Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think would have happened if everything played out exactly as it did but when the New Avengers come out he would have come out with them in his New Outfit and said..."Wha you didn't see that coming"...If we would have thought he was dead up into that point would it have affected the impact of the story?

Honestly... i think it'd be cheap. I think Wanda needs his death for her character growth... and like i previously said.. QS isn't an integral Avengers member.. in the comics he's went pretty dark on multiple occasions, and even turned on the team several times... to the point he's almost more villain than hero.

Now.. if they want to bring him back much later.. like if wanda get's a new skill set with Strange... or if they want to bring him back with the inhumans.. fine.. but I don't think he's needed to be brought onto a full time avengers team spanning multiple films.

That would've further cheapened any deaths in the MCU. Loki, Bucky, Fury, Coulson...too many have "died" and then come back to life. In the comics its a bit of a necessary evil. In the MCU its just being played out.
And its for this reason you cant keep using the Death thing.

And its for this reason you cant keep using the Death thing.
...LMD's would make it WORSE. We still aren't sure if Patton Oswold's characters are LMDs on AoS

...LMD's would make it WORSE. We still aren't sure if Patton Oswold's characters are LMDs on AoS
Whether you kill off a Character to bring him back or leave him dead you have to do that Super Sparingly or it loses the effect either way.I started to feel that way with Daredevil Netflix.
Except for the death of Wesley now that blew my MIND!!!
As much as I would like him back and not have died the shock factor behind it threw me off my chair...Put it this way I was falling into a sound sleep and jumped up.See that death had a lot of purpose because I can see her guilt taking her down a dark road like her character in the Comic Book.

Edit:Just read this on another post...

>I've read an interesting post in which it was said that Quicksilver's "death" was the result of a deal between Marvel and Fox. Fox would get Quicksilver for their X-Men DOFP movie, and Marvel would get Scarlet Witch, but since they are brother and sister, Marvel needed to introduce him before getting him killed. I won't say it's all part of a conspiration, but I find it an interesting point of view. Why not ?<

Makes you wonder because just like he wont be in Mu we don't really see her but briefly in X-menu...and she wont be in the next film???

ANY INPUT?

Last edited:
Enjoyed the movie. Think its better than the first but since the excitement of finally seeing them together had worn off, I am more critical of this one than the first.

The snappiness of the dialog was relentless and many times cringey and some of the CGI was just unimpressive. The Widow/HUlk romance lacked chemistry. It seemed like a half-baked way to increase stakes. Love the characters though, esepcially the new ones. Vision stole the show and I am going to miss this Quicksilver.

I think these brain patterns you are talking about were used from the scepter....so that's why it doesn't make sense..
Tony and Bruce were already working on Ultron before the story starts. When they get the Scepter Tony says this is the key they need to create Ultron.

Its not clear but presumably the AI from the Scepter is combined with whatever Tony was working on before to create Ultron.

Just finished my 2nd viewing and I enjoyed it a lot more. Was still laughing at just about every jokes and some of the action is just too good.

The Quicksilver death is still the low point for me. I enjoyed QS a whole lot more this viewing also and I still feel I enjoyed him more than SW. Still extremely disappointed they decided to kill him, seems it was all for Scarlet Witch. I can only hope that if SW appears in Doctor Strange; she wants to bring him back to the dead. Yeah, the one who whine about deaths in Marvel will have more ammo but I don't care.

That would've further cheapened any deaths in the MCU. Loki, Bucky, Fury, Coulson...too many have "died" and then come back to life. In the comics its a bit of a necessary evil. In the MCU its just being played out.

I don't get that complaint.

The the only character flat out died was Coulson.
Loki never died, it was a trick, same with Fury. I don't THINK Bucky died, I'm not sure.

Plus that's part of the damn winter soldier arc, he has to die in the mind of steve.

Contracts by themselves don't mean anything if they don't ask you back.

*Everybody* who does these types of movies signs multi-picture contracts as standard procedure. I remember way back when Tyler Mane was touting how he signed a 3 picture contract so he was looking forward to playing Sabretooth again. Yeaaah no.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson talks about wanting Quicksilver back, length of contract, deleted scene including blowing out a burning Thor:

http://collider.com/aaron-taylor-johnson-talks-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-spoilers-joss-whedon/

About the 2:00 mark when asked about his contract...

Does it sound like he signed more or just one?

It sounds like he signed a multi picture deal. And since he couldn't confirm or deny that he has a multi picture contract with Marvel because it MIGHT be a spoiler about QS ultimate fate, leads me to believe that QS might not be as dead as Marvel says he is.

He's still under a contract of some sorts or else he would be able to openly discuss it. I bet hes got a multi contract deal.

Listening to a podcast atm, why do some people think Tony retired as Iron Man? Did they watch the finale on mute and just see the suits exploding and assume he retired.

I think even the actor who played the little kid in Iron Man 3 signed a multi film contract.

I don't think those mean much

Being fair, Marvel signs *everybody* for three picture deals. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Also, even if they had ATJ appear again, it doesn't mean Quicksilver will be resurrected. "Flashback" and "Dream Sequence" are also entirely possible, after all.

Considering what the macguffin of the next flick will be, you know QS will be back.

Listening to a podcast atm, why do some people think Tony retired as Iron Man? Did they watch the finale on mute and just see the suits exploding and assume he retired.

I've often wondered, myself. Maybe some people are incapable of interpretation? They look at the Clean Slate scene, and since the only reason they can imagine for blowing up those cool armors is "I have to quit", they interpret everything else as supporting him quitting. Which, if they are already inclined to hate the movie and not think clearly about it, because they fundamentally object to its core theme ( "I do not need armor to be a hero" ), might come easier.

Maybe because it's not how I interpreted it,
but it doesseem like he was retiring. A his suits were gone, all the shrapnel was removed (which I didnt get why it didn't get removed earlier), and he seemed to get even more dedicated to Pepper.

I knew he wouldn't retire but I can see why people thought that way

He's never gonna stop being Iron Man so long as he has enemies or people threaten his own.

He's never going to be Iron Man because there is more money to be made with the character

Even when I saw it the first time I never thought he was retiring. He ended the film saying I Am Iron Man. The suits and shrapnel are not what made him Iron Man which is why he initiated the clean slate program which is what I got out of it. What I got from the end of AoU felt more like a retirement to me.

I tried to continue listening to the public podcast but I tapped out. When they are asking "why Ultron need Vibranium" and "why is he lifting up a city" I can't continue. I thought it was pretty clear why he did and needed those things.

He's never going to be Iron Man because there is more money to be made with the character

I was trying to go the non cynical route, thanks a lot. :cmad:

So, I'm off to see this in a few hours.

do I need to stick around for any mid or post credit scene?

thanks.

Let's be honest for a minute. If Quicksilver becomes very popular among moviegoers, then Marvel will bring him back. Also, at one time, Feige was either denying or being coy about the existence of the real Mandarin in the MCU, and then Lo and behold it was revealed that the real Mandarin did exist in the MCU. And according to this recent article about the most popular Avengers from the movie, Quicksilver was pretty popular with American moviegoers.

http://www.ibtimes.com/avengers-age...erica-most-popular-hero-latest-marvel-1909294

And speaking of that poll, it looks like Hawkeye is still the least popular of the 7 main original movie Avengers despite his added (IMO) boring as hell generic Hollywood movie background.
The whole Mandarin thing is pretty encouraging to me as to the chances of Pietro coming back.

And just going from my friends who have seen it, Quicksilver resonated VERY well with audiences. Which is where the MCU's long habit of having their characters cheat death is going to cause problems. When so many people have come back from the dead, it's expected that a major character like Pietro will be back, espically with how well-recieved he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"