Sequels A suggestion about REPLACING Kate Bosworth.

I said before that I didn't like her as Lois.
However, after seeing it again, she did fine (with the script that she had to work with....and she's as pretty as a picture.
Her face and Margot Kidder's manic acting, and you'll have a great Lois Lane.
That being said, Lois has a kid now, and if her character didn't chane, then she'd be like "Mommy Dearest":eek: ..*shudder*.

Screw Margot Kidder, that disgusting chain smoking rat faced b#tch hag.

It's funny, for as iconic as some say Superman The Movie is, Kidder's Lois Lane and Hackman's Lex Luthor are mostly considered to be crap and far from the definitve versions of there character.

Silver Lad said:
wow.....

Lana is easily the most hated character within the Smallville fanbase. All the SV messageboards tear her apart and the writers have made her one of the most unlikeable characters on television.

I cant judge Gwen as I havent seen her yet, but I hope shes decent. Track record for women in these films aint so great.

Yeah, but they ARE hot!! :D

retconned said:
Screw Margot Kidder, that disgusting chain smoking rat faced b#tch hag.

It's funny, for as iconic as some say Superman The Movie is, Kidder's Lois Lane and Hackman's Lex Luthor are mostly considered to be crap and far from the definitve versions of there character.

Dude, re-read my post. I'm not talking about her looks.
Her - get the story at all costs - is exactly how Lois should be portrayed.

BULLITT said:
Dude, re-read my post. I'm not talking about her looks.
Her - get the story at all costs - is exactly how Lois should be portrayed.

Oh don't worry, I hated her performance as well. There was not one likeable thing about her Lois Lane, which is both her and the writers fault. Hell, Clark/Superman falls in deep romantic candle light love with her after 30 seconds. Lame :down

btw, Im in no way attacking you as a poster, Im just voicing my true opinion on the 78 Lois Lane and love story.

I'm not saying that Kate is a bad actress. She's just not Lois. I don't know if it's her interpretation of the character, Bryan's direction or how the part was written but what we got was a dreary, lackluster, charisma less Lois. Kate looked absolutely bored in the part. Where was the spunk? She practically had the same expression on her face through the entire movie. If there are to be sequels than either a recast or a reimagined Lois is necessary. She also need to get rid of that unattractive wig. What were they thinking? Kate's actually a beautiful girl but it seemed like a concerted effort was made to make her look dowdy. She didn't look like a professional newswoman...she looked more like an intern struggling to make ends meet and bypassing a trip to the salon to save some bucks. I was just looking at the new clips from the Donner version of Superman II and say what you want about Margot's looks (I think she looked great) but she nailed Lois. She got it. She made her fun to watch and you could understand why Superman was smitten.

I agree Bosworth was the weak link in the film. She made Kirsten Dunst and Katie Holmes look like Kathryn Hepburn and Betty Grable...

I agree, I hope they recast (mho).

ETA: just fyi, there is a discussion about this in the sequel forum.

alsays1 said:
She's just not Lois. I don't know if it's her interpretation of the character, Bryan's direction or how the part was written but what we got was a dreary, lackluster, charisma less Lois. Kate looked absolutely bored in the part. Where was the spunk? She practically had the same expression on her face through the entire movie.
I don't think the actor was the problem here - it was the material she was given to work with. An actor is only as good as the material they are given IMO.

In other words, you can thank Singer & his writers for the dull spunk-less Lois, not Kate. If Kate was given a script that demanded spunk, I'm sure she would have delivered.

retconned said:
Oh don't worry, I hated her performance as well. There was not one likeable thing about her Lois Lane, which is both her and the writers fault. Hell, Clark/Superman falls in deep romantic candle light love with her after 30 seconds. Lame :down

btw, Im in no way attacking you as a poster, Im just voicing my true opinion on the 78 Lois Lane and love story.

I got that...it's cool:)

Mentok said:
Put it in the complaints thread.

Ummm this is a different forum and we are discussing if the producers should replace Kate and why.

I know they wont replace her . . . .but they should.

No, they shouldn't replace her, but if they did, I'd suggest:

Winona Ryder

Jewel Staite

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Alyson Hannigan

Amy Acker

Charisma Carpenter

Katee Sackoff

Sarah Polley

Summer Glau (she's in her 20's)

Man, if Charisma Carpenter wasn't so old she would make a great Lois Lane.

You could actually cast a Superman movie using actors from the Jossverse and it would be a pretty damn good film, only thing is everyone is getting old. God how I wish David Boreanaz was ten years younger, he would be my Superman choice.

I liked how bosworth played lois, but i didnt really like how they wrote her. She was an absolute jerk to just about everyone. I think if they write her better in the sequel, bosworth will be fine. not everything lois says has to be cruel, cynical, or ironic...

I think the writers just failed to give Bosworth the lines to show the spunky, fun side of Lois Lane. But then again Lois is supposed to have grown bitter in the last 5 years. Plus having a kid, well, that'll take the shine off any new penny, I don't care how fun and sassy you used to be.

I thought Bosworth was fine given what she had to work with but if they did replace Lois Lane my vote would be for:

1. Reese Witherspoon (she was a great brunette in Walk the Line, and who couldn't help but love & hate her in Election?)
2. Jennifer Garner

I agree it was probably the lines but if they were to replace her I would like to see this woman do the job .
rachel.jpg

OMG its kate bosworth in 10 years and with more body weight :eek: :up:
Dina-Meyer-7.JPG

Dina%20Meyer.jpg

split-babsclock.jpg

dm-secret_agent_man-e06.jpg

dinameyer3.jpg

OMG its kate bosworth in 10 years and with more body weight :eek: :up:
Dina-Meyer-7.JPG

Dina%20Meyer.jpg

split-babsclock.jpg