :yay:
you'd be speeding to the toilet a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"