A Thread of Theories and Speculation [spoilers]

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
Okay so this thread is most likely going to be more for the book-readers that are all caught up, so yeah warnings to anyone not completely caught up.

I just want to say that after the events of A Dance With Dragons,

I don't think Dany is going to make it to King's Landing.

I think [blackout]she does, but it ends terribly for her. I like the theory of her grabbing the throne, but ending up as mad as her father.[/blackout]

Last edited:
I don't know, she didn't end on good terms with the Dothraki at all.

I don't think [blackout]she dies there. I could see Drogon spooking the horses which all the Dothraki are mounted on, and she takes advantage and subdues them. Either that, or just fire everywhere.[/blackout]

Last edited:
Nah, I could very well see Drogon dying and Dany being taken captive for whatever reason. I just don't see things ending very well for her. Especially now.

There's no way [blackout]Drogon dies there, at such a meaningless point, after all the build up about the dragons.[/blackout]

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe ur right about that one mate. Because I guess there's supposed to be something about three dragons being alive at all times no matter what or something?

Yeah, the symbolism tied with the Targaryen sigil is too much. Them dragons better do some big things in the future. Big things. Like melt the Wall and build a nest out of it, for little dragon babies.

No way, The Wall needs to stay up. Literally, it's currently saving everyone's life.

It's so insane all of this is happening beneath The Wall, too. Because no one has any idea what's going on besides The Knight's Watch and now Stannis.

Oh, I think [blackout]the Wall comes down. That's how the conflict with the White Walkers spreads to Westeros in true. That's the endgame. Then the dragons can come into play to save the day, or whatever they decide.[/blackout]

Last edited:
I seriously don't think the Dragons are going to be much of help, especially since no one can properly train them.

Well, there is [blackout]that dragonbinder horn that Victarion has. Maybe Dany can get it to work without roasting her insides.[/blackout]

Edit- All this talk is ok right, since the thread is labelled as spoilers from the start? I mean, I read the warning at the top, but since this thread says SPOILERS at the top, it's ok? God I hope so, or I'm already banned.

Last edited:
IT SAYS SPOILERS FOR A REASON WHY ARE YOU BEING SO :argh:

STOP YELLING AT ME! I'm scared.

Oh, I think the Wall comes down. That's how the conflict with the White Walkers spreads to Westeros in true. That's the endgame. Then the dragons can come into play to save the day, or whatever they decide.

[blackout]Dead things in the water, as per one of Cotter Pyke's letters.[/blackout]

[blackout]Dead things in the water, as per one of Cotter Pyke's letters.[/blackout]

Eh, that's the [blackout]wights. The White Walkers aren't dead. Pyke might not know that, but if it were the Walkers, his letter would probably have read "holy ****, White Walkers!". Plus, them sneaking around the Wall by water isn't very dramatic. There's also supposed to be magic in the Wall that prevents the White Walkers from passing. If it's magical, I assume it doesn't just stop at the waterline, even though there were fisherfolk reporting seeing White Walkers on shores. It would be a pretty crappy wall if the Walkers could just go around. There's got to be that big cataclysmic event before everything resolves, and I think it involves the Wall coming down. I don't think it can end without the Walkers making inroads, and not just with wights. Plus, the Wall coming down would be something to galvanize the realm and convince everyone of the true threat. It seems as good a way as any to tie everything into that story.[/blackout]

Last edited:
This is my theory for [blackout]how the Wall comes down[/blackout] (Others may have had the same theory, I don't know):

Some Red God worshipper received a vision in the flames that Sam would be the one to acquire the horn of Joramun, that could bring down the Wall. So, the worshipper hires a Faceless Man to kill Sam and claim the horn. But all the worshipper saw was that Sam was a member of the Night's Watch. So J'aqen H'ghar is sent to go after Sam, and does so by landing in the King's Landing dungeons, expecting to be sent to the Wall as a recruit. However, we know what happens to him, and he gets side-tracked a bit by Arya and all that fun stuff, but eventually departs to continue his mission. Of course, Sam acquires the horn north of the Wall (assuming that horn Jon found with the dragonglass daggers is the true horn), and is then sent to become a Maester at Oldtown. J'aqen learns of this, and follows Sam there. J'aqen then makes the deal with Pate to acquire the Citadel master key, and then steals Pate's identity to get close to Sam. That's where we are now. So, J'aqen kills Sam (sad), and delivers the horn to the buyer. The worshipper wants the horn because he wants the Wall down, so he can begin the apocalypse. The Red God can have his climactic battle with the Great Other that way, and restore light to the world. So, he's nuts. But in doing so, the Wall does come down, and **** hits the fan.

I don't have a theory for who the worshipper could be (obviously a wealthy person capable of paying a Faceless Man), but there are any number of candidates. But my theory kind of rests on the idea that it's a Red God follower.

Last edited:
The one thing I should correct is that [blackout]Jon found the cache of dragonglass daggers and the horn, not Sam. But Sam did eventually come into possession of it, and has it with him during his trip to Oldtown.[/blackout]

This is my theory for [blackout]how the Wall comes down[/blackout] (Others may have had the same theory, I don't know):

Some Red God worshipper received a vision in the flames that Sam would be the one to acquire the horn of Joramun, that could bring down the Wall. So, the worshipper hires a Faceless Man to kill Sam and claim the horn. But all the worshipper saw was that Sam was a member of the Night's Watch. So J'aqen H'ghar is sent to go after Sam, and does so by landing in the King's Landing dungeons, expecting to be sent to the Wall as a recruit. However, we know what happens to him, and he gets side-tracked a bit by Arya and all that fun stuff, but eventually departs to continue his mission. Of course, Sam acquires the horn north of the Wall (assuming that horn Jon found with the dragonglass daggers is the true horn), and is then sent to become a Maester at Oldtown. J'aqen learns of this, and follows Sam there. J'aqen then makes the deal with Pate to acquire the Citadel master key, and then steals Pate's identity to get close to Sam. That's where we are now. So, J'aqen kills Sam (sad), and delivers the horn to the buyer. The worshipper wants the horn because he wants the Wall down, so he can begin the apocalypse. The Red God can have his climactic battle with the Great Other that way, and restore light to the world. So, he's nuts. But in doing so, the Wall does come down, and **** hits the fan.

I don't have a theory for who the worshipper could be (obviously a wealthy person capable of paying a Faceless Man), but there are any number of candidates. But my theory kind of rests on the idea that it's a Red God follower.

Damn, that's an awesome theory. Only thing is, if it's someone who wants the Wall to come down then wouldn't it be a servant of the Great Other? Melisandre is a R'Hllor follower and she said in her POV chapter that the Wall must not fall. Perhaps it's related to Bloodraven in some way.

Speculating on the fantastic elements of the series, specifically the children, dragons, and Others. [blackout]I wonder if the children didn't create the Others as a means of reigning in Planetos's dragon population. Or the dragons as a way to control the Others.[/blackout]

I read this really cool theory, but i haven't managed to find the summary again, but i really enjoyed it and wanted to talk about it, perhaps someone knows what i'm talking about and can link the reddit/westeros topic where i originally saw it.

Cersei wins the trial by combat with Robert Strong, is the usual insane Queen regeant with her crazed up paranoia fears like the prophercy that a more beautiful women will take her place, this is Sansa Stark i believe.

Shadrich figrues out Alayne Stone is Sansa Stark, he's desperate for more financial aid so he sells this information to Cercsei, which leads to Cersei sending Robert Strong to siege Vale, this is also where Bran's vision comes into play: "There were shadows all around them. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them loomed a Giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

So you got Rober Strong invading vale, with Jamie Lannister, Brienne of Tarth, the Hound and the Brotherhood without Banners coming to the rescue.

The neat thing was, again i barely remember all the details, the final battle would take place in the cursed castle of Harrenhall, where Lady Stoneheart and Littlefinger would meet, with Stoneheart murdering Littlefinger.

ANyone know what i'm talking about? :b

Jaime would never go against Cersei like that

But.

Jaime has already began to ignore Cersei, he has burned all the letters from her, not to mention we need him to hook up with Brienne and become a real human being, and a real hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"