Apocalypse X-Mem Apocalypse in he 1970's... Really?

He was defeated sometimes because he wasn't fully recovered, like when Dark Riders beated him.

I don't get where this notion came from that Apocalypse is the uber villain of the series. His back story is bigger than the character.
The 90s cartoon. Not only was he portrayed as the ultimate villain, but the show is also the main reason why the character is so popular. The comic version of Apocalypse is almost a joke by comparison.

For me, it was the videogames/arcade. It was the final round and I had to face Apocalypse.

Because Age of Apocalypse showed that Apocalypse was by far a greater threat than Magneto ever could be.

marvel-x-men-age-of-apocalypse-omnibus-hard-cover-1.jpg

Imagine a movie poster like this, though scaled down a little? Would be amazing!

they definetly should do a really epic cover, something that feels like HUGE EPIC movie/adventure that none can miss.

You know, in a sense, a vibe like all the iconic sagas, like Star Wars, to name one really famous.

Something that screams the Event of the year, with all the unique mutants on the cover.

Fox hasnt done anything like this with the X-Men yet, in all this decade, so I hope they do it in the near future. If not for DOFP, at least for Apocalypse.

Because Age of Apocalypse showed that Apocalypse was by far a greater threat than Magneto ever could be.

marvel-x-men-age-of-apocalypse-omnibus-hard-cover-1.jpg

How so? Xavier's death changed Magneto. Apocalypse didn't out villain him. And as I mentioned in my earlier post Magneto killed Apocalypse in their one on one fight. Apocalypse wasn't a master mind that planned the AoA. It was just a setting and a world that he inherited via another character's actions.

If you look at pre-animated series Apocalypse he only appeared in the pages of X-Factor. He introduced the alliance of evil, the four horsemen, and infected Nathan Christopher with techo organic virus. He was "killed" by Cyclops until he showed up in a weakened state in the X-Cutioner's song where he was beaten by Strye and killed by the Dark Riders.

Apocalypse was never the main antagonist in the cross overs. Mr. Sinister was behind the Mutant Massacre and Inferno. In Inferno Sinister faced off against the Goblin Queen and fought the X-Men and X-Factor.

Magneto was the antagonist in Fatal Attractions. The aftermath of that cross over impacted the X-Men universe for quite some time. As cool as Age of Apocalypse was, besides for introducing a couple of characters to the main story, it was really just a change in setting and didn't have a lasting effect on the main story.

^ It comes down to this...

For both Magneto and Apocalypse the X-Men have been the difference in thwarting their plans. Let's analyze what each has done, that was prevented by the X-Men:

Mags:

- He first attacked the US military base Cape Citadel.

- Creates Asteroid M.

- Conquers the South American nation of San Marco in order to create a homeland for mutants.

- Along with his Brotherhood he captured the X-Men.

- Creates the Savage Land Mutates.

- He opposed Doctor Doom's attempt at taking over the world.

- Involved in the Secret Wars (aligned with Xavier and the X-Men)

- Helps the X-Men defeat the Beyonder.

There are plenty of other schemes that he has attempted, but mainly Magneto has strayed between world domination (believing that there is no peaceful coexistence) and creating a safehaven for mutants.

Although he has shown willingness to kill those who try to stop him, he is acting because he believes he (and his kind) are under attack. He wants to rule, because (possibly correctly) he believes that home superior, are superior, or he wants to isolate himself and provide a safe existence for his kind. He believes that "a war is coming" and in order to protect mutantkind he must defeat humankind.

Yes, he has done evil things, but he has not done the kind of evil things that Apocalypse has.

Apocalypse:

- He transformed Nathaniel Essex into Mr Sinister and tried to get him to infect the world with a plague that would transmute them. He was defeated by the time travleing Cyclops and Jean Grey only because he was weakened by the betrayal of Mr Sinister. This forced him into his slumber, from which he wouldn't awake for almost 40 years. He likely would have taken over the world if not for Sinister's actions.

- He creates his Horseman with Angel as the leader Death, with the plans of destroying New York. Again, he was only defeated because Angel regained his senses after believing that Iceman had perished, and because the X-Men had help.

- He infected Cable with the technoorganic virus, sending Cable to the future where Apocalypse had taken over and ruled the earth until the 39th century.

And there are plenty more things that he has done. But the main point is that most of the times he has gone up against the X-Men (or other X teams) he was in a weakened state, or was betrayed to enable his defeat. In almost all cases it took multiple teams to defeat him.

The truth is, Magneto is just a man, while Apocalypse is something more. He is eternal and has powers way beyond what Magneto has. He's all about Survival of the Fittest. Yes, Apocalypse was effectively X-Factor's Magneto. And again, although Apocalypse believes that he is doing the right thing, the difference between him and Magneto is the desired end product and how to get there.

Magneto wants to rule or be isoltaed, in order to protect mutantkind, while Apocalypse doesn't care who dies in order to promote his ideal of survival of the fittest.

Also, here is something to think about...

Magneto was never able to take over the world, while Apocalypse rules in the future (until the 39th century) and also rules in the Age of Apocalypse universe, which deviated from the 616 universe because of Xavier's death. In other words, Apocalypse has and will win, while Mags never has or will.

Yes, in pretty much every list Magneto is considered number 1 as far as X-Men villains, but that's more because of his popularity and frequency. But in each of these same lists, guess who's number 2...

Here is a statement from one of those lists:

"Apocalypse represents perhaps the greatest threat the X-Men have faced"

I'd love to see and XMEN film in the 80's! The theme fits Gambit (also the Wolverine Origins character appearance space and time) and Jubilee as well! I don't know how it will fit AoA or any Apocalypse related scenario, but please bring us an 80's XMEN movie!

Jubilee was in X1 and X2, cameos, but she was.

^ It comes down to this...

For both Magneto and Apocalypse the X-Men have been the difference in thwarting their plans. Let's analyze what each has done, that was prevented by the X-Men:

Mags:

- He first attacked the US military base Cape Citadel.

- Creates Asteroid M.

- Conquers the South American nation of San Marco in order to create a homeland for mutants.

- Along with his Brotherhood he captured the X-Men.

- Creates the Savage Land Mutates.

- He opposed Doctor Doom's attempt at taking over the world.

- Involved in the Secret Wars (aligned with Xavier and the X-Men)

- Helps the X-Men defeat the Beyonder.

There are plenty of other schemes that he has attempted, but mainly Magneto has strayed between world domination (believing that there is no peaceful coexistence) and creating a safehaven for mutants.

Although he has shown willingness to kill those who try to stop him, he is acting because he believes he (and his kind) are under attack. He wants to rule, because (possibly correctly) he believes that home superior, are superior, or he wants to isolate himself and provide a safe existence for his kind. He believes that "a war is coming" and in order to protect mutantkind he must defeat humankind.

Yes, he has done evil things, but he has not done the kind of evil things that Apocalypse has.

Apocalypse:

- He transformed Nathaniel Essex into Mr Sinister and tried to get him to infect the world with a plague that would transmute them. He was defeated by the time travleing Cyclops and Jean Grey only because he was weakened by the betrayal of Mr Sinister. This forced him into his slumber, from which he wouldn't awake for almost 40 years. He likely would have taken over the world if not for Sinister's actions.

- He creates his Horseman with Angel as the leader Death, with the plans of destroying New York. Again, he was only defeated because Angel regained his senses after believing that Iceman had perished, and because the X-Men had help.

- He infected Cable with the technoorganic virus, sending Cable to the future where Apocalypse had taken over and ruled the earth until the 39th century.

And there are plenty more things that he has done. But the main point is that most of the times he has gone up against the X-Men (or other X teams) he was in a weakened state, or was betrayed to enable his defeat. In almost all cases it took multiple teams to defeat him.

The truth is, Magneto is just a man, while Apocalypse is something more. He is eternal and has powers way beyond what Magneto has. He's all about Survival of the Fittest. Yes, Apocalypse was effectively X-Factor's Magneto. And again, although Apocalypse believes that he is doing the right thing, the difference between him and Magneto is the desired end product and how to get there.

Magneto wants to rule or be isoltaed, in order to protect mutantkind, while Apocalypse doesn't care who dies in order to promote his ideal of survival of the fittest.

Also, here is something to think about...

Magneto was never able to take over the world, while Apocalypse rules in the future (until the 39th century) and also rules in the Age of Apocalypse universe, which deviated from the 616 universe because of Xavier's death. In other words, Apocalypse has and will win, while Mags never has or will.

Yes, in pretty much every list Magneto is considered number 1 as far as X-Men villains, but that's more because of his popularity and frequency. But in each of these same lists, guess who's number 2...

Here is a statement from one of those lists:

"Apocalypse represents perhaps the greatest threat the X-Men have faced"

All of this. And yes, let's be honest, the damn 90's cartoon is a HUGE influence on the character's popularity. Honestly, I like Magneto better too, but Apocalypse is a much more "event centric" villain and comes across as more powerful in every way. What other villains from the x-men's rogues gallery are as popular or as powerful as Apocalypse. We've seen Magneto and most of the others are just henchmen types. Only Sinister and the Sentinals have been huge threats. Sentinals we'll see in DOFP as Sinister is so tied to Apocalypse that if you bring him in, you might as well use Apocalypse as well.

I disagree, Sinister needs to be his own villain. Maybe appear and pretend to help the heroes but have some sort of agenda of his own.

they should keep with the flashback concepts for the future FC movies and AOA, I'd personally love to see a 90's style flashback for part of that one because Apocalypse was pretty popular around that time and the costumes would be sick if they did it even partially right.

I know Hugh Jackman traveling to the 70s will alter things in the past and in the future but if X-Men: Apocalypse is indeed a FC film. I hope they will still tie things to X1.

-End the film with Magneto with his 3 brotherhood members, Toad, Mystique and Sabretooth.
-Professor X operating his school
-Beast left the mansion to work for the government
-Cyclops, Jean and Storm are the members of the X-Men
-The proposal for mutant registration begins

Well, has i said in other post, for me just make sense see the Apocalipse with the OT cast in present our future...

the age of apocalipse is not the only saga that can be adapted to the cinema: honestly i dont like to much of AOA, i would like to see something like Apocalipse The TWELVE! :)

Sinister is ok to me related with apocalipse, but for do that, i think that we will need 3 movies yes: Sinister, Horseman and Apocalipse!

And yes, Apocalipse requires the apparence of Cable! And that the producers could try so deep story «Scoot, Jean, Cable»!

I would like to see, the OT cast:

- Cyclops,
- Jean,
- Storm,
- Wolverine
- Rogue (a good chance to make she show her value)
- Kitty
- Bishop

New/Secondary apparences:
- Cable;

Enemys:
- Sinister;
- Four horseman that could be some mutatns of past movies;
. Apocalipse!!

3 movies will be awesome to developed caracters like Cyclops, with the tringle Scoot, Jean and Cable and the mission of Cable to defeat Apo.

Storm and their African origins (Apo. is to African);

Rogue, Wolverine, Kitty, Bishop, oh god will be nice :D

Well, thatis my dream to x-men movie and adaptation to x-men cinema! :)

After seeing DOFP, it doesn't really make sense to me that they would use the FC cast, but whatever. At this point I'm more interested in the present timeline, but I'm sure it'll still be a great movie.

Right now, I'm hoping for 1 last film with the FC cast then after that, go back to the present period cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"