Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a small cameo from the original cast will be fine. Otherwise, most of the X-Men from the original trilogy should be severely aged (minus Logan cos we know Hugh is back) or younger (since some of the film is still set pre-X1)

Storm? Yes. Halle Berry? No.

I'm not even sure if she'd agree to it. She is funny like that.

She would be funny not to come back. Especially since she was the only one out of the original group back in the day. Asking fans to try to make loud noises & get FOX to do more X-Men movies with the original cast. If they dont ask her to return that is one thing. But if they she should go for it

I think a small cameo from the original cast will be fine. Otherwise, most of the X-Men from the original trilogy should be severely aged (minus Logan cos we know Hugh is back) or younger (since some of the film is still set pre-X1)

We dunno what period the "future" will be though. It may not be our future but the future to the First Class characters.

I suppose they could age Zoe Saldana a bit but having a younger Storm appear in Days of Future Past makes no sense. Saldana is just the wrong age to play either version of Storm (70s/future) and even if she played Storm she'd still be at the mercy of the script like Halle was.

Recasting future Storm also defeats one of the main selling points of Days of Future Past. It's supposed to be original cast meets new cast, and dropping new folks in would ruin that. This isn't a Hulk situation, Halle has played Storm for 3 movies and it would be a noticeable recast. Halle, along with Jackman, McKellen, Stewart and Janssen, were the faces of the original trilogy. Not having them in DOFP would make it less eventful.

Halle for future Storm or no one. Cast a younger Storm for the 70s if the story calls for it.

Yes I completely agree! People always wondered why Angela Basset turned down the role of storm back in the late nineties. She had read the script and realised that Storm's character beared very little resemblance to that of the comic book character which Angela was aware of.

Halle only did X-Men because she was a black actress that was relatively new in the movie industry. She most likely would not have returned for X2 if she wasn't already contractually obliged. The thing is that by X2 halle had read the comic book (actors were not allowed to read the comics for bryan's X-men) and realised her character was so much better than the movie version and now with a higher profile she tried to get a better role which led to slight tensions between herself and Singer. The rest is history.

Whoever played storm would have had to portray the character the way the script says. Angela would have had to play the same Storm that would have had to deliver that very bad toad line. In fact i wouldn't be surprised if people were hating on Angela the way they have been hating on halle since 2000's x-men.

I also agree with your point about Halle, Famke, hugh, Ian, Patrick being the faces of the X-Men trilogy. Can't have a proper x-men reunion if Zoe saldana who is significantly younger than the rest of the cast and would probably stick out like a sore thumb. They have more to gain with including Halle than recasting her.

Last edited:
Yes I completely agree! People always wondered why Angela Basset turned down the role of storm back in the late nineties. She had read the script and realised that Storm's character beared very little resemblance to that of the comic book character which Angela was aware of.

I'm pretty sure I read an issue Wizard Magazine where it's mentioned Angela Bassett was never asked (and hence never turned down the role of Storm). This was a few years after the films had come out.

I also agree with your point about Halle, Famke, hugh, Ian, Patrick being the faces of the X-Men trilogy. Can't have a proper x-men reunion if Zoe saldana who is significantly younger than the rest of the cast and would probably stick out like a sore thumb. They have more to gain with including Halle than recasting her.

This I agree with.

Last edited:
^um yes Angela was asked even Bryan confirmed this.

^ Could've sworn I read the denial on Wizard, and I did a quick search on Google and can't find it.

I think article stated Angela Bassett was interested in playing Storm but she was never asked as they were aiming for a younger Storm.

I remember hearing that Angela Bassett rumor but I also remember that Janet Jackson was offered the role as Storm. She even met with Bryan and saw the set Designs and Concept for the movie. She had to declined to go on tour, whiched she later said she regrets. Me personally I think that she would have been better.. She had a bangin Body back then.

Janet as Storm??????????

is it true?

that could have turned really interesting. But I guess I would be seeing Janet all the time instead of Storm. maybe with blue eyes and a more african clothes I could forget Janet a bit

any manip anyone? :D

Storm? Yes. Halle Berry? No.

I'm not even sure if she'd agree to it. She is funny like that.

LOL, are you kidding? Halle would definitely agree to it. A lot of time has passed and she has not been very successful of late in terms of new film projects. She needs this blockbuster right about now. I am not worried about that. What I'm concerned with is setting the "Storm Ship" properly with this reboot/no-it's-a-remake/X3 write-off/whatever-it-is. :rolleyes: This is a MAJOR opportunity for this particular character, along with Cyclops and Jean to be "corrected" once and for all.

I guess what I was proposing was introducing Zoe (or Thandie or any other capable actress) as Storm for the "flashback" aspect and for that new actress to grow up with the new "First Class" franchise. Halle's Storm doesn't have to be in the future scenes along with Stewart or McKellan unless the story really calls for it.

In other words, Halle Berry is not an essential for this next film just to justify Storm's presence. Not ALL of the past X-Men need to meet their Futures, ya know?

Last edited:
No, Zoe doesn't look much like Storm. She's the only other high-profile darker skinned actress (Puerto Rican/Dominican) appearing in movies. It's lazy casting, but it's the casting that got Halle the role over a decade ago, so.

Halle's complexion, etc., is fine. She has "the look" required.

634d4c_01a8728aaa6fecafb38315a572a87286.jpg

Halle's challenges stemmed from 1.) bad writing (which is why Simon Kinberg being attached to this project gives me shudders), 2.) cosmetics--they kept putting this powdery finish on her face, making her a LOT fair complexioned in the films than she is in real life (the wig looked its best in the X3 with the black and gray roots--It at least looked natural) and 3.) a soft voice Nothing can be done about No. 3. That's a Halle-unique issue. But in terms of looks, she's no better or worse than Zoe or whatever. For a woman, Halle is not exactly a shortie. She's what, 5'8? Put her in heels and she's easily got the 5'11 needed.

In my opinion, if X3 did anything right, it got Storm's attitude and "Goddess of Fury" aspect in check for once. She was not the doormat of the prior films...she was finally flying, spinning and kicking/frying a lot of ass.

girls-of-the-rush-halle-berry-546-image_gallery_1867_halle-berry-storm_480x480.jpg

girls-of-the-rush-halle-berry-546-image_gallery_1869_halle-berry-storm_480x480.jpg

storm20xm.jpg

xmen310.jpg

AND she clearly has a lot of love for Bryan Singer as this last inteview regarding her thoughts on Brett Ratner taking over shows:

"I don¹t think any of us thought there would be a franchise without [Bryan]," she said. "I mean, we thought, 'There's no way they would do 3 without him.' So when we had to wrap our brains around, yes, in fact, he was not going to direct, it was a very confusing time. Some of us not knowing if we were coming back or not, for various reasons. [Brett] had big shoes to fill.

Bryan is an amazing director and did a great job with the series, so there was a lot of pressure and question if he could do it."

So I really don't think she'd be against it. The question is, will it make sense for the film? And will Bryan have the sense to get her back involved--and do the character right? :dry:

Last edited:
December 2012
1gre2o.jpg

WOW! :hrt:

Famke has such gorgeous hair. Why they didn't just dye it for X3 (versus that tired-ass wig--all the wigs in the X-Men films were sooooo f***ing cheap looking) I dunno.

Last edited:
I remember hearing that Angela Bassett rumor but I also remember that Janet Jackson was offered the role as Storm. She even met with Bryan and saw the set Designs and Concept for the movie. She had to declined to go on tour, whiched she later said she regrets. Me personally I think that she would have been better.. She had a bangin Body back then.

I want to say i heard about this too but i cant find the link to the article.

Halle is 46 years old.

Zoe is 34 years old.

That's almost nothing in Hollywood.

The black roots made zero sense in X3 storms hair color from birth was white... Its a product of her mutation. X3 made it look dyed

I suppose they could age Zoe Saldana a bit but having a younger Storm appear in Days of Future Past makes no sense. Saldana is just the wrong age to play either version of Storm (70s/future) and even if she played Storm she'd still be at the mercy of the script like Halle was.

Recasting future Storm also defeats one of the main selling points of Days of Future Past. It's supposed to be original cast meets new cast, and dropping new folks in would ruin that. This isn't a Hulk situation, Halle has played Storm for 3 movies and it would be a noticeable recast. Halle, along with Jackman, McKellen, Stewart and Janssen, were the faces of the original trilogy. Not having them in DOFP would make it less eventful.

Halle for future Storm or no one. Cast a younger Storm for the 70s if the story calls for it.

I completely agree with you! Plus Halle Berry was one of the major stars of the original trilogy, her name was always up there next to Hugh Jackman. She's definitely memorable as Storm.

I would hope that they could get all the essential X-Men that "survived" X3 for an amazing future sequence. I'm talking all-out displays of power, a final high-stakes mission, and ultimately... their deaths.

If I had my choice, I would bring back Logan, Storm, Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus (and maybe Nightcrawler if the budget can include him). I would establish that Beast, Angel, and Iceman had perished. And of course, Magneto would be fighting alongside them to show that all mutants are fighting together for survival.

The franchise has always been blessed with more talent than they've known what to do with. Here are the "future" X-ladies as they appear now showing off the look and attitude that they were never able to display in the movies. :argh:

6FMrW.jpg

Kitty is smarter than you'll ever be, Storm is the goddess, and Rogue is the Southern belle/femme fatale.

Last edited:
True, the movie was bad I'm not denying that. I just don't think the intention was to make the white look dyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"