Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x06 - "Fun & Games" - Discussion Thread

This was a good episode. It really seems as though they are pulling this pod to a conclusion so it will be interesting to see what the next pod is.

I was thinking the opposite, there has been no movement to un-destroy the world. Much less get the team back to the current MCU time frame. We just got the team back together, assuming Enoch's trip to the surface save Melinda May Agent of SHIELD succeeds.

arena battle skye vs blue ***** scene was my favorite. i want to see more of this.

I was thinking the opposite, there has been no movement to un-destroy the world. Much less get the team back to the current MCU time frame. We just got the team back together, assuming Enoch's trip to the surface save Melinda May Agent of SHIELD succeeds.

See I think the first pod is defined by the Lighthouse environment and the Kree rule in this future setting. They dispatched several main characters for this pod in this episode and I think they will be tying this up in the next couple of episodes. I think the next pod will back in the present as they try to determine what exactly happens to the Earth and trying to stop it.

Bit of nit picking nerd police work regarding Flint. But technically he should not really be part of the continuity 90 years later as he is a present day creation.

Of course it could be explained that he's a descendant of Flint, or the MCU is a different universe so who cares ;P :woot:

Bit of nit picking nerd police work regarding Flint. But technically he should not really be part of the continuity 90 years later as he is a present day creation.

Of course it could be explained that he's a descendant of Flint, or the MCU is a different universe so who cares ;P :woot:

MCU is Earth-199999. The main Marvel Universe is Earth-616. There is also several other variants of Earth-xxx in the books. Sometime even crossing over with each other.

So yea there's going to be differences and changes. There's plenty already. Cap wasn't a founding Avenger. Hank Pym and Wasp were. Pym created Ultron vs Tony creating Ultron. Etc Etc.

Them grabbing a D-List hero and changing origins to fit narrative isn't anything new.

MCU is basically "Inspired by the events of the comics".

Fitz is now a badass. Although I kept screaming at the TV for them to stop lolly-gagging in the arena afterwards.

Fitz is now a badass. Although I kept screaming at the TV for them to stop lolly-gagging in the arena afterwards.

Then why the hell did he leave ANYONE alive on that balcony??? These are ALL killers and slavers threatening human existence. Plus, if they do their job NONE of this timeline will ever have taken place. So, they would be killing nobody in reality. Why was Fitz using icers?????? A gun from 1945 would have been enough to end all this nonsense.

Is a single bullet really enough to take out a Kree like the ICEr would? How many rounds would it carry? It seems that there were strong tactical considerations for what he did.

Then why the hell did he leave ANYONE alive on that balcony??? These are ALL killers and slavers threatening human existence. Plus, if they do their job NONE of this timeline will ever have taken place. So, they would be killing nobody in reality. Why was Fitz using icers?????? A gun from 1945 would have been enough to end all this nonsense.

Doing some head canon perhaps something about the drug(?) cocktail in the icer round works on the Kree with more certainty then the penetration of a bullet. After all General Talbot survived a point blank shot to his forehead. And since that scene folks have said other humans have in the past for real.

I forgot the terminology used on Skye's first kill mission but you got the impression still being verbalized by Mack that SHIELD Agents, at least those who were not Hydra don't kill if it can be avoided. Only Hunter as a mercenary taking out the Hydra head played by Fred Dyer/Sergeant "Hunter" along with Hydra Agent Ward have gone to immediate kill mode.

They are stuck in the future, under the boot of the Kree, trying to save the Earth of the past from total destruction. Kill mode should be a no-brainer. They are part spy organization, part military force...the fact that they go out of their way to not kill bad guys is stupid.

They are stuck in the future, under the boot of the Kree, trying to save the Earth of the past from total destruction. Kill mode should be a no-brainer. They are part spy organization, part military force...the fact that they go out of their way to not kill bad guys is stupid.

I think at this point of the story they should be thinking more like spies than soldiers. If a scout fires before the main battle force arrives the enemy is alerted before the maximum and critical damage can be done. Deke may be right dropping Kree bodies at this point will just have the Kree dropping more human bodies and SHIELD still would have made zero progress towards putting Earth back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"