Superman Returns After multiple trailers, I still don't like the new Supes, but I'll go see it

i personally think routh can pull it off and be a good superman but still reeve will always be classified as the best superman in almost everyones mind

Except for me...i didn't like any of the Superman movies..

supermanreturns0494xf.jpg

Enough Said

SpandexFan said:
I was wondering who else is with me?

Sorry, no matter how many trailers, screenshots or interviews I watch, I still can't get a feel for the new Superman. Too young, too skinny, too everything that Chris Reeve didn't have which made him the best Superman on TV or the silver screen yet. (I won't even get into the Lois Lane and Lex Luthor stuff.)

Call me a disbeliever, call me a false fan, call me a troll, whatever you want, I'm still not happy with the Bryan Singer production of my favorite superhero. I've heard horrible casting decisions before that were changed as I saw more of the finished product, and while I really dig the new Superman flying F/X, there are still too many things in the new movie that make me cringe.

I hope Singer proves me wrong.

As far as Brandon goes I agree 100% he's to young, skinny, and alot of other things BUT!
I to will still watch the movie cause after all it's SUPERMAN!!!

Lets be honest the movie could suck on some major level, and we will all still be there atleast opening week.
Ill be there with 20 friends on opening night heh...

The thing that will really show you if the major fanbase likes the movie or not is the 2nd week, and 3rd week of its release.
If it drops 60 - 67% the 2nd week out then this means that most people who saw it didnt like it enough to watch it again, and will tell us alot of what people thought of the movie in general...

I think Spacey is going to steal the show with his LEX... He looked campy in the trailer yes.. But was so much like hackman that I actually want to see where he goes with the character in the film... Oh, and they should name part of lex's new map "OTISBERG" just in tribute to OTIS!! lol I guess Kumar is this movies Otis??? :p

Masut said:
So far I'm liking Routh's Superman and Clark more than Reeve's.

Reeve was good, but a lot of you over rate him because of the tragedy that happened. And another lot over rate him because he was the first Superman you saw. He introduced Superman to me as well, and I have a special spot for him too - but I don't let it get in the way of other interpretations of Superman.

Some people won't give Brandon Routh a chance simply because he isn't the reincarnation of Christopher Reeve.

You know people are quick to jump on people who dislike elements of the film saying "We haven't seen it yet", I think this applies here. How the hell do you get that impression from a couple of lines of Dialogue? How can you say he surpasses Reeve who did 4 films when you've seen barely anything of him?
It's like saying Daniel Craig is a better Bond than Sean Connery after seeing a couple of lines of dialogue!

To say people overate him because of his accident is low and just uncalled for, could it be that people just liked Reeve because in their eyes he did a damn good job?
I really want Routh to win over the fans and in all honesty I think he will, but jeez!

jesus... i don't know what's worse... the fact that people still make threads like this, or the fact that seasoned posters still post in them.

kit1982 said:
How can you say he surpasses Reeve who did 4 films when you've seen barely anything of him?

I am sure to most Superman 3 & 4 does not count as they were awful

^

the first and second were no picnic, either... they were obvoius products of their time, filled to the brim with cheese, which worked well back then, but, sadly, does not hold up today... at all.

the only reason people still cling to those movies is because of nostalgia.

You should be grateful we didn't get Brendon Fraser as Supes and Beyonce Knowles as Lois, with McG directing!! :eek:

GothicPowerMix1 said:
I am sure to most Superman 3 & 4 does not count as they were awful

Yeh but you see my point, we have 4 films to judge Reeves performance whilst people are already saying Routh surpasses him from a few lines of dialogue!

kit1982 said:
Yeh but you see my point, we have 4 films to judge Reeves performance whilst people are already saying Routh surpasses him from a few lines of dialogue!

I give up asking People to try waiting before you completely judge the Film.

GothicPowerMix1 said:
I give up asking People to try waiting before you completely judge the Film.

People just seem to throw themselves to one side or the other, if the hypes taught me anything its with fans there is black, white but absolutely no gray area. It was even worse with Batman Begins last year!

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
Fans are ment to be supportive.not little *******s who pick on every little detail.. "oh my god he didn't smile the right way"
When was that decided? The general fan population didn't get that memo.

:D

I have to say I am going to give routh the chance I think any one deserves when they step into those big, big boots. Give him a go.
I have shown the trailers and a few pics to friends and family and I have to say all of them turned their noses up and said I dont think he's right as superman and all said he looked young. I can see what they mean but lets see how he fairs in action.

Tron5000 said:
please.

close.

thread.
People

are allowed

different

opinions.

dark_b said:
this is some badass superman pose. the best superman pose of all time. you can love reeve as much as you want. you can have a reeve doll with you when you sleep. but there is no reeve pose that looks as good as that.

LMFAO!!!

well said dark_b!

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
I feel sorry for Routh..

I don't really feel sorry for him. The guy is making big money to be in a huge movie and has jumped into the spotlight overnight. I'll switch with him. :O

I personally don't love what I see myself, but I am still pretty excited to go see it...it is Superman...and while there are huge flaws with the story, the casting, most of the ideas, gotta see Superman. But you boys need to stop acting like a bunch of babies just because someone does not love it, I mean get a life...Some people are afraid that one of their favorite icons will not make it to par and I am a little apprehensive as well, but come on...

Ya know, I have had some problems too. No, I dont think he's too skinny. Just built kinda funny. Frankly he has a wasp waist accompanied with wider than average hips. The suit style doesn't detract some as much as emphasize that in some poses. He also has large thighs and a slender upper body. Bottom line. He's bottom heavy.

That being said. And? So what. It's hard to find the perfect build and be able to act. His Clark and Superman Faces appear dead on. Enough for me and most the laymans out here. Perhaps more work into suit styling may have helped the detractions. But it certainly isn't god awful.

And frankly I don't think the films with Reeve films were close to perfection either. They seem to have taken on mythic porportions with Reeve's accident and demise. But if you actually watch them for what they are then I've seen better cartoons.

I hope Singer and Routh can revive the series and I think they will, regardless of minor flaws. Perhaps when the movie actually comes out a more informed opinion can be formed rather than dealing with still shots and a few minutes of screen time.

The muscle suit helps him being skinny a bit. But as others have stated technically he should be the build of Barney Fife. its not like he can really work out much. I want to see more of him flying. from what I've seen he looks a bit awkward. But no one has really pulled it off as well as Chris Reeve. most just stick thier hands out infront of them. Chris always reached for something it gave the flying effects a little depth. I hope Brandon doesn't come off too wodden. I love his Clark Kent and his Superman looks pretty cool so far

The look of an actor simply could never ruin a film for me. Within reason, of course. There's so more about than that, there's so much more about acting than just a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"