Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still dont know if Fox plans to use this saga for the First Class sequel or if they are setting up a possible X-men 4 after that....

But in case they want to go with the first option:

- Which actors from original trilogy/movies would you love to see return?

Note: No limit in the choices number, so you can vote all the x-men you really want them to include.

That Britney gif is amazing!

There were actually moments in X2 when Storm could fly (when the team enter the base we see a bit of wind and soldiers looking confused) but for reasons (probably budget) that didn't happen. Storm did have two big 'saving the day' moments in X2 but all Halle had to do was stare and let the VFX do the rest in post. Storm never had an arc or storyline in Singer's film, she was just there, and I can't imagine what Storm would have done if Halle's profile wasn't raised between X1 and X2.

I also heard from X2's DVD commentary that Storm was supposed to stop the policemen during the raid on Bobby's house instead of Rogue touching Pyro's feet and using Iceman's power. But once again, it was too expensive for them to do that.

Last edited:
Agreed Electrix.

X3's Storm was more true to the character in terms of her sheer power displays. Bryan's Storm was very romanticized and softer in tone. I think most fans wanted a more hard, regal character who was a leader. Both X2 and X3's "Storm" characters were extremes but technically, the character needs BOTH to form a complete and accurate portrayal of the weather Goddess. But I am not sure Bryan can find a balance between the two. I have a feeling he will just avoid the idea altogether and keep it moving. :down

That said, I do want Storm in this next film. Since it's DOFP, she needs to be there. However, they do NOT need to have Halle Berry's presence for a cameo to accomplish that. I could do without Halle at this point--her life is f***ed up as it is--just in real life. :p

Paging Zoe Saldana. :p

Zoe Saldana wouldn't be the perfect replacement for Halle Berry, simply Zoe is so much younger than Halle. She would be a good choice if they cast her as the younger version of Storm.

Zoe Saldana wouldn't be the perfect replacement for Halle Berry, simply Zoe is so much younger than Halle. She would be a good choice if they cast her as the younger version of Storm.

That's all I want for Christmas Santa. I've been a very good boy.

Zoe isn't THAT much younger in appearance. She's the perfect age for what Fox wants to do with this series at this point.

But she still looks younger than Halle Berry, if DOFP Storm is set in the future, the difference between them (Halle/Zoe) would be really noticeable. Storm would look like she aged backwards.

I don't think so at all.

I suppose they could age Zoe Saldana a bit but having a younger Storm appear in Days of Future Past makes no sense. Saldana is just the wrong age to play either version of Storm (70s/future) and even if she played Storm she'd still be at the mercy of the script like Halle was.

Recasting future Storm also defeats one of the main selling points of Days of Future Past. It's supposed to be original cast meets new cast, and dropping new folks in would ruin that. This isn't a Hulk situation, Halle has played Storm for 3 movies and it would be a noticeable recast. Halle, along with Jackman, McKellen, Stewart and Janssen, were the faces of the original trilogy. Not having them in DOFP would make it less eventful.

Halle for future Storm or no one. Cast a younger Storm for the 70s if the story calls for it.

Last edited:
do you all really think Zoe has a better look for movie Storm?

No, Zoe doesn't look much like Storm. She's the only other high-profile darker skinned actress (Puerto Rican/Dominican) appearing in movies. It's lazy casting, but it's the casting that got Halle the role over a decade ago, so.

Last edited:
I love Halle Berry, she must return with Famke.Hate one Recasting.They are the true divas of X-Men with Rebecca.

0000013921_20060921043513.jpg

Image.aspx

December 2012
1gre2o.jpg

No, Zoe doesn't look much like Storm. She's the only other high-profile darker skinned actress (Puerto Rican/Dominican) appearing in movies. It's lazy casting, but it's the casting that got Halle the role over a decade ago, so.
She looks more like Storm than Berry, has a commanding presence when she needs it, and is the superior actress.

I'm not advocating a recast, LS! was the one who brought it up, but there's really nothing wrong with Saldana in both age and appearance.

not sure about Zoe being a better actress.

havent seen enough from her to confirm that.

It's not a difficult task.

When halle is given a great script and tries.... Halle can be pretty fantastic. Problem is that those are few and far between

Its to bad that there's no known mocca skinned blue eyed actress out there....

If DoFP is supposed to be reuniting viewers with the familiar faces and also giving them one final farewell as they pass the torch to the First Class franchise, then it has to be Halle as Storm. It defeats the point otherwise.

I am really not sure about recasting the part just for one 'final farewell' film.

To me, Zoe Saldana seems such a boringly obvious choice, not to mention she is now the new Uhura in Star Trek. If they MUST recast, there is also Thandie Newton and Kerry Washington to consider, as well as Christine Adams. And even Iman, who was the original physical inspiration for comic book Storm, is still fabulous looking at age 57, if they wanted Storm to definitely look older.

But, as I said, it should be Halle if they are saying a last goodbye to the familiar faces (except for the immortal and ubiquitous Wolverine).

EDIT: The other thing to consider is that if they don't have Storm, who in the future setting will provide similar ethnic diversity and a powerful female role?

The same thing could be asked about female and black (or other ethnically diverse) characters in the 60s setting.

Last edited:
The way I see it is that if Storm is in the script, then Halle is coming back.

I think they have to bring Storm back in some way, unless they were purposely trying to write her out. Out of any of the original cast returning her and Logan make the most sense.

Storm? Yes. Halle Berry? No.

I'm not even sure if she'd agree to it. She is funny like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"