A Thread of Theories and Speculation [spoilers]

ЯɘvlveR;29178849 said:
The
dragon is Jon. though i do think Bran will warg into the dragon that Jon will fly.

I'm only on the second book but I don't mind spoilers from the rest of the series.
What do you mean the dragon is Jon? Targaryen? My wife and I have already guessed that he's half Targaryen. Why else would Ned not want to talk about his mother, especially to Robert.

I'm only on the second book but I don't mind spoilers from the rest of the series.
What do you mean the dragon is Jon? Targaryen? My wife and I have already guessed that he's half Targaryen. Why else would Ned not want to talk about his mother, especially to Robert.

Spoiling Jon Snow's family secret:
Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lysa Stark, Ned Stark swore to Lysa to take care of Jon and raised him as his own son.

Spoiling Jon Snow's family secret:
Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lysa Stark, Ned Stark swore to Lysa to take care of Jon and raised him as his own son.

You mean Lyanna correct? This info is already revealed by the 5th book? That's pretty awesome if so.

ЯɘvlveR;29180799 said:
no, not yet.:word:

Hahaha, wtf...

So either he's guessing or I wasn't around when some info leaked apparently.

lots of people have drawn that conclusion given some of the things that have transpired.

You mean Lyanna correct? This info is already revealed by the 5th book? That's pretty awesome if so.

Yeah i meant Lyanna.

It hasn't been outright said yet and Jon still doesn't know. It's been referenced and implied several times.

A theory about Varys

He's a Targaryen, either a Blackfyre or descendant of Aerion (second son of Aegon V) who we know had a son while in Essos that was passed over for succession. That was the reason why he was castrated (he has dragon's blood) and is vested in seeing the Targaryen's return to power

A theory about Varys

He's a Targaryen, either a Blackfyre or descendant of Aerion (second son of Aegon V) who we know had a son while in Essos that was passed over for succession. That was the reason why he was castrated (he has dragon's blood) and is vested in seeing the Targaryen's return to power

That could be the reason he keeps his head shaved.
To hide his white Targaryen hair.

too many signs point to that being a blackfyre conspiracy. when aegon ends up with blackfyre everyone will know. i think dark sister will end up in Jon's hands even though he's got Longclaw. i read a comment on reddit where someone mentioned that it could be in lyanna's tomb, which i quite like.

Last edited:
Another fun factor...who was the last known wielder of Dark Sister? Why a little known fellow by the name of Bloodraven...

yep. though, no one is sure whether or not he took it with him to the wall or not. I'd like to think he left it at winterfell on his way to the wall.

ЯɘvlveR;29186997 said:
too many signs point to that being a blackfyre conspiracy. when aegon ends up with blackfyre everyone will know. i think dark sister will end up in Jon's hands even though he's got Longclaw. i read a comment on reddit where someone mentioned that it could be in lyanna's tomb, which i quite like.

The theory I read was that Lyanna's tomb contained Rhaegar's harp and a Targaryen wedding cloak (proving they were married, making Jon a legitimate heir to the Iron Throne).

Dark Sister being in the tomb is interesting because Lyanna's is the only one in the Stark crypt that does not have a sword.

Another fun factor...who was the last known wielder of Dark Sister? Why a little known fellow by the name of Bloodraven...

The Blackwoods are one of the few houses south of the Neck descended from the First Men. Bloodraven has both the blood of the First Men and Old Valyria.

One thing I hate about theories is that some are so awesome that it will be disappointing if they don't come true.

absolutely.
I'm trying not to buy into them and just letting the saga play out but hearing about howland as the new high septon was :wow:

How good is the track record with fan theories? Like, were there any for the previous books which actually came true?

How good is the track record with fan theories? Like, were there any for the previous books which actually came true?

Some have been true:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1w4kma/spoilers_all_what_are_thr_most_significant_fan/

Rickon went to Skagos
Davos wasn't murdered by Wyman Manderly
The Three-Eyed Crow was Brynden Rivers
Brienne survived her encounter with LSH
Aegon Targaryen would reappear
Varys has been a Targaryen loyalist

I know some theories are pretty old:
R+L=J
Sandor=Gravedigger
Freys were planning to betray Robb after ACOK

Ah cool, thanks. So there's actually some precedent in fans being right. That makes R+L=J a lot more reassuring :oldrazz:

The theory my wife and I had was that they will need the dragons' fire to stop the white walkers. Dany can't seem to control the large dragon anymore...but Bran might be able to. :awesome:

In the first book during his coma after the fall, he has a dream
where he's falling from thousands of feet in the air and while he's falling the raven was next to him telling him to fly.
Although that wasn't in the show, I still think it's forshadowing for him to control the dragon.

Also when the Three Eye tells Bran upon meeting him, that "he will fly high again" or something like that.

I think Bran will wind up controlling Drogon also.

Came up with an awesome tinfoil theory but someone had already beat me to the punch and explained it in far more detail than I could...

Darkstar is the real Aegon Targaryen. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/68433-my-new-big-theory-about-dorne-aegon-stuff/
I'd read this one before, it's funny, but about the most dangerous man in dorne thing, i read that he could have been a squire for arthur dayne during the tower of joy thing, and that's why he's resentful of being compared to arthur.

Last edited:
my theory is that the bore fest that is Jon Snow will end up on the throne and that Dany will end up being eaten by her dragons

I just want to say that after the events of A Dance With Dragons,

I don't think Dany is going to make it to King's Landing.

LMAO you're only realizing this now

Shadrich figrues out Alayne Stone is Sansa Stark, he's desperate for more financial aid so he sells this information to Cercsei, which leads to Cersei sending Robert Strong to siege Vale, this is also where Bran's vision comes into play: "There were shadows all around them. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them loomed a Giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

what does this mean? is that
the Giant Sansa is going to slay in the castle?
and is it
a real giant or a metaphor?
I understand nothing :dry:

my theory is that the bore fest that is Jon Snow will end up on the throne and that Dany will end up being eaten by her dragons

LMAO you're only realizing this now

what does this mean? is that
the Giant Sansa is going to slay in the castle?
and is it
a real giant or a metaphor?
I understand nothing :dry:

I don't think Dany gets eaten by her Dragons....but perhaps she winds up being betrayed by someone?

It's sad....because Dany is a great character, especially the way she has developed...you root for her......but GRRM loves getting rid of fan favorite characters. I keep thinking Dany will be killed also...either by her Dragons or by....a Lannister.

ЯɘvlveR;29219413 said:
I'd read this one before, it's funny, but about the most dangerous man in dorne thing, i read that he could have been a squire for arthur dayne during the tower of joy thing, and that's why he's resentful of being compared to arthur.

I don't think that's enough to make him the "most dangerous man in Dorne," though. It could mean he's aware of what really happened (R+L=J) but I think GRRM will want to keep that a big surprise that only Howland Reed and Ned Stark knew about. We know it's not because of his fighting prowess; we're told he's good with a sword, but he fails to kill a little girl and then quickly flees. Not exactly Jaime Lannister-level. Oberyn also referred to him as "poison," and there's the fact that he tried to kill Myrcella in the first place and is likely the one who told Doran about the Queenmaker plot. That suggests to me that he and Doran already had some kind of relationship, otherwise Darkstar wouldn't bother going to him to sell out Arianne.

No, he's dangerous for something else. The real heir to the Iron Throne, who also happens to be hotheaded, arrogant and what looks to be another Viserys situation sounds pretty dangerous to me. As to why Doran doesn't marry Arianne to Gerold Dayne instead of (presumably) fAegon, I don't know. It's not as if House Dayne is too low for her, and thanks to Arthur Dayne it's relatively well known throughout Westeros. My theory is that Doran is supporting fAegon over the real Aegon because he wants to check out whether this supposed Targaryen taking Storm's End has a large army, is likable and would be a good king; from the looks of it so far, Darkstar would be a terrible king and Doran knows this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"