Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Comic Books

There are solicits for at least a few following issues. There's going to be a Civil War II tie-in, at a minimum.

One of the later solicitations even mentions... (spoiler-tagged for others' benefit)

Coulson leaving SHIELD and forming some kind of third faction.

There's going to be a Civil War II tie-in, at a minimum.

As it turns out... spoilers for the issue:

Coulson also had strategies/contingencies for his team, too. They're not amused.

The outfall of that is actually the Civil War II tie-in story as far as I know.

The only thing I'll say is it feels weird reading this after Civil War II #1. It definitely takes place prior.

I believe that either Guggenheim is taking a lot of time to write or the artist to draw the issues. The gaps between the issues are ridiciously long sometimes. This one probably was supposed to come out before CWII #1 at first.

It's fine, it happens. I don't expect to each week to have all stories take place at the same time. The art one of the highlights of the book, so I understand it taking longer.

Wow, that last book was great.

Agents of SHIELD # 7 - Under New Management - Episode One: Whose Side Are You On?

Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_1_7_zpsf37oyi95.jpg

CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!

• The AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. are thrust into the middle of a war between heroes, and nothing will ever be the same for S.H.I.E.L.D. itself and for our beloved team.

• This arc will have lasting ramifications for Coulson and his intrepid agents.

The issue begins very tense. It's a firefight between SHIELD and the US government over a Hydra sattelite. Then the sattelite crashes. There's a reference to the first Civil War with Stamford, CT. Unfortunately, that's where it goes down, proving that the town just can't catch a break.

The big thing is the fallout from the Coulson protocals. Coulson is basically Batman in this, always thinking of ways to beat friend and foe and that's really having some serious consequences even when it's with good intentions. There's also some good tie-in stuff leading to Civil War II # 3.

I'm curious to see where this will go. I think the book is finally getting its feet (even if I suspect it'll get cancelled soon).

I think the book is finally getting its feet (even if I suspect it'll get cancelled soon).

There doesn't seem to be much interest in it. It's a shame because the TV Agents of SHIELD deserves a long-running comic in my view.

Wow that last issue was pretty cool! Well yeah, with Civil War II going on, I bet the Coulson Protocols will be Shield's battles.

Agents of SHIELD # 8 - Under New Management - Episode Two: The Third Faction

Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_1_8_zps0nbvwlcb.jpg

CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!

• PHIL COULSON, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. no more!

• Coulson has chosen a side in this war...HIS OWN!

• The THIRD FACTION begins here. You are not going to want to miss this seismic-change issue.

Phil Coulson is tying into Civil War. He's acting on his own and kind of tangential to the main events, much like the TV version, but I think interesting things are happening. Coulson does a good job of pointing out how crazy every side in this is. It's a good philosophy debate that I think contributes to the discussion (although it ends up more pro-Stark than pro-Danvers).

There's a brief scene of the team trying to save Simmons. Without saying much, I hope they don't end up going down that route. Bigger quibble, given the seriousness of that, I thought the ending where they were training came off a bit weird.

I like the Coulson plot. I think this story advances his character. It's a solid tie-in as well. I wouldn't call it essential reading, but I think it contributes more than the Standoff tie-ins (particularly the second one of those).

Cool, I'll have to pick it up!

Bit concerning that there only seems to be ten issues in total listed on Marvel's site. It will be a shame if the Coulson SHIELD is discontinued after only two comic book runs (S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

I doubt they'll cancel the new book yet.
At least not until Civil War II is done. He's the third option after all

My suspicion is the book will end with Civil War, but I could be pleasantly surprised.

I feel this book has probably benefitted sales-wise from being a tie-in, but it also struggles to find its own voice considering that.

Did you see the Civil War choosing sides books? Fury Jr has been going after LMD's of Fury sr. So who KNOWS where the SHIELD books will go. Even the new Howling Commandos made an appearance in the book

I hope they continue the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comics books and follow the TV series' inclusion of Ghost Rider.

They could at that! Makes me wonder if he'll be part of a tv version of Howling Commandos of Shield. At least it would be a cool Halloween week show. lol

Agents of SHIELD # 9 - Under New Management - Episode Three: Elektra, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_1_9_zpsgwzmmmhf.jpg

CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!

IT’S COULSON VERSUS HIS TEAMMATES IN THIS EPIC SHOWDOWN!

• PHIL COULSON’s THIRD FACTION is hitting the battlefield of CIVIL WAR II!

• But how will they fare against Coulson’s former teammates and their new leader, ELEKTRA??

• Sides are being chosen and these AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. will never be the same.

With Coulson out of favor (in this case on the run) and Daisy quitting the team with a sketchy new boss, the status quo feels kind of like the start of the season (only, in this case, the new boss is Elektra Nachios).

The biggest difference is that Grant Ward is back with the team and boy does that feel slimey. I think the book does a good job of piggybacking of the show, but putting a good comics spin. But good revelations when it comes to Fitz's story and Jemma's story.

Overall, it continues to be solid but not great. That being said, there are a lot of little moments that are used well. I don't know what's going to happen next (I believe it's getting cancelled after next month), but I do hope the stuff that Guggenheim added to this team get carried forward by other writers in the future.

Last edited:
When do Marvel typically announce if they're continuing a comic line? It would be nice to know if they plan on continuing the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comics.

These days usually with the issue before the cancellation. We haven't seen that so we're hoping they won't cancel the book

These days usually with the issue before the cancellation. We haven't seen that so we're hoping they won't cancel the book

So it's a good sign that nothing's been said yet then?

Fingers crossed they continue the comic series. It may be that Marvel believe it benefits them as an advert for the Agents of SHIELD show, which in turn is of course a way of advertising the MCU.

So it's a good sign that nothing's been said yet then?

Fingers crossed they continue the comic series. It may be that Marvel believe it benefits them as an advert for the Agents of SHIELD show, which in turn is of course a way of advertising the MCU.
Yeah it's great so far that nothing has been even hinted at. Then I hope none of this Civil War II has any long time effect.
I mean, there's even the Civil War choosing Sides book that has Shield related stories in it, so maybe we'll have a LONG run with the AoS book

Yeah it's great so far that nothing has been even hinted at. Then I hope none of this Civil War II has any long time effect.
I mean, there's even the Civil War choosing Sides book that has Shield related stories in it, so maybe we'll have a LONG run with the AoS book

I was in Scarborough (UK) and found a Marvel comic that had a SHIELD issue from the Mark Waid series in it. I was pretty surprised but I guess these SHIELD comics are a lot more popular than I thought.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 # 10 - Under New Management - Episode Four: End of the Line

Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_1_10_zps4xbk3dg9.jpg

THE S.H.I.E.L.D. CIVIL WAR CONCLUDES!

• Will COULSON return to his team?

• Will JEMMA SIMMONS live?

• Who is the new DEATHLOK???

• Get your answers here!!

Sadly, I think this is the final issue of this comic.

My review:
I don't like the bouncing back in forth chronologically. It doesn't really flow well. I feel it's used to skip a lot of important things to move the plot along. That being said, Guggenheim has done a great job capturing the voices of the characters this issue. The art also seems on point. To me, this is a consistent issue for a book that's kind of described by that word. It didn't wow me, but it resolved the issues in a moderately entertaining way. I hope these characters manage to pop up again in the future in comic book form.

Last edited:
Man wish it was still an on going. At least we also got an AoS MCU guide book with an Agent Carter Guide book too.

Why's everything online referring to the Agents of SHIELD comic run ending? I haven't seen any confirmation anywhere by Marvel that this is the case and the site says '2016-Present'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"