The Leaks and Spoilers discussion (*MAJOR SPOILER WARNING*)

Ah yes, the "Avenge the Children" ending. That's actually the theory a lot of people who read the spoilers came to..theorized, that essentially the Children of the Forest wanted revenge on mankind for hunting them, and causing them to create the NK, and this is their revenge, having mankind more or less wreck each other and install their agent, the 3-eyed Raven, as their ruler.

There was something I picked out from the last episode.

Where Jon confronts Dany about burning down the city:

"Children! Little children burned!"

Makes me think of when Maester Aemon was talking about the death of his family.

"But when I heard they killed my brother's son, and his poor son! And the children! Even the little children!".

Probably not intentional, but yeah.

D6_ajViU8AEOUxA.jpg

Ah yes, the "Avenge the Children" ending. That's actually the theory a lot of people who read the spoilers came to..theorized, that essentially the Children of the Forest wanted revenge on mankind for hunting them, and causing them to create the NK, and this is their revenge, having mankind more or less wreck each other and install their agent, the 3-eyed Raven, as their ruler.
That sounds too cool, so it's likely just headcanon. D&D isn't that smart.

The other hot redheaded witch is still alive, so Dany can technically still be brought back. Hell of a cliffhanger to end on tho.

The other hot redheaded witch is still alive, so Dany can technically still be brought back. Hell of a cliffhanger to end on tho.
That's also a very popular headcanon, it's mine as well. But what would a resurrected Daenerys be like? I noticed Jon didn't change much when he was resurrected.

The whole thing felt like a cliffhanger of some sorts.
The way Greyworm kept on looking at Jon, he had that look like he is not finished with Jon and will be back. Plus, we had those leaks about how when Jon is going onto the other side, he comes across new bodies set up in those patterns, indicating the White Walkers are not done yet, but for some reason, they didn't show that part. I can't help but feel there are a lot of scenes that were filmed, but HBO is hanging onto them for the successors.

The whole thing felt like a cliffhanger of some sorts.
The way Greyworm kept on looking at Jon, he had that look like he is not finished with Jon and will be back. Plus, we had those leaks about how when Jon is going onto the other side, he comes across new bodies set up in those patterns, indicating the White Walkers are not done yet, but for some reason, they didn't show that part. I can't help but feel there are a lot of scenes that were filmed, but HBO is hanging onto them for the successors.
Except HBO said there would be NO sequel shows. Just prequels.

Except HBO said there would be NO sequel shows. Just prequels.
Then they are shooting themselves in the foot. I heard they already shot down a spin off on Arya, and they gave some stupid excuse that they don't want to mess with Benioff and Weiss's world. Is there some kind of contract that only Benioff and Weiss can work on the core of Game of Thrones and HBO is just making some lame excuse?

Then they are shooting themselves in the foot. I heard they already shot down a spin off on Arya, and they gave some stupid excuse that they don't want to mess with Benioff and Weiss's world. Is there some kind of contract that only Benioff and Weiss can work on the core of Game of Thrones and HBO is just making some lame excuse?
I have no idea. I can only assume that George don't want any unofficial sequels.

I have no idea. I can only assume that George don't want any unofficial sequels.
But the interview I was reading, they didn't mention George as being the one behind the decisions. Only Benioff and Weiss.

Here is a quote from what I read.
“I understand where that comes from, I totally get it. But in terms of wanting to be careful not overdoing it or not killing the goose that lays the golden egg, [showrunners] Dan [Weiss] and David [Benioff]’s show as it stands in eight seasons, I want to leave it as it’s own work of art and not have shows directly, having Arya do that. I think it’s best to try the prequels in other areas of George [R.R. Martin]’s massive universe — just feels like the right thing to do, let the show stand on its own.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"