Age of Ultron Aaron Johnson is Quicksilver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To kill them is my cause

Have to wait for one of the reliable trades but this is one I think LR got right...since it's so obvious anyway.

My reaction to the news aaron is (almost certainly) cast as quicksilver

tumblr_lrrc16PWnf1qh9xj7.gif

Can't wait to see him in the suit

“That’s what we’re in talks about really, right now – how I could become that character and not feel forced. I might not look right with white hair, and the accent may be wrong… it just doesn’t work like that.”

Interesting.

Interesting in that it sounds like he could be saying he won't look right with white hair so it won't be like that in the movie, or they're doing it but he might look odd.

Who cares if he thinks he won't look right with white hair. What about everyone else who thinks he won't look right without white hair?

Did James Marsters complain when he had to go peroxide for Spike? No. And with that hair he made Spike far more iconic than if he just had his normal brown hair. Even in Skyfall, Javier Bardem bleached his hair.

This is Quicksilver's signature look, and if he doesn't like it perhaps he shouldn't take the role.

Is he going to be a brown haired guy in a black or blue SHIELD jumpsuit? Apart from his speed powers, will he even remotely resemble the comic character?

I really couldn't care less if he has white hair or not. I didn't care that Amy Adams had red hair in MOS, I didn't care that Hugh Jackman isn't a shrimp, I didn't care that Thor doesn't constantly wear his helmet, or that Peter Dinklage Bolivar Trask is a little person, etc. If the performance is good, then the aesthetics don't really matter.

I would imagine that he will appear in three movies: Age of Ultron, Inhumans and Avengers 3.

I am curious to see what his movie costume will look like. Whedon has already said that SW's costume will be different from her traditional comic book costume. I wonder if they'll change Quicksilver's costume as well or not?

What is with this vanilla plain whitebread casting of the Maximoffs.

Also:
I always thought it’d be quite funny if you saw him eating loads and people asked him why and he’d explain it’s because he’s burning so much energy all the time.
“That’s what we’re in talks about really, right now – how I could become that character and not feel forced. I might not look right with white hair, and the accent may be wrong… it just doesn’t work like that.”
No. Just, no.

Because they're going to be British in the movie. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the characters are vanilla plain whitebread in the comics as well. They're stated to be from Eastern Europe in the comics but 1) They were never of Eastern European descent in the first place, they just grew up there and 2) Artists never bothered to try and draw them like Eastern Europeans anyway. At least they're being real about here. On top of the fact it's impossible to find young Eastern European actors in Hollywood in the first place.

No one officially with the movie has ever said anything about them being British, just something that was clearly labeled a rumor way back when Saoirse Ronan was rumored to be in consideration for the role that was never ever confirmed. And how the hell is someone supposed to be drawn "Eastern European"? That the most ridiculously picky thing I've ever heard of. The white hair is one thing because that's an iconic part of his look, but this "Eastern European" thing is just stupid.

Bleeding Cool, who was the first to drop the Olsen news, also said she would be British (adopt a European accent). So considering the only two sources we ever heard news from on the castings said the same exact thing, they're probably going to be ****ing British.

And you obviously didn't read the entire conversation. I don't give a **** about them not being Eastern European. I was saying they're never drawn as Easter Euro in the comics anyway so there's no point in being upset about them not "looking" Eastern European in the film. As for how you draw Eastern Europeans...idk, how do Eastern Europeans look different from other ethnicities? That is a silly question to ask. obviously if people ***** about them not looking Eastern European there are distinct physical differences that you can highlight in art to make it clear...which they don't.

Bleeding Cool, who was the first to drop the Olsen news, also said she would be British (adopt a European accent). So considering the only two sources we ever heard news from on the castings said the same exact thing, they're probably going to be ****ing British.

And you obviously didn't read the entire conversation. I don't give a **** about them not being Eastern European. I was saying they're never drawn as Easter Euro in the comics anyway so there's no point in being upset about them not "looking" Eastern European in the film. As for how you draw Eastern Europeans...idk, how do Eastern Europeans look different from other ethnicities? That is a silly question to ask. obviously if people ***** about them not looking Eastern European there are distinct physical differences that you can highlight in art to make it clear...which they don't.

Or BC got it from the same rumor back when Ronan was rumored. Until there's confirmation from either of these two actors or someone actually working on the film, I'm not putting faith in the British thing.

And on the Eastern European thing, if people make such an issue about it, then they need to offer examples of how that's supposed to look, because I've never heard anything about any physical differences for something like that in my life.

Because they're going to be British in the movie. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the characters are vanilla plain whitebread in the comics as well. They're stated to be from Eastern Europe in the comics but 1) They were never of Eastern European descent in the first place, they just grew up there and 2) Artists never bothered to try and draw them like Eastern Europeans anyway. At least they're being real about here. On top of the fact it's impossible to find young Eastern European actors in Hollywood in the first place.
Well, to clarify (which I really didn't do in my first post), I don't just mean vanilla plain in terms of their ethnicity, but in their resumes (at least in the case of Johnson; Olsen I've heard decent things about even tho I'm not familiar with her). If you're going to cast two people who don't even look/aren't part Jewish/Roma, at least make it worth it. I'm just not impressed with Johnson as an actor -- and he seems like the epitome of generic mediocre "safe" casting.

I didn't really expect Marvel to track down two people with Eastern European or Roma heritage (and I don't really blame them for it), but they could have. I'm sure there are plenty of European unknowns who'd be happy to take Marvel's paycheck and have a chance to widen their audience in a Hollywood flick.

Or BC got it from the same rumor back when Ronan was rumored. Until there's confirmation from either of these two actors or someone actually working on the film, I'm not putting faith in the British thing.

And on the Eastern European thing, if people make such an issue about it, then they need to offer examples of how that's supposed to look, because I've never heard anything about any physical differences for something like that in my life.
Okay, but it's pretty obvious they're going to be British.

They made a huge mistake.
Yeah the movie and characters are doomed for sure. :whatever:

Well, to clarify (which I really didn't do in my first post), I don't just mean vanilla plain in terms of their ethnicity, but in their resumes (at least in the case of Johnson; Olsen I've heard decent things about even tho I'm not familiar with her). If you're going to cast two people who don't even look/aren't part Jewish/Roma, at least make it worth it. I'm just not impressed with Johnson as an actor -- and he seems like the epitome of generic mediocre "safe" casting.

I didn't really expect Marvel to track down two people with Eastern European or Roma heritage (and I don't really blame them for it), but they could have. I'm sure there are plenty of European unknowns who'd be happy to take Marvel's paycheck and have a chance to widen their audience in a Hollywood flick.
Well regardless of what you think about Johnson, it's really not a big deal they aren't Eastern Europeans. At least their European/foreign in general, like they should be, and their ethnicity actually matches how they look in the comics. And again, they're from Eastern Europe but their not of Eastern European descent. They were given to Eastern Europeans by the High Evolutionary as children.

You people do know that Romany/Roma =/= Eastern European right? They're not white. There is a larger concentration of them in Eastern Europe than the rest of the world, but the people originated from India or the Middle East.

As for the costume, I don't think any of the costumes would translate well on film, except maybe the Ult. version, but that's pretty dull. Whatever they do, I hope they keep lightning bolt, even if its just a zipper or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"