Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mjölnir;31199999 said:
I'm back from seeing it twice and for me this at least matches the first one, even though comparisons won't be fair yet. This has the advantage of being new, and the disadvantage of very different expectations than the first one.

All the characters are used well which is a huge feat when there's so many of them. They all have their place and there's some great character development. I loved Hawkeye in this movie, and while I thought he was cool before I definitely didn't care about him the way I do now. I did enjoy the romance as well, much due to that the acting was spot on to me.

Speaking of acting, it's noticeable how comfortable the actors have become with their roles now. There's a great dynamic between them and it's definitely not just the script. The new guys fall into line very well too and it's a thoroughly great ensemble. All from the back and forth banter to more vulnerable moments worked great for me. Ultron was a great character that was so much more than a killer robot. He was very human. Flawed, crazy and clearly imprinted with lots of Stark, but in a twisted way.

The action is also taken to a new level. The power levels are handled very well and even here there's a team dynamic that carries it all a level higher. Thor is an overall powerhouse, Hulk is a monster, Cap continues on his great TWS style, etc. The only thing I thought was missing from my expectations was more Vision. He didn't really do that much in terms of action. I guess the talked about fight with Thor would have put him to where I expected, and it might have explained his powers a bit more. Then again I guess it was good pacing not to have a fight at that point as the final battle was about to begin.

Another great thing in the battles is that the Avengers really care about saving lives, not just smacking the bad guys. Hulkbuster Iron Man reasons exactly like I expected MoS Superman to do and in the extremely destructive climax the goal constantly remains to save the civilians or die trying. That, for me, makes the stakes more tangible than "this is about to destroy the Earth".

There's a ton more to say but I'll leave it at this for the first post.

This guy speaks the truth. I really liked how Hulkbuster was actively doing damage control throughout the fight.

So is the Nat/Bruce scenes prominent or are they few and far in between. I'm just worried it's going to be a too much. I've been spoiled with superhero movies not having relationship drama. All of the films o can think of besides the Spider-Mans didn't have that much. Even the Superman films didn't have that much drama.

In my opinion there was the right amount of it. I thought there would be more from the talk I heard before seeing it.

It's enough for it to have weight and to let some scenes between the two breathe, which is nice as the two act very well in them, and it sets up the end so it has emotional impact. I never thought it overshadowed anything else.

Towards the end, but I don't think he is really dead. He will be back in my opinion.

Whedon said in an interview that he left him purposedly in a situation where as far as he and the movie was concerned, he was dead, but at the same time, in wich bringing him back or not was up the future directors easily.

If i was already inclined to agree with you before, now even more.

Whedon said in an interview that he left him purposedly in a situation where as far as he and the movie was concerned, he was dead, but at the same time, in wich bringing him back or not was up the future directors easily.

Yeah that description fits with the last shot of Quicksilver.

Yeah that description fits with the last shot of Quicksilver.

:cwink:

Rachel/Bruce in BB/TDK.

Mjölnir;31200055 said:
In my opinion there was the right amount of it. I thought there would be more from the talk I heard before seeing it.

It's enough for it to have weight and to let some scenes between the two breathe, which is nice as the two act very well in them, and it sets up the end so it has emotional impact. I never thought it overshadowed anything else.

Yeah it doesn't seem as bad as I feared. Rachel/Bruce were sort of just there. Just like a C or D plot. It's good that it doesn't live up to the hype. Still think it's a retread of Peggy/Steve but I'll have to see if I'm right. Thanks for answering guys.

Yeah it doesn't seem as bad as I feared. Rachel/Bruce were sort of just there. Just like a C or D plot. It's good that it doesn't live up to the hype. Still think it's a retread of Peggy/Steve but I'll have to see if I'm right. Thanks for answering guys.

The Peggy/Steve thing is actually mentioned in regards to Bruce/Nat. It's a pretty funny moment.

Do they use real armors for Iron Man anymore or are they just CGI? They didn't feel real at all. I'm sure real suits were used in the first Iron Man.

So, Wanda goes completely HAM after Pietro's death? Are there hints of "crazy" Wanda?

Do they use real armors for Iron Man anymore or are they just CGI? They didn't feel real at all. I'm sure real suits were used in the first Iron Man.

Not really I think, and that they do in Iron Man 1 is why I love that movie so much. The stupid thing is, in the opening action scene I'm pretty sure its 99% CGI, but i saw a featurette with behind the scenes from that part of the movie, and there is a guy walking around with an almost full real suit for lighting reference. They could have used it for a close up or something.. If they did then they enhanced it too much IMHO.

So, Wanda goes completely HAM after Pietro's death? Are there hints of "crazy" Wanda?

Wanda is a smidgen crazed at the beginning of the movie but I think she grows more and more sensible throughout the movie. After QS' death she is pissed and blows off some steam but we don't see crazy magic things happening just yet.

I didn't completely understand what Vision was. I haven't read any comics about him. Was he just Jarvis put into a android body?

I didn't completely understand what Vision was. I haven't read any comics about him. Was he just Jarvis put into a android body?

Well they didn't explain 100%. But I think he said himself he was not Ultron and not Jarvis but something new. The body was partially loaded with Ultron's subconscious and Jarvis was later added to it right? So he is kind of an evolved version of Jarvis I guess..

It was a fragment of Jarvis' A.I that saved itself from Ultron and was hiding in the internet, but Vision did not identify himself as Jarvis. It was like Jarvis reborn as something new.

It still kind of sucks that they have to take Bruce Banner's character back to square one at the end of the film.

I mean does he always have to go back into hiding at the end of every film when things get rough for him in the middle of it?

And why isn't the Hulk allowed to speak or say a few more lines when the comics have shown that he's capable of speaking for himself?

Plus, I feel like Vision being able to lift up Thor's hammer without any buildup/arc leading into that moment for his character doesn't do that moment justice.

It still kind of sucks that they have to take Bruce Banner's character back to square one at the end of the film.

I mean does he always have to go back into hiding at the end of every film when things get rough for him in the middle of it?

And why isn't the Hulk allowed to speak or say a few more lines when the comics have shown that he's capable of speaking for himself?

Plus, I feel like Vision being able to lift up Thor's hammer without any buildup/arc leading into that moment for his character doesn't do that moment justice.

Valid points. I suppose they're going with Banner still having doubts on bringing his teammates in danger. Especially Widow now. I think it's kind of a shame they left that completely open though, not much closure or progression there, seems like a setup for something.

I think there is a buildup for the hammer thing, just not from Visions perspective. But the scene has a point, in that moment when he lifts it casually its obvious that he can be trusted. And there is the running joke part of it.

I like it. I'm a fan of The Incredible Hulk series from the 70s and in that he is always hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"