Superman Returns After multiple trailers, I still don't like the new Supes, but I'll go see it

SpandexFan

Civilian
Reaction score
I was wondering who else is with me?

Sorry, no matter how many trailers, screenshots or interviews I watch, I still can't get a feel for the new Superman. Too young, too skinny, too everything that Chris Reeve didn't have which made him the best Superman on TV or the silver screen yet. (I won't even get into the Lois Lane and Lex Luthor stuff.)

Call me a disbeliever, call me a false fan, call me a troll, whatever you want, I'm still not happy with the Bryan Singer production of my favorite superhero. I've heard horrible casting decisions before that were changed as I saw more of the finished product, and while I really dig the new Superman flying F/X, there are still too many things in the new movie that make me cringe.

I hope Singer proves me wrong.

Thanks for weighing in. Nobody cares. Put this in one of the other billion threads out there.

I can respectfully disagree with that. Routh sounds like superman and clark well enough and that's all for now, but hopefully that voice of his is an indication of how good he'll act as supes too.

maybe

You have no opinion as the film isn't out yet. No offense.

ACES2.jpg

^ Not to mention the fact that this is only the second trailer we've seen for SR, as opposed to, say, X3.

But I have a feeling, as I'm sure most of you do, that we haven't seen anything yet. Who knows? By the end of this month and into the first week of June, we could be swamped with trailers and TV spots related to SR.

What's with all this "too skinny" crap? He is clearly bigger than Reeve was in STM, and i rarely see anybody complain about him.

My issue with this thread is that your opinion isnt special and could have went in any of the trailer threads where the rest of us posted ours

Justin from BT has confirmed that we'll see more (second trailer or 10 minutes preview?).

So far I'm liking Routh's Superman and Clark more than Reeve's.

Reeve was good, but a lot of you over rate him because of the tragedy that happened. And another lot over rate him because he was the first Superman you saw. He introduced Superman to me as well, and I have a special spot for him too - but I don't let it get in the way of other interpretations of Superman.

Some people won't give Brandon Routh a chance simply because he isn't the reincarnation of Christopher Reeve.

Masut said:
Reeve was good, but a lot of you over rate him because of the tradgedy that happened. And another lot over rate him because he was the first Superman you saw. He introduced Superman to me as well, and I have a special spot for him too - but I don't let it get in the way of other interpretations of Superman.

Some people won't give Brandon Routh a chance simply because he isn't the reincarnation of Christopher Reeve.

Very true.

Routh comes off as a very likeable, down to earth guy in his interviews...I'm pretty sure that trait of his will translate well when he's portraying the character on the big screen.

Your childhood memories won't be ruined if Routh turns out to be better than Reeve.

I feel sorry for Routh..

he needs support not to be bashed for every little thing he does..Fans are ment to be supportive.not little *******s who pick on every little detail.. "oh my god he didn't smile the right way"

there are larger things in this world that we should be taking notice of..World peace,globle warming.. to name a few. not why isn't Routh Christopher Reeve.

wait till you see it,then decide.
SpandexFan said:

Sorry, no matter how many trailers, screenshots or interviews I watch, I still can't get a feel for the new Superman. Too young, too skinny, too everything that Chris Reeve didn't have which made him the best Superman on TV or the silver screen yet. (I won't even get into the Lois Lane and Lex Luthor stuff.)

Call me a disbeliever, call me a false fan, call me a troll, whatever you want, I'm still not happy with the Bryan Singer production of my favorite superhero. I've heard horrible casting decisions before that were changed as I saw more of the finished product, and while I really dig the new Superman flying F/X, there are still too many things in the new movie that make me cringe.

i agree with most of the others, why has this got its own thread?

all i can say is, "at least you said you still gonna see it", because although i see where you are coming from, i think you may change your mind when you see the film. I grew up with reeve but still doesn't make me believe that brandon isnt superman....because he is, that's the way i like it, as i'm sure many others do to , and that's just something you have to live with for now

If this movie's as good as the hulk, you have nothing to worry about my friend.

Too thin?

srtrailer007_0001.jpg

Don't make me laugh..

Aside from Reeve in Superman III onwards, I can't recall any other Superman actor coming off any bigger than this onscreen.

Kane said:
Too thin?

srtrailer007_0001.jpg

Don't make me laugh..

Aside from Reeve in Superman III onwards, I can't recall any other Superman actor coming off any bigger than this onscreen.

Agreed!

this is some badass superman pose. the best superman pose of all time. you can love reeve as much as you want. you can have a reeve doll with you when you sleep. but there is no reeve pose that looks as good as that.

absolutely. i love Reeve, but THAT is Superman

I can't wait to see more previews, not so I can find the flaws in Routh, but because I have been really impressed with what little I've seen so far and want to see more.

These too thin people want a body builder and dont understand that tight material compress's.

Masut said:
Reeve was good, but a lot of you over rate him because of the tragedy that happened. And another lot over rate him because he was the first Superman you saw. He introduced Superman to me as well, and I have a special spot for him too - but I don't let it get in the way of other interpretations of Superman.

That is not true. I always thought Reeve was the best Superman there ever was because of his talent. Please don't accuse many of liking him as Supes because of the accident. I think that it's rude & uncall for. Even before the accident, he was always Superman to me. But I surely as hell going to give Routh a chance & think he will do great. Being better than Reeve? Well, time will tell when we see the movie. :)

SpandexFan said:

No more... please.... please!

412110.gif

The whining must stop... :(

Ugh, what's with all this too skinny crap. He has super strength to begin with, it's not going to matter how freaking muscular he is. Besides, having a huge body builder type guy in really tight clothing...hopping around the screen..ugh It would look gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"