Actors and Actresses who can save any film

anthony hopkins and morgan freeman...

although saying this, this thread will probably jinx all the actors and actresses mentioned into starring in the next big flop...

Really, any actor could save a film, even not the best actor in the world. They can save their part, their own work and performance , but not the whole film.

Jack Bauer said:
Blame Joel or the writer for that. But I was talking about the films of hers that bomb but she still "saved" the film. And by save I mean watchable.

A couple of days ago I was listening to a show and they were talking about bad films. One of the films mention was Striptease. Someone then said "It has Ving Rhames in it and he can save any film." That got me thinking which actors and/or actresses can save any film boring or bad.

That says nothing about movies that flop. You were talking about generally bad movies. And Batman and Robin was atrocious. But Uma Thurman did not come even close to saving that film, or making it watchable.

You could say "Blame the director and writers" for any of the bad films these actors star in. :huh:

Johnny Depp
Christopher Lee
Ian Mckellen
Bill Nighy

mister Lennon said:
I think that this is a matter of personal taste, naturally, each person will post their personal favourites because they liked it even in a bad film. For example, Walken saved click? Sam Jackson saved snakes on a plane? Uma saved batman and robin? Only a few examples. I will put some ones who are good in all the films, but being good doesnt mean that they save the film, only their part:
Wait a minute, Sam Jackson DID save snakes on a plane. And the Star Wars prequels. He gets my vote. :ninja:

Star Wars Yes, SOAP No. Snakes was already a great film.

Actor (not ranked):

Steve McQueen
Clint Eastwood
Alec Guinness
Bruce Willis
Sean Connery
Jack Nicholson
Morgan Freeman
Gene Hackman
Denzel Washington
Gary Senise
Jack Lemmon
Kevin Bacon
Michael Keaton
Ed Harris
Kevin Spacey
Edward Norton

Some others that I probably forgot.

Here's a few of mine

Winona Ryder
Natalie Portman
Rachel McAdams
Owen Wilson
Vince Vaughn

Another one is Cilian Murphy.
I'll watch anything with him atleast once.

Another one is Cilian Murphy.
I'll watch anything with him atleast once.

- Denzel.
- Christopher Walken.
- Anthony Hopkins.
- Ian McKellan.
- Liam Neeson.
- Samuel L. Jackson.
- Morgan Freeman.
- Michael Caine.
- Jack Nicholson.
- Brad Pitt.
- George Clooney.
- Tom Cruise. (Especially)