Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, but we still don't know the extent of what the Mind Gem does exactly. Stark finding an AI inside it seemed like such a random convenience

How are we supposed to fully understand what it does when it's his first interaction with it? It is a universe spanning element so it's not like he's going to understand it fully based on the brief interaction he had with it.

There's no way they are recasting the avengers and there's no way the originals aren't being the focus of both IW movies. The MCU isn't going to last forever. After the originals leave it will be over.

There's no way they are recasting the avengers and there's no way the originals aren't being the focus of both IW movies. The MCU isn't going to last forever. After the originals leave it will be over.

You think they're just going to leave billions on the table after the original cast leave? (Which will be in just a few years). Why do you think they're establishing so many new characters?

Not at all, they'll just find new characters to focus on.

While no one knows I believe this will be there way of bringing into culmination all of there stories and I really don't see why it wouldn't involve all of them.

I don't think anybody is saying one team will appear and one wont. I think what some people are saying is there's a chance the New Avengers team will get most of the focus in Infinity War I and set up the original team coming back at the end of that movie on in Infinity War II.

Others are saying the original team will be brought back to headline Infinity War I while the New Avengers will be pushed to the background for both movies.

Both are very possible, so nobody should be talking with any certainty about either.

I think people are also forgetting that there will be two films (Black Panther & Captain Marvel) in between Infinity War part I & II. Not to mention that a LOT can happen in between now and Infinity War part I. Nobody could have guessed that Captain America: The Winter Soldier would have reshaped the Marvel Universe the way it does, so who knows how that world will change in Dr Strange, GOTG2, or Thor: Ragnarok, and even the next Spider-Man film.

I don't think anybody is saying one team will appear and one wont. I think what some people are saying is there's a chance the New Avengers team will get most of the focus in Infinity War I and set up the original team coming back at the end of that movie on in Infinity War II.

Others are saying the original team will be brought back to headline Infinity War I while the New Avengers will be pushed to the background for both movies.

Both are very possible, so nobody should be talking with any certainty about either.

I think people are also forgetting that there will be two films (Black Panther & Captain Marvel) in between Infinity War part I & II. Not to mention that a LOT can happen in between now and Infinity War part I. Nobody could have guessed that Captain America: The Winter Soldier would have reshaped the Marvel Universe the way it does, so who knows how that world will change in Dr Strange, GOTG2, or Thor: Ragnarok, and even the next Spider-Man film.
You know what your right but I think it will be the Former..because my goodness how amazing would that be that the new team get in a bind and have the original team come back to save them or something.

Since we have a new team now, most likely the first film will feature them, maybe along with Spidey, BP and Doc Strange, and the original members will show up in IW2.

Well all I can say is that on another forum (MMO Champion) I know a guy who's always got the latest scoops and rumours and inside sources. And he believes that IW P1 will focus on the New Avengers. He's been right about a lot of stuff, so I trust his judgement.

Apparently Chris Evans is in for the nine months it will take to film both infinity war movies

I think we are going to lose some of the new team in civil war. If the Russos want to create depth and real tension then I can see a few deaths/serious injuries/events that make characters leave the MCU at least temporarily. The number of available characters is growing and some of these are fascinating - Dr Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant Man and Wasp.

To avoid the pacing/over crowding complaints about AoU I can see Marvel making attempts to make the number of characters more manageable. I think fans need to get used to the teams membership constantly changing in the future and not expect to see the original team get all of the attention. I actually like this idea as the new characters are awesome!

And Marvel Studios will just shut down? Despite having all those huge franchises and characters waiting in the wings? :woot:

How are we supposed to fully understand what it does when it's his first interaction with it? It is a universe spanning element so it's not like he's going to understand it fully based on the brief interaction he had with it.

I think that Ultron was an AI created by Baron Von Strucker... after all, he was working with robotics, wasn't he?
and when the avengers atacked the facility, he stored Ultron inside the gem to keep it safe, but things did not work like what he planned, since the gem gave a "mind" to the AI inside it

My idea for New Avengers:
Falcon
War Machine
Ant Man
Dr. Strange
Black Panther

You think they're just going to leave billions on the table after the original cast leave? (Which will be in just a few years). Why do you think they're establishing so many new characters?

More characters doesn't mean they are ever going to focus on them. I don't think the MCU could survive without IM, Cap, Hulk and Thor. I don't think the other characters can make enough money

My idea for New Avengers:
Falcon
War Machine
Ant Man
Dr. Strange
Black Panther

Pretty good but kind of lacking... Sprinkle some women in there. Scarlet Witch or Captain Marvel?

Pretty good but kind of lacking... Sprinkle some women in there. Scarlet Witch or Captain Marvel?

totally forgot about Captain Marvel, ok add Captain Marvel and Wasp xD I dont want black widow as she is part of original avengers

So, has the "leaked" post-credits scene been confirmed?

I think that Ultron was an AI created by Baron Von Strucker... after all, he was working with robotics, wasn't he?
and when the avengers atacked the facility, he stored Ultron inside the gem to keep it safe, but things did not work like what he planned, since the gem gave a "mind" to the AI inside it

Ultron was created by Stark using the characteristics of the gem and uploading it to one of his robots. The Gem just has characteristics that allow AI to be possible.

Iceman said:
This comes down to preference I think. Some prefer one main hero and one main villain, with an epic one on one mental and physical battle throughout the film. My preference has always been more towards teams and through comics and films I've rarely been left disappointed. It seems a lot of the GA are ok with this format given that X-films are still around with Furious going from strength to strength adding ever more characters, LotR, Pirates, even the new Star Wars etc. It does add a lot of complications in focus, pacing and characterisation which make it more of a challenge to impress critics but the benefits to scale been making up for some of that to the GA at least. It's not for everyone but I guess many of those who are going to find this type of film less appealing know by now and don't always go to see these films.

Even though those films are purposely built as an ensemble they generally all have one main character driving the movies narrative. There's an hierarchy in place for those type of films that's absent in at the very least both Avengers films because everyone is being given equal screen time. The problem with that is there's all these big name characters yet none of them are taking charge. That subsequently affects the villain and the challenge he poses. It's forgivable in the first Avengers because it's the first time these people meet, here the flaws of the concept start to show themselves. What suffocates this movie is that it's basically a solo film plot stretched out to fit an ensemble movie, that's why people are feeling let down by Ultron, because he's not really not challenging anyone.

I couldn't figure out how to quote from the closed thread, but thanks to "wobbly" for explaining Ultron's motivations/intentions.

I completely missed that he wanted to rule over the surviving/strongest humans as their "god". For some reason, I thought he planned to wipe out all of humanity and start again with robotic lifeforms.

So, is this movie the first time the Hulkbuster has actually been successful in beating The Hulk?

More characters doesn't mean they are ever going to focus on them. I don't think the MCU could survive without IM, Cap, Hulk and Thor. I don't think the other characters can make enough money

We JUST saw GOTG outperform Captain America The Winter Soldier last year. In fact GOTG is (for now) the third highest grossing film Marvel studios has made. That film was filled with a bunch of obscure characters that rarely did well in the comics and movie audiences were skeptical of.

Marvel has a strong enough brand that they can make a movie about just about any character in their roster. As long as they keep cranking out quality material they'll be fine. If they felt other characters couldn't support their own movies they wouldn't even bother trying things like Dr Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, or Inhumans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"