age of apocalypse film

M

mutant_eye

I know they are going to do a magneto film and a wolverine film, but dont you think it would be a good idea to do a X4: The Age Of Apocalypse film?

It such a strong storyline and has so many elements to it that it would make a great film on its own.

What do you think?

no

this has been discussed viamently on other boards so you should look around to find one of the many boards that say ethe AoA next? or what should X4 be? it really isn't teribbly hard

but to answer your question, there is no chance in hell they do AoA...to many main characters haven't even been introduced yet...and for as consernd with the general public as the xmen franchise has been, so much that they rewrote the origins, and characters, and story lines to fit the bill for every...

there is no chance they go with a storyline about an alternate present in which Magneto, the Main villan in the first three movies is now the leader of the xmen, and many bad guys work with the good guys...but there are just so many characters...the humans have there superhuman guys that can fight the mutants...and apacolypse hasn't been explained yet so no one will get him..

yeah, no chance

but a movie with apacolypse in it is possible, but not AoA

if they were, they should go in a whole new direction, really 'sci-fi' it up, and use bishop, cable, and timetraveling. do like a terminator 2 type scenario with a destroyed future (like the cartoon had in the 90s)! they could shoot it back to back, and...

...i'm already tired of my own idea, b/c i know they'd screw it up royally...nevermind.

Thank you prognosticator that is what I meant, not X4 but a whole new film, in the same way they are doing Wolverine and Magneto.

mutant_eye said:
I know they are going to do a magneto film and a wolverine film, but dont you think it would be a good idea to do a X4: The Age Of Apocalypse film?

It such a strong storyline and has so many elements to it that it would make a great film on its own.

What do you think?

well i've mentioned this on dozens of occasions but again yes this is a great idea....

this is why i'm hoping the end will have some kind of cliffhanger for it or that Ratner planted seeds in the X3 to make it possible for the Age of the Apocalypse era to happen. we will see what happens at the end of X3.

as long as there is money in it they will keep making the films, and hopefully they will look to the greatest legend storyies for inspiration as they have done with pheonix

AoA was amazing, but I wouldn't want to see it translated into a film. I don't see any way that it could be even marginally as good as the first three. Now an X-Men AoA cartoon in the vein of the Avengers straight-to-DVD? That's what I wanna see!!

/\no i would rather see it on the big screen

i mean the Last Stand is a more larger scale than the first two but i think the age of the apocalypse can be even larger like Star Wars big. tons of soldiers and battles and many significant deaths. i think it would work.

AoA the film? That's something that'd be great for animation but for film? That would mean X-MEN:1-2-3 never happened and that would be dumb. Plus they would'nt make an age of apocalypse film EVER. Besides If there gonna make an X-Men story into film it should be the Dark Phoenix Saga.

what about a THIRD trilogy, X7-9. that would definitley work for AoA

when I was like in 5th or 6th grade, I thought it would be a great idea to have the first movie be the X-Men vs. Magneto, then at the end cut to Legion doing something like saying he has to make it all better or something, maybe even him going back in time. Then have #2 be Legion Quest, thus setting up AoA for #3.

Now I'm 22 and I know this is a bad idea.

i couldnt see it happening- at all. they havent introduced nearly enough characters in the current films, there hasnt been a whisper of apocalypse, and making alternate future/spin-off/sequel film would confuse about half the audience who would watch it- that would be the half who have never read an issue of X-Men.

i always thought that if they were to make a new trilogy for X-Men they could focus on the Hellfire Club and ultimately Apocalypse- but even then, it would stay within the current film continuity.

but an Age of Apocalypse dvd, bring it on.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"