ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 9

Two bits of news...

Once Upon a Time adds Robin Givens as Tiana's mom

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/31/spoiler-room-scoop-on-once-upon-a-time-supergirl-teen-wolf/
Thanks for the Tiana scoop! Anything else you can share about Once Upon a Time? — Pret

How about some more Tiana news? I can exclusively reveal that newbie Mekia Cox has been upped to series regular. The Princess and the Frog heroine, whose cursed counterpart is named Sabine, will also get the flashback treatment in episode 5. “We’re not redoing the movie, but we’re taking it as a jumping off point,” executive producer Adam Horowitz says. “We have a OUAT spin.”

The new concept of the different storybooks makes me hope they don't drag Rumple or the Evil Queen into every new backstory, but either way, set reports make it sound like Carlyle is working with the actress playing Alice more than any of the other newbies, so I think him being the frog is probably a no go.

Once Upon a Time: Emma reunites with Hook and Henry in exclusive photos

tumblr_ovte7wphka1vfql8io1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovte7wphka1vfql8io2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovx8kqUQkw1rvcgheo1_1280.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME

A grown Henry has been recruited for a mission by a storybook-toting child he didn’t know he had? You might think Season 7’s premiere will thus echo the series’ very first episode, but “we’re not doing what we did in the pilot, which is a curse hits and rips everyone away [from their lives],” says co-creator Adam Horowitz. “The first episode is not about the curse, when it happened or how it happened. We’re coming at this a different way.” (Also quite different: the cast, in the wake of six exits and five additions.) What we do know is that in Seattle’s Hyperion Heights, Regina, Hook and Rumple have new indentities (bar owner Roni, policeman Rogers and a “menacing” someone), and Henry and daughter Lucy must enlist them to fight a new evil. Cue Gabrielle Anwar as the infamous stepmother of Cinderella (Dania Ramirez) aka Henry’s baby momma. “What’s awesome about Lady Tremaine is… exactly what I can’t tell you,” Horowitz teases. “But Gabrielle is bringing levels of humanity to a character whose name has Evil in it.”

BONUS SPOILER!: Regina might get a new romance, but that’s far from her main storyline. “There are so many other things she has to deal with — both Regina and [Roni] — and central to that is her relationship with Henry,” whom she doesn’t recognize at first, says Horowitz. “It’s been exciting to dive into a mother-son relationship from a new angle.”

RETURN DATE: Friday, Oct. 6 at 8/7c (ABC)

Bonus:
tumblr_inline_ovxhbgVi1Y1s7f7dv_540.png

tumblr_inline_ovxhhaLVB11s7f7dv_540.png

I'm all for legitimate arguments about a show's narrative, but if you hear "Henry's cursed persona is an unsuccessful writer who has taken a job as an Uber driver" and think "That's disrespectful!"....... gurl. :dry:

All in all, I think I've just about had it with hysterical sects of fandom who fly off the handle at even the most benign piece of information.

My solution to that is simple: I avoid them. The downside of course is sometimes you end up with nowhere to go that does not have at least one rabid, obsessed, hating or plain bizarre fan in the group.

I'm curious about this sort of reboot of the show. I'm wondering how the original cast will mix in with the newcomers. The finale kind of gave a tease to that, but I'm wondering how the chemistry will be with this new group of actors. It's going to be hard to replace Jennifer and the OG OUAT family. With Jennifer coming back for one episode, I wanna know what they have planned.

Just caught up on the last season with Netflix and I’m actually surprised at how much I liked it. I think the end of season five left a bad taste in my mouth with how bland and boring it was and the beginning of season six was similar so I gave up but I’m glad I went back. Overall I think the seasons for this show (outside of season 1) are just too long as everything becomes stretched out.

Also the shake up this season seems to be a good idea as my mom told me she’s excited to start watching again even though she quit about three seasons ago. I’m just hoping that they don’t do the whole everyone is connected/family BS that caused seasons 2-6 to be so repetitive at times. Also hope they let there be multiple big bads that have no connection to Regina or Rump.

Edit: Last thing but the guy playing older Henry looks like a *****ebag.

I know some gave up around the Frozen story line and Dark Swan sort of pushed a lot of people away. I'm hoping with this new fresh look the writers can breathe some life into the show again and have more action and great moments instead of suicidal themes. Disney can be dark but I doubt people keep watching for the depressing elements.

Little over ten minutes for the East Coast. :up:

Hope I like how they do the new season consider how many are no longer be in it

Oh wow, the actor who plays OG Henry really matured between seasons.

so they have gas in the other realm?

It's "magical" gas. Henry probably just writes "bike is full of neverending gas" or something.

I feel like it is high time they just go ahead and give Hook his hand back.

It was ok. It didn't make me roll my eyes as much as the past 3 seasons have so I guess Ill stick with it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"