Comics Absolute Carnage ....Spoilers

I'm feeling kind of indifferent to this book
It just hasn't wowed me. I do like that Scream is back. The cover art of her upcoming series is gorgeous. Sadly that means the interior art will be mediocre.

I'm enjoying it, despite Carnage. As for interior art, with the exception of the Mary Jane comic where the interior art is better than the cover, Yeah. Pretty much. It's like buying a Corvette, and popping the hood to find an engine from one of those tiny little "Smart" cars. Rip....off.

Ramos's art has improved a lot, but he still isn't my cup of tea. I bought the artgerm variant cover for Amazing Mary Jane, so I'm happy with it.

I did like the art for Amazing Spider-Man's Absolute Carnage tie in. It felt like old school Carnage.

Wrapped up too quickly. Fantastic fun series all
around but I really felt things just ended too fast. This issue would have seriously benefitted from being double sized or maybe add another part to series

Really interested to see where things go from here. Might consider picking up Venoms solo series.

Wrapped up too quickly. Fantastic fun series all
around but I really felt things just ended too fast. This issue would have seriously benefitted from being double sized or maybe add another part to series

Really interested to see where things go from here. Might consider picking up Venoms solo series.

I need to read the last part...but yeah, Venom's solo series is solid. Art...story...awesome. They add to Venom's story without cheapening it. Also, Stegman kills the art. Just...kills it.

Well...
So...
What exactly was the point of this series?
There was no need for it to be an event.
The spin-offs could have all been told better and quicker.
Carnage didn't go after everyone that ever wore a symbiote. And that was the premis of the entire book!
Ben was never mentioned aside from an alternate cover.
That random symbiote that showed up and saved Brock and Osborn came out of nowhere and just as quickly disappeared.
Jameson had no resolution.
Just whennthings started to pick up, the arc anded!

Why does Carnage and random other old, pre-Secret Wars symbiotes have Spider symbols on those chests?

Well...
So...
What exactly was the point of this series?
There was no need for it to be an event.
The spin-offs could have all been told better and quicker.
Carnage didn't go after everyone that ever wore a symbiote. And that was the premis of the entire book!
Ben was never mentioned aside from an alternate cover.
That random symbiote that showed up and saved Brock and Osborn came out of nowhere and just as quickly disappeared.
Jameson had no resolution.
Just whennthings started to pick up, the arc anded!

Why does Carnage and random other old, pre-Secret Wars symbiotes have Spider symbols on those chests?
Um...the spiders were never intended to be spiders. It covered that in the main Venom series. It was originally a dragon, representing the Grendel symbiote that served Knull. Also, in issue 5, Carnage revealed that he used Eddie to gather all the codices so he didn't have to. So, he didn't need to go after everyone, since Eddie had done it for him.
As for the spin-offs, I never read spin-offs. With the exception of Avengers v. X-Men and Civil War, I've never known an event to have spin-offs worth a crap, anyways.

As for the story as a whole, it really feels like there were pages missing. I read the ending, and I went back to see if I'd missed a page. It was very inconclusive! I enjoyed the story for the most part, but the ending left me a bit cold. If Carnage is dead forever, then it was worth it, though. Killed by Venom....even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"