Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E08 - "Valediction"

While I completely agree with NoTolerance that Agent Carter, in some instances, sacrifices logic/common sense in order to serve a particular narrative beat, I'd say both Flash and Arrow (both of which I enjoy, but accept that, more often than not, I have to turn my brain off to enjoy) are far more guilty of that. It isn't even close.

BestGirl listed some good examples for Flash. I feel like I could add many many more. And Arrow? It's worse with that stuff. And AOS was very similar so often in season 1... though that show has gotten much better with this kinda stuff off late.

I'm eating crow these days. Flash and Arrow have really gone off the deep end and landed in a deep pool of nonsensical storylines. Yeesh.

Glad Agent Carter is coming back, though!

I think it's sad and hilarious that this show is more of a spy/espionage show than Agents of Shield ever was.

^

It's neither sad nor hilarious. I think overall quality matters more than rigidly sticking to definitions of what show ought to be what. And I would posit that season 2 of SHIELD was a stronger body of work overall than season 1 of Carter. In any case, I thought all three most recent seasons of "Marvel on TV" (Carter/AOS/Daredevil) were all strong, and there's no reason to tear one down to build another up.

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely fine to criticize, but to act like AOS didn't put out a high quality second season rings somewhat disingenuous to me.

In any case, the SSR during Agent Carter was loosely structured like the FBI with less government oversight and some level of international jurisdiction. As the SSR evolved into SHIELD, and as SHIELD subsequently evolved into something more nebulous, its scope obviously broadened into something a lot more expansive.

Agent Carter is better suited to do a traditional spy show partly because it is a period piece set in the heyday of spies. Agents of SHIELD is trying to do lots of things not really conducive to spies, such as the Inhumans.

All episodes high quality
http://cinemavf.org/serie/marvels-agent-carter.html

marvel-agent-carter.jpg

Agent Carter is better suited to do a traditional spy show partly because it is a period piece set in the heyday of spies. Agents of SHIELD is trying to do lots of things not really conducive to spies, such as the Inhumans.

One of the things Agents of SHIELD has going against it is that it is dealing with a modern spy agency, and they are supposed to be very advanced, which doesn't exactly fit a tv budget. But a period piece show like this most definitely can, which is why as a whole I think Agent Carter is much more well received than SHIELD.

Modern spy agencies don't do all the cool spy stuff. It will be analyzing computer data and then sending a drone to launch a hellfire missile. All the cloak and dagger, undercover spy stuff fit the Cold War not today (well, it fit what people wanted the Cold War to be, a lot of it was just chasing shadows).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"