Iron Man Swank and Jackson confirmed for Iron Man!

Jackson will be good as Fury. He's versatile so he'd have no problem with acting elements from both the 616 and Ultimate universe.

Not sure if this is posted here yet or not but Judy from Jon's myspace boards posted this:

I know there has been a lot of disussion on this. It does get very confusing though. Avid Arad reported to MTV the other day that Jackson does have a cameo in the movie. But last night Jackson was on Craig Fergusons late late show and said he was not in it. I did not see this show but a friend of mine saw it and reported about it on a Downey fan site. So what is up? is he in it or not?
Here is her quote about the show last night...

"the subject of "iron man" came up and craig assumed that sam was in it. sam adamantly denied being in it, but confessed he'd love to be in it. he said, "the guy in the comic looks exactly like me".

craig said he knows favreau and sam asked if he could hook him up."

From an interview with Jackson on his new movie “Resurrecting the Champ.”

http://www.timesleader.com/living/20070826_26Jackson_fresh_ART0.html
Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:35 A.M.

Jackson already has completed four more movies, including Renny Harlin’s “Cleaner,” Doug Liman’s “Jumper,” Neil LaBute’s “Lakeview Terrace” and “Iron Man,” the much-anticipated comic-book adaptation starring Robert Downey Jr. as a crime-fighting superhero.

If all that activity wasn’t enough, Jackson confirmed he just signed up for another comic-book-inspired film called “The Spirit,” which will begin shooting in October.

Maybe he means he's not "IN" Iron Man meaning "in the suit". LOL Playing tricks like Fav's.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson baffled over iron man stories_1041763

JACKSON BAFFLED OVER IRON MAN STORIES

PULP FICTION star SAMUEL L. JACKSON is baffled by reports he's among the stars of JON FAVREAU's big screen adaptation of comic book saga IRON MAN, but he agrees he should be a part of the project. Jackson insists he's not in the film, alongside ROBERT DOWNEY JR and GWYNETH PALTROW - but he is awaiting a call-up to the cast. He says, "Everybody keeps saying, 'Aren't you in Iron Man?' and I keep going, 'Look, the guy in the comic looks just like me and if they do cast it and they don't cast me, there's gonna be some problems,' so I'm looking forward to that."

27/08/2007 02:07
So is he in or is he not?? :huh:

That's the big question, isn't it?

I see 2 scenarios:-

a) He is in it and Fav's and himself are throwing curveballs, so we actually get a suprise with his inclusion when we're watchin the movie.

b) He's not in it and all this hype and rumour-mongering is bull$hit.

Personally, I'm opting for 'a'.

[SIZE=+1]
[SIZE=+1]Samuel L. Jackson puzzled over starring in Iron Man[/SIZE]
Malaysia Sun
Monday 27th August, 2007
(ANI)

London, August 27 : Actor Samuel L. Jackson is puzzled over rumours of his involvement Jon Favreau's film based on the comic book saga Iron Man.

The film stars Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow but apparently the Pulp Fiction star is waiting for the director's call to be a part of the project.

"Everybody keeps saying, 'Aren't you in Iron Man?' and I keep going, 'Look, the guy in the comic looks just like me and if they do cast it and they don't cast me, there's gonna be some problems,' so I'm looking forward to that." Contact music quoted, Jackson as saying.

Jackson who had a lukewarm response to his latest flick 'Black Snake Moan' is also very keen to play a cameo in the new 'Indiana Jones' film.

The 58- year-old actor has a string of hits like Pulp Fiction for which he had earned an Academy Award Nomination, Jurassic Park and Deep Blue Sea.

WTF? LOL​
[/SIZE]​

http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/film.jsp?id=162668&page=4

Other cast notes include the fact that Samuel L Jackson is cameoing as Nick Fury, head of elite intelligence outfit SHIELD. If you're a comics reader, specifically a reader of Marvel's Ultimates imprint, this may be gratifying news, as there Nick Fury is drawn looking exactly like Jackson, but with an eye patch.

The casting was a rumour for a long while, but Arad said to MTV, "The Sam thing was supposed to be the biggest secret of them all. It's amazing how it got out." This sets things up for Jackson to appear as Fury in subsequent Marvel movies like Captain America, The Avengers and possibly even his own film. (Nobody mention the David Hasslehoff TV movie 'Nick Fury: Agent Of Shield'. Also appearing in a cameo is Hilary Swank, but (at the time of writing) they're keeping her role a secret.

http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/film.jsp?id=162668&page=4

Other cast notes include the fact that Samuel L Jackson is cameoing as Nick Fury, head of elite intelligence outfit SHIELD. If you're a comics reader, specifically a reader of Marvel's Ultimates imprint, this may be gratifying news, as there Nick Fury is drawn looking exactly like Jackson, but with an eye patch.

The casting was a rumour for a long while, but Arad said to MTV, "The Sam thing was supposed to be the biggest secret of them all. It's amazing how it got out." This sets things up for Jackson to appear as Fury in subsequent Marvel movies like Captain America, The Avengers and possibly even his own film. (Nobody mention the David Hasslehoff TV movie 'Nick Fury: Agent Of Shield'. Also appearing in a cameo is Hilary Swank, but (at the time of writing) they're keeping her role a secret.
either bethany cabe or kathy dare the woman who shot and parlyzed tony

when i read the iron man sequel villians thread one poster mentioned sunset baine /madame menace and the pic he posted looked just like hillary swank could THAT be hillary's cameo role as a pre-villians sunset?:ninja: :ninja:

So basically, there's still no answer as to whether or not Jackson is in this movie. *Sighs*.

As for swank's role, I'm not sure how I feel about her playing BW.

^BW's tied up with another studio still(Lion's Gate) so it won't be her.

If Swank turns out to be The Black Widwo then I'm dreading the idea of hearing her speak with a Russian accent. I just don't think she can pull one off and it'll end up being as bad as Beckinsale's accent in Van Helsing.

She's about 18 times the actor Beckinsdale is, so I doubt it'll be a problem.

when i read the iron man sequel villians thread one poster mentioned sunset baine /madame menace and the pic he posted looked just like hillary swank could THAT be hillary's cameo role as a pre-villians sunset?:ninja: :ninja:

I was also thinking Sunset Baine is a definite possibility.

Lionsgate lost the rights to Black Widow & Iron Fist long ago.

which is great news...The more studios start losing rights the better.

Only Spider-Man should stay with Sony and X-Men with Fox, because Marvel just can't match the budgets of those movies.

Only Spider-Man should stay with Sony and X-Men with Fox, because Marvel just can't match the budgets of those movies.

spidey, maybe.

but fox deserves to lose x-men on principal

I personally feel that Marvel can handle spider-man easily and furthermore, I dont think the spidey movies need a bloated budget of $200milliom+ to get the job done.

Take this for what it's worth, but according to the commentary on the FF2 DVD, General Hager was originally Nick Fury, but that was changed because they wanted to keep him for a SHIELD movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"